Traveling with Linux on my laptop

>traveling with Linux on my laptop
>traveling with a homemade open source phone (pic related)

How do you Jow Forumsentoomen do it without getting held up by airport security?

Attached: open source phone.png (1600x900, 902K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.sb-components.co.uk/collections/featuredproducts/products/pitalk-iot-enabled-modular-smartphone-for-raspberry-pi
youtube.com/watch?v=8eaiNsFhtI8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is this this one?

I almost just bought this, but I realized I wouldn't have time for it right now due to other shit I am doing so it had to wait

no wait this is something else, what shield is this?
shop.sb-components.co.uk/collections/featuredproducts/products/pitalk-iot-enabled-modular-smartphone-for-raspberry-pi

got link? I almost bought a shield last year too but it was simply to fucking expensive this one here isn't that bad

Attached: download.jpg (915x675, 91K)

Raspberry Pi is not open source. It uses a proprietary processor.

Maybe they will give you a pass since you're clearly special needs level austistic.

Buy a regular fucking phone. No one is going to fuck the guy with a home made cell phone.

Attached: Snip20170801_15.jpg (820x550, 45K)

It's this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=8eaiNsFhtI8

>No one is going to fuck the guy with a home made cell phone.
>all I care about is sex

>pretending you leave the house
>pretending you're not just looking for snowflake points

I met the last girl I fucked when she approached me after classes because my riced tiling wm desktop got her attention.

this

you have the hands of a cuck and an OS run by faggots and transgenders

no one cares about your faggot toy that took 30 seconds to assemble

cool
it's another gsm shield.

and kek held together with some "strips" only. last I checked there were no cases available so you have to make and print them

Attached: download (1).jpg (768x1925, 253K)

By not having a phone that looks like an IED to the monkeys in the TSA. That's probably the cause of most of your problems.

>never happened or probably a horny hambeast

reddit spacing
i thought using any cellular device (homemade or vendor made) that connects to a cell tower would always be make you lose security since owners can ping you?

How hard is it to write my own software for something like this? How easy are the APIs for calls and SMS to hook into? Can you get them with 4G?

Harder than preordering a librem 5. And probably more expensive if you value your time.

kek

memes aside though those gsm modules can be used in a lot of other shit other than phones, imagine ie having a drone that could go for miles on end granted only that there is cellular coverage. camera shit or whatever at your cabin etc etc etc.
it's pretty straight forward I've only looked some at this but if you check out pitalk they got examples there and it's opensource.
yeah I think you have 4g modules too but last I checked those were shit expensive though

"here you go sir, its an open source phone hehe I know it looks a bit scary - ooh whats going on why is a cock going up my ass? I run linux therefore am a transgender and enjoy this hehehehe"

Attached: ied-2.jpg (200x267, 14K)

only on Jow Forums would a technology thread shit on someone for making their own smartphone
this place needs to die

>he doesn't have an arduino phone
Bloat

Attached: 1533966735102.jpg (1800x2700, 941K)

3D print a shell to put around it so it looks a more normal phone, duh. Also if actually made the phone post a real pic and tell me what you run for it's operating system. I know I've seen that picture before so that can't be it.

You don't need a Raspberry for that, it's way overkill.

>How hard is it to write my own software for something like this?
Really easy, you can do it with an arduino + a GSM module, Google it.
>How easy are the APIs for calls and SMS to hook into?
Look for "at commands"
>Can you get them with 4G?
Yes, kinda expensive tho, I'm toying with a telit module that has Cat-m1 and NB-IoT support, it's neat.

I haven't gotten into sbc yet but this thread is making me want to

We've achieved peak autism lads

pique*

What's autistic about it? Tinkering, building and learning is autistic?
Why are you faggots even on this board then?

>You don't need a Raspberry for that,
you can use an arduino ie that uses less electricity
regardless tons of cool shit you can do with these modules/shields

Nigger if I want to install my own ceiling fan I'll go to /diy/
You people are fucking pathetic. I'm not even OP but I'm mad for him. Jow Forums is a wasteland of negativity and I hope you all get cancer.

>traveling with Linux on my laptop
just load it up if they ask you to. if they ask you what it is, simply tell them in a short, concise, to-the-point no autistic no spergy way
>traveling with a homemade open source phone (pic related)
don't

>you can't talk about soc or sbc on Jow Forums
leave newfag, nobody cares about your desktop rice

Making a smarphone and attaching a shield to a raspberry pi are different things

an industrial grade motion platform and got less attention

>check out my open source smarphone
>I also use Linux
>I'm one of you guys

looks like a bomb detonator OP
Id probably clock you if I saw you pull that out in public.

abort mission khalid

Is it really a smartphone if all it has is a dialer?

You dont actually own this, do you?
you picture is from a youtube video.
post yours or your a faggot

>or probably a horny hambeast
Sex is still sex

Airport security is more interested in the Nintendo Switch. I went through four different countries and every single fucking one of them someone had to pull my bag off the x-ray machine and inspect the Nintendo Switch. Two of them swabbed the fucking thing for explosives.

Strange. I went through airport security in the Philippines and forgot I left a big pair of scissors in my backpack that I use to trim my pubes. The x ray dude wasnt even looking at the screen as my bag went through and was talking to some coworker woman. They found and took them in Japan though.

dude, your connector's on reverse! do you even read your notifications?

I'd be suspicious too, if I saw a grown man travelling with a console.

Sadly, Jow Forums has become a consumerist board

Sure thing. Not a fan of arduinos myself, but they're a great gateway drug into electronics.

>giant homemade device wrapped in wires with exposed circuitry

Nobody will let you take that carry on, checked baggage maybe if you ask the airline beforehand.

Attached: 1535498609056.jpg (402x402, 49K)

>that dora look
hnnnng

It's a raspberry pi, I'm pretty sure it's running linux and can do anything linux can do. Could install android too.

Jow Forums is a fuckin trash board filled with retarded 13-yo consumerist subhuman cucks and pajeets, literally no reason to stay here.

hehehe

>phones are more important than sex
kek

I'm a frequent traveler and have never had my electronics searched. I have always been waved through. Security has never stopped me apart from randomized explosives swabs.

It's a neat idea. I just don't think it's very practical.

Stop staring at little girls in public.

Just get an old feature phone you retard

I want to nakadashi Dora-chan

>open source phone (pic related)
>proprietary black-box baseband required to connect to any cellular network
Pick one. The only open phone is no phone.

>nobody on Jow Forums gets laid