I dunno where else to turn with this...

i dunno where else to turn with this. it's my only desktop at the moment had been working fine but now it won't even start. i did the paperclip psu test and confirmed the 220w psu is indeed working (fan started spinning) but the power indicator on front hasn't lit since it stopped and power button wont power the system on whatsoever. any suggestions of things i could try?

PC in question is a Thinkcentre M800
i7 7700 cpu, 8GB Ram DDR4-2400

Attached: front_thinkcentre_M700.png (1080x478, 760K)

heres whats goin on inside

Attached: guts_thinkcentre_M800.png (1080x1018, 2.08M)

Everything is plugged in right m'boy?

try to start it by bridging the two power pins on the board directly. if not you are out of luck with your mobo

Does anything turn on? Like cpu fan? Any beeps? Try moving the ram a slot over.

I should mention this occurred when I was tearing the broken DVD drive out and sat a smaller gpu in that must have overloaded the PSU. But I don't think that should have shorted anything.
If I can't get this to boot I'm just gonna pop the CPU into an entirely new Mobo and rest of rig.

You could also try replacing the little round battery in your motherboard, and is your cpu working? I guess you can't really check, but if the computer won't power on at all it could only really be the PSU, motherboard, or CPU.

No beeps or fan. The only indicator of weather the Mobo is getting power is the red light which isn't showing on the front.

I tried resetting the ram too

If I post a pic of the io ports will someone be able to tell me which effect the power? I will try looking up manual online

Thank you for contacting Lenovo Technical Support please hold and I will transwer you up to my superwisor yes ok.

Ching chong thanks

I killed that exact same machine putting a 1070 and bigger PSU in it.

The motherboard died but everything else was fine.

What gpu? I never seen exactly what would happen if you did that. I would imagine an idle gpu wouldnt use much power.

Attached: 1539636106655.png (1055x574, 93K)

-remove the mobo from the case
-test it with only psu, ram, cpu, connected

If this failes it could be the ram, do you have a replacement?

>No beeps or fan.
If you manually bridge the power switch connectors and still get nothing, one other thing you should check in this case is bent CPU pins. I bought a dead motherboard off ebay this week for practically nothing. It was just a bent pin. I love buying shit off morons.

If you try to post with no RAM you would get one long beep. That at least would show it was indeed the RAM causing the problem and the motherboard is working, but I doubt it's the memory.

buy a mac

looks like it's become a NPCcentre now

Not a bad fucking idea. That way if he tries to repair it himself, they'll she him it's a perfect way to keep him from fucking it up further. Then he can take it to the genius bar and they'll charge him retail price for the repair! This way he'll know he's getting quality repair and the insane repair cost will teach him to be more careful in the future and let daddy Apple install hardware for him like the toddler he is.

The absolute state of Apple cucks. Jesus... I weep for this world.

why the fuck do people do this

it's not even smart to max out the pci-e slot with something like a 1030/1050 because you know these things were designed only to be office boxes

the X16 slots are good for maybe a 10gbe card and an AIC SSD, not a full-load GPU