Well Jow Forums?

well Jow Forums?

Attached: mobile-platforms.jpg (750x450, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Neither.

Attached: npc cure.jpg (347x1023, 33K)

Been using ios for 5 years. Last month I got a s9+. I d say android is overall better but I miss Safari. Having access to the filesystem rocks tho

Depends how NPC you are, really.

Attached: 1539832421808.png (678x670, 242K)

I want a kaios phone desu

I'm open minded. I try and pick what works best for me when I need a new phone. With that in mind I tend to think Apple makes the better phone (barely) but the price difference is usually not good trade off. Currently running with an Essential Ph-1 that I acquired for $225. Much better than paying 500+ for an iPhone 8.

>I miss Safari
why

I got used to navigating back and forth by swiping the screen.

wtf i cant do that on my SE

Well thats weird, I still have my 5s and it works just fine.

as a dev i code on both platform to get more ad views

I'm pretty strongly against iOS, so definitely Android.
Ideally though, I would like to have a better version of mobile Windows (that would try to at least get some cross-platform uniformity), or something open source.

look at the librem 5 my guy
puri.sm

Ubuntu Touch and Plasma Touch, but unless you have one of the devices on their shortlist, you have to compile it yourself for the device you have

I'll definitely take these into consideration, although for the time being I don't expect open source options to be able to catch up with Android in terms of usability, mostly because development is too slow or too early within the cycle.
At some point I probably will, since it's been getting really annoying that half of Google's apps either don't work right or are not competitive with third party equivalents. Namely, I really don't like that Chrome and YouTube are really buggy sometimes and don't have the same options as on PC.
Technically a win for Apple here, but I haven't used their software nearly enough to know if there's as much glitchy behavior.

Attached: 1503804504220.jpg (456x366, 100K)

I used to be a staunch Android supremacist but nowadays I find the Apple ecosystem more and more appealing with each passing day.
No idea why.

>here are you botnets to choose from

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (220x220, 19K)

Will there ever be a good Jow Forums app for iOS, or is Apple still against that?
Google's best decision on android ever was being able to download from any source, I really don't know why Apple hasn't kept up with this feature that's been on basically every computer

Obviously Android.

IOS lets you do almost jack shit with your mobile computer. You barely can transfer files into and off it.

I'm an iPhone owner and I have to say that Android is by and far the best mobile operating system around.

iPhones are so fucking limited that it's disgusting. I used to really like FaceTime because I was able to take Live Photos, but now that Apple removed that feature, the only good things that iPhones have over Androids are iMessage and the TradingView app.

>Will there ever be a good Jow Forums app for iOS, or is Apple still against that?
To be fair, Jow Forums's website pretty much already has all the features you'll need for effective shitposting without an app at all, if you dig through the settings.
>Google's best decision on android ever was being able to download from any source, I really don't know why Apple hasn't kept up with this feature that's been on basically every computer
Well that's because the whole point of Android is malleability; user control. Apple is a lot more focused on a tightly curated, stable and low-maintenance experience with iOS. So the two platforms are fundamentally different in those aspects. Hell, Google didn't even start screening apps in the Play Store until recently, which just seems dangerous.
Not that one is better or worse than the other, it's just that I think I'm starting to value the things iOS has to offer over Android.

The browser site is uncomfortable to use in my opinion, especially features like thread watcher and the catalog. Also, the elements are sometimes broken (image). On top of that, I'm certainly not going to look at ads on top of my $20 per year for the pass

Attached: Screenshot_20181018-231844-01.jpg (1440x286, 74K)

Me too, but I hate the banana shape and the high price. Waiting till someone makes a budget version with candybar shape.

Works on my SE

fixed

Attached: 1539918641512.jpg (347x1023, 33K)