/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 318217 headphones hiten wallpaper.jpg (1600x1200, 503K)

how comfy is hifiman sundara?

not bad but depending on your head shape the strap may be too short

mostly concerned about the pads, the velours on some 400i I tried were kind of itchy

I want to lick her thighs

I need to sell a couple of old headphones if anyone on Jow Forums is interested.
DT770 pro 32 ohm, stock pleather pads, good condition.
DT880 premium 600 ohm, good condition but probably could use an earpad replacement because they've been getting flat.
Momentum 2s with an aftermarket cable, work just fine but the left earcup adjustment is a bit loose.
I can list them on ebay/mercari and will sell them for cheap to someone from Jow Forums (and who knows, you might get a nice extra gift)

Attached: 20181018_183252.jpg (2656x1494, 1.46M)

post the oldest headphones u got

Attached: IMG_0591.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

It just sorta happened.
Was deciding between the DT 990's and these and the sound stage is what sold it for me.

Attached: SmartSelect_20181018-184630_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1394x1200, 223K)

How good are the KZ-ZS10s? They look like decent IEMs for the price but if they're not good is there anything better? Plus are there any IEM tips that create a good seal?

so the headphone jack didnt work out. about what youd expect from a receiver. harsh white noise.
but you can't deny this fucker is a cutie...

Attached: IMG_20181018_220313.jpg (3480x4640, 3.35M)

I have a pair of AKG Q701s that keep breaking. The wiring in the ear piece keeps coming apart and needing to be soldered on again. Thinking about ordering a new pair instead. Are the AKG 702/7XX/712 any better? Or should I just go for a Sennheiser 598/600/650?

Budget: $200

>Location: Australia

>Source: ?

>Type of headphone: Wireless earphones

>Open or closed: open

>Comfort level: normie tier

>Sound signature: anything good

>Past headphones: beats

Looking for earphones for normie gf what should I get for her?

Beats or whatever is popular
>oh user you got the best headphones

ive stupidly bought 800 hundred dollar open back headphones with a portable amp for my first audiophile purchase without knowing the difference between Open back vs close back gear. I hate listening to music inside my room and I love walking at night at the local park listening to my favorite tunes(I also use this time to get away from my dysfunctional family), but I heard with open back headphones, this would be a shitty experience. I wanna know how loud my environment can get before it starts to affect the listening experience of good quality open back headphones?

Attached: 19.jpg (852x480, 26K)

nothing beats beats, user

Can you ship the DT880 to Canada?

Harsh white noise? So like, when nothing is playing, you hear the white noise? It's really that bad?

what difference does perforation make on an earpad

I could, but it might be difficult. Items like these need to be shipped securely in a box and doing so is pretty expensive even just to Canada ($45).

Hybrid pads offer the comfort of velour on the surface and middle step between airy and closed off sound. If you don't have pads to roll I would suggest at least picking up the basics when you have extra cash, pleather, pleather angleds, velour and hybrids, maybe real leather if you have money to burn or if they are on sale.

Attached: 1539457189354.gif (487x560, 898K)

Ok yea, not good for either of us.

I've got dt990s, and depending on how loud you listen, it isnt nessicarily too bad. Especially if you're not in a crowded area with a lot of background noise. I've used my dt990s at work (I'm a commercial diesel mechanic, so 1 inch impacts, 22 ton pneumatic Jack's, die grinders, the works) and honestly I preferred it to ear buds, because while yes I was doing paperwork at my tool box, I could still hear what was going on around me.

Of the the 3 Fostex TR-X00 models (mahogany, purpleheart & ebony) which is the best for EDM namely progressive trance and house?

/hpg/, let me tell you a secret

Attached: TrustyFucks.jpg (3840x2160, 934K)

let me guess, you think your overrated shitphones are endgame?

No, that I love you

lyt user

As a family, of course

cmon you know you want this dick bby

>Budget
Under $100
>Location
US
>Source
Phone
>Type of headphone
IEM, wireless but not true wireless
>Comfort level
Comfy, I'll be wearing them for hours of studying plus at the gym
>Sound signature
Warm, I don't care about loud bass, but I don't want ear piercing treble
>Past headphones
Shure SE215

Attached: doggrenade.jpg (589x585, 96K)

Sound better than HD6XX

Does the Philips site still sell these? I want to into open back but don't know where to start. I'm interested in mixing and am not rich enough to treat a room

Not at the price you'd want them for. These used to sell for $50 CAD; why must all good things come to an end?

TrustyFucks is no more

Does any one else have a pair of Zero Audio Carbo Mezzo's? I absolutely love them and i kinda wonder what other people think of them.

Attached: 20181003_134417.jpg (2304x1296, 876K)

preorder

Attached: 10179434[1].jpg (1920x1217, 1.75M)

no one cares about gilmore's piece of shit amps, fuck off and die.

they are absolute shit. If you are going to buy KZ buy the AS10's.

this

Forgot to mention I'm in the US, shipping within the states is most convenient. Asking for ~$90 for either of the Beyers and $75 for the Momentums (not including shipping). dt770s come with their box and bag, dt880s only come with their carrying case since that's all I can fit in a medium box though I can ship out with the big box if you want to pay more for shipping. Momentums are over-ear if you couldn't tell from the picture.
Shoot me some offers and I can list them wherever

Attached: 1539373336050.jpg (448x448, 68K)

got a pair of audio-technica M40x's yesterday for about £58 some of the best headphones I've ever used.

Plus are portable amps a meme?

Should I get something else for my Fidelio X2 or is plugging it into a normal mobo good enough

lol if your headphones don't have separate volume and tone controls and weigh at least 30 pounds.

Attached: JENNIFER125.jpg (645x893, 67K)

This is from the other day who asklng about relative headphone measurement.
So today i bought cheap lavalier mic, get rid of the foam, and plug it in to my ear, cable side is inside.
Suprisingly the mic is not as bad as I expected.

Attached: 1.png (1352x768, 76K)

>"For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in "
>IEMs
>Chink-shit
But what about some balanced, durable ~$100-150 AUD ones?

Attached: 1534062754841.png (638x595, 33K)

this is also HD330 without and with glasses, and calibrated with truefi.

Attached: 2.png (1352x768, 102K)

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is STAX so high fidelity? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the audio world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Edifier to mass produce electrostats and fix this broken country. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought headphones were supposed to have improved in the past 80 years???? This is so fucked.

Join the Takstar army by getting Pro 82.

Attached: 6A6AF65D-F8C4-405B-81CC-90EB52BF50D0.jpg (480x480, 38K)

GO BACK TO SUPER BEST AUDIO FRIENDS

YOU BOOMER

FAGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOTTT

Attached: 7F29F7C1-EFD6-4FB3-9BD4-43F25F057E20.gif (320x180, 1.43M)

Fucking why

Never, I want something fresh but not even Finder X1s could handle a trip to Europe and I had to duct tape some torn wire.

I would love ti buy those momentums but I live in México and the shipping is going to be a bitch

I like HD600.

Attached: hd-600-front-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.16M)

>real life npc wojak

Attached: heero.png (434x400, 120K)

Are there ever any decent headphone deals on Black Friday? I remember looking last year and only seeing a ton of bluetooth stuff I didn't care about (but then again I didn't look very hard)

What's wrong with them? I used to own them and they were fine. Did they fuck up a revision?

Yes. HD600 is very good. True benchmark of hi-fi. Pair it with my Schiit stack. Very good.

>>real life npc
That’s kind of the point of the meme

Would DT770 250Ω work well with a SoundblasterX G6?

Yes, I got that far

Attached: Oh (jew).jpg (680x620, 60K)

>mfw conflicted between HD600 vs HD650
>read a ton of shit online but still not made up my mind
>if I could listen to them side by side I would probably decide in a heartbeat
This bad boy has been waiting for too long

Attached: photo_2018-10-19_15-34-29.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

That's actually biggest issue I have with buying new headphones - no way to get first-hand listening experience on the models I want, so it's always a gamble if I don't know someone who has a pair. What's that amp, btw? Looks pretty neat

>What's that amp, btw? Looks pretty neat
Thanks, it's a custom Bottlehead Crack I made with my own parts, following their schematic.
This thing gave a whole new life to my HD598 and it's the reason why I was able to postpone my purchase of a new can for so long.

Cowon Plenue D or Fiio M7?

Acoustic Research AR-H1 Open Planar Magnetic Headphones at $299 on massdrop right now (original price is $599)
ships nov. 21

Attached: yf85wUHRRam8QeWXV9kG_pc.png.jpg (721x721, 34K)

They're not "the true benchmark" but they're good

>assdrop
>planar memenetic
no thx

Buy them from AliExpress. They're legit SHP9500.

today my senisser HD 600 arrived i fell like my life changed forever. I never enjoyed music so much this is amazing !!!

Massdrop THX amp have begun shipping!!!

Attached: yande.re 452436 animal_ears headphones hibiki_(kancolle) kantai_collection nekomimi reitou_mikan sei (1200x1533, 364K)

I really like HD600.

Attached: hd-600-design-3-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.16M)

They're good for long listening sessions imo. I don't find them fatiguing at all.

Why on earth this headphones make me a NPC ?

Yea right. How do you like the feeling of your head in a vice?

they don't, they're good,
these are better
expensive things are better

Attached: applsci-06-00117-g001.png (1454x1104, 2.71M)

D U D U
this headphones cost 1700$ no way any normal person will buy them

Have you drank the tube amp kool-aid, /hpg/?

>300 bucks
good lord.

Attached: M20181019_163524_742.jpg (798x406, 50K)

Daily reminder that tube amps are better at plankton than solid states.

That's may sound like a stupid question, but. Is there some fancy models on the market similar in philosophy with pic related? I mean like reminiscent of older lightweight headphones. Bonus points if other than porta pro.

Attached: 51f8b7dfe49e512a4800b071.jpg (355x326, 49K)

Koss KPH30ik

Do classic audio technica velour pads fit the new AD X series?

Attached: atpad.jpg (400x400, 13K)

Yes, Cat user changed his AD900X pads for the original AD900 ones, it makes me them more comfortable if i'm not mistaken.

Right. The family thinks the 58X gives them a headache, and I have spare A-T pads.

>Budget
200 britbongers
>Location
l o n d o n
>Source
mobile device
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
duh

need to have bluetooth capability. i'm aware of the sennheiser 4.40/50s

Perfect! I'm coming from the ATH AD700 and those are pure comfort, so I definitely wanted something similar.

My beyerdynamic dt 990 pros just arrived, but the wire is too big to fit into either of my laptop or phone headphone jack. What do I do?

never mind I'm a fucking idiot. I didn't take out the coil first.

I just finally got my 'flat' setup finished. No need to mess it up intentionally.
Ditch the headband and get KSC75

Then they'll be right up your alley. Comfortable too.

They sound great by the way.

Attached: 1524839509304.jpg (1000x712, 73K)

Glad you are enjoying then, user.

Tubes are great, once you achieve ultimate transparency with stax, you start to realize that there's no point chasing that goal with dynamic headphones and you might as well buy a comfy hand warmer tube amp that glows n sheeeit.

real tube enthusiasts actually hate the glow and the fucking heat tubes produce while appreciating the sound

This, they do it for plankton.

Nice. How's the bass and treble?

They have a purely planktonic mindset.

$200-$300 budget. AKG or Sennheiser?

Buy speakers!

Attached: IMG_3940.jpg (1500x1486, 141K)

Thanks for your input, Rakesh.