Are these things good?

Attached: ....jpg (400x300, 6K)

They're not bad

Are they just generic windows laptops?

laptops? no

Are they making Vaios anymore? They were overpriced imo.

I have a 2010 model. I dropped it to the ground several time, once even in a puddle. I'm not lying about it being as good as new, the chassis mainly sticks together with duct tape. The DVD drive is broken, the monitor colors are a bit towards the red rubber feet are gone and the K sometimes "lift". Everything else works magnificently, hinges are perfect (although the plastic around them is almost only duct tape) and with a medium workflow I still get 3h of (original, 8yo) battery life. I love this little bastard, it even has a backlit keyboard!

Model is VPCS11E7E

Intel only housefires

Ehhhh, they're not bad, but they're really just lackluster. There's no real reason to go out of your way to get one.

Actually the Vaio I have has an APU.

Not bad but ThinkPads exist which are way better

Sve1712w1 here.
> display is good
> mediocre keyboard
> bad touchpad (OK if it wasn't for that bad single button design)
> bad built quality

3632qm full CPU load = 86C max temp

if you're on pajeet budget go for a refurbished thinkpad or snipe one on ebay

Attached: 1428023829188.jpg (902x992, 123K)

I've owned half a dozen VAIO laptops over the years and quite liked all of them. They're all so damn pretty, and they all still work.

Attached: My-Vaios.jpg (3126x1200, 1.46M)

I used to work in Vaio tech support lel, wouldn't buy one but then again people only called because they had problems, they didn't call to say how good they were so I guess I'm biased, some had factory defects that Sony wouldn't cover under warranty if they broke outside of it.

VAIO got spun off into a company

The left one is a qt3.14
They should start making those again

have one since 2013

Attached: 20181018_213449.jpg (3264x2448, 2.06M)

Any semi modern laptop is good with at least 8gb of ram and an SSD.

My 2012 Vaio still runs like new. I don’t use it often anymore, but it’s really fast when I do.

Yes!!!!!!!!
Linux? check for fan problems, mine is always on :-/ there is a page somewhere describing this trouble

>people only call tech support when something isn't working

Damn user, who could have guessed?
No one's just gonna call you and tell you how satisfied they are with the product for no reason.

Bought a VAIO Pro 11 back in 2014 because they're light and very portable and it still works fine today; later I found out that Torvalds himself bought the same model for the same reason though I never actually managed to install loonex on it, seems the only option is to completely erase and install which is something I'm can't risk attempting due to unfounded fear that I can never reinstall windows again for resale.