Libre Office doesn’t ship with Times New Roman

>Libre Office doesn’t ship with Times New Roman
And you fuckers expect me to use this to get through college? Abiword all the way

Attached: image.jpg (1000x1000, 287K)

Use LyX.

>Abiword
sudo apt-get install abiword
nice thanks op

proprietary font, but just use word schools give it away for no cost

>word on linux
sounds fuunn...

I’d rather use google bot docs desu

>Liberation Serif
>FreeSerif
>Nimbus Roman

all metric compatible

why not just use one of the look alikes? i find it hard to believe there isnt a foss clone, and i really doubt your professors would try to spot the difference. they literally just want the gay typewriter serifs because it "feels" more "professional"

Never heard of'em

user, come see me after class I noticed you used Times Roman instead of Times NEW Roman.

I'm going to to have to fail you if you keep up this behavior, it's awfully unprofessional.

Former TA here. The TNR requirement is just to make it easier to judge length. No one gives a shit cannot the precise kerning or whatever as long it it measures it about the same.

But do use LyX.

I want to fug that anime

>used Liberation Serif my entire academic life and nobody gave a shit
>MLA says that any legible serif typeface is acceptable and never names Times New Roman at all

Install mscorefonts if you're so autistic. But you should avoid using proprietary fonts and just use whatever ships with your distro.

The fuck's LyX?

it is definitely not something that utilize LaTeX as hinted by the name. nope.

A structured document processor.

>mla

Kys learn some Chicago

it works with work arounds but it's a bit slow (office 365)

You can install it. Just search how to add it to your distro.

You can also just literally type "Times New Roman" in the font name bar and hit enter. It will use a font that is similar but will open the file with Times set as the font for any computer that has it.

>Use Latex for everything
>Don't bother changing the font from the default
>Export as PDF and use that for all my assignments
>Literally nobody has told me to do otherwise

Attached: 1518065114066.jpg (657x478, 67K)

Just install mscorefonts you libretards
Free as in freedom is meant as a guideline not an absolutionist rule.

your school doesn't give you a license for ms office? man i went to a POS commuter school and even they gave us an office license

Good job using the software that works best for you.

I don't think any of my assignments required Times New Roman in particular, just that it be 12 pt

they dont want to trigger the autistic kid

you go to community college faggot

Neither a good font for on-screen display or for laser printing, your professors are retards

just learn LaTeX. if you're gonna do it at least do it right. you learn much more about the structure of your documents. if you're going to be writing them a lot it's much more efficient rather than having to build everything from scratch every time.

>using libre office and times new roman at all
Do you need to write a document on-the-go and you don't care about its format and structure? Use this: Do you need to write a series of documents using the same format and structure? Learn LaTeX. I suggest Memoir class, which has a lot of features and a great documentation.

You're professors not gonna give a shit if you use liberation serif dude.

I fucking hate that piece of shit font and how it became the standard for publishing papers in my country

Liberation serif is basically the same thing and converts to it in .doc and .docx files I believe

Tinos is a 1:1 replacement for Times New Roman from croscore fonts.

neither does microsoft office

Use groff if you're patrician.

Use LaTeX if you're a pleb.

Use a WYSIWYG word processor if you're basically a slave that lost his master.