"Linux is free if you don't value your time"

"Linux is free if you don't value your time"

youtube.com/watch?v=6nGskPedj6s

based chink the destroyer of freetards

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5mJ_Qftw2_0
omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/10/on-gtk-themes-broken
youtube.com/watch?v=KuBI9lq80DM
youtube.com/watch?v=ghTwo5Kvbmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dual booting is fucking stupid anyway, just VM it.

why would you need a VM when microchads have cucked linux into a shed just for you

Attached: 1.png (1593x1060, 310K)

Attached: 1491505627296.jpg (1314x806, 162K)

on top of microsoft and oems jewing the boot sequence with uefi secureboot pretty much any computer worth using today can vm any guest in any host no worries.

dual booting is the shit choice now

>"Linux is free if you don't value your time"
you can use something like ubuntu or openSUSE, they're both some of the easiest Linux distrubitions to set up and use.

>GNU/WindowsNT actually arrived before GNU/Hurd
why haven't the Hurd devs been rounded up and shot yet?

>his entire argument is photoshop
What if I don't need that crap from my job? And neither do most "full-stack" developers. He's just a designer making shit up.

Attached: 1411234772775.gif (600x678, 1.2M)

do you know he worked as the TECH LEAD for GOOGLE? what companies have you worked for, huh? none? thought so

every
fucking
day
holy shit

bro he worked at google, clearly his opinions are superior and should affect your worldview and your entire way of living your life

bro what are you talking about he knows python, he's a hardcore coder

youtube.com/watch?v=5mJ_Qftw2_0

>Technical Lead of App Architecture & Core Features for the YouTube iOS app.
Pic related.

I work with embedded development, using mostly C and C++, latter preferred if I can.

Attached: 1365695534801.jpg (248x252, 70K)

>kike chinkberg lies about what he actually did
Yeah no one is buying that kid

>knows python
Guaranteed this guy wrote some hello world programs and thought he was some 1337 coder

Linux cukx BTFO

do you know he EARNED 400,000 US Dollars a YEAR? how much did you earn with your crummy C++ "job"? nothing? thought so

>cygwin was released 23 years ago.

Theres like no devs for Hurd as it is anyway, so theres nobody to shoot.

the youtube app has always been trash

Did you know Karlie Kloss EARNED 3,000,000 US Dollars a TEAR?

Looks like tech lead is here guys

Attached: 1538103450698m.jpg (732x1024, 52K)

Someone post the image of her not knowing how to switch directories

Linux always been the second tier option to windows for desktop usage... until microsoft came with Windows 10.
Anyone with half a brain will just move to linux when win7 be no longer an option.

>A TEAR
i cri evrytim.

there are, they just do drugs all the time and waste GNU/money. GNU even stopped giving funds and server space to them so they beg debian and other literal random people for serverspace. half of their download links and packages are broken, it's a wonder their git mirror is still functional. their troubleshooting and help pages are literal chatlogs from #HURD on freenode for fuck's sake. you can still go there and ask a question and it will get answered with "just downgrade a package bro lmao" "just use an older version bro lmao" "just use an older version bro lmao" you can go to the channel and see for yourself

t. tried to contribute to HURD during the linCOC aftermath

imagine being this butthurt

when that person with half a brain sees the absolute states of gnome3 and kde """plasma""" or whatever the fuck it is they'll immediately move back to windows

Every night some cuck shills this nonsense.

good, we don't need brainlets

Windows is the best OS the gentootards are just too autistic

Only brainlets use linux the is nothing mac OS or windows cant do that it can. If anything they do everything better and then some.

Windows 7 is the best OS.
Given how bad Windows 10 is, and given the fact it only gets worse and worse, by 2020 you probably won't have much of a choice.
Win7 will still be better than linux, but linux will be a shitton better than whatever horrifying thing Win10 will become.

I bet even clippy will be back.

>windows store
ain't nobody gonna use this shit over virtualbox

Plasma did nothing wrong

Attached: kde plasma.png (1600x900, 955K)

This is now a cock rate thread

Attached: 1539923524962.gif (480x270, 2.96M)

>cant install wsl without windows store
>rather use oracle shit
ok kid.

If it isn't fun for you, you shouldn't install any distribution of Linux. That guy is right.

not watching that retard is even a bigger time saver

uhhh buddy, gnome's retarded devs are actually removing features as we speak

omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/10/on-gtk-themes-broken

if windows 10 is evil by malice, then gnome and other freetard shit is evil by incompetence

Only retards are still using gnome there's a reason it died off ages ago

You're both wrong.

Windows:
>no decent package manager
>no FHS so $PATH and friends are useless
>crap scattered all over your drives with no standard configuration placement
>the registry is a complete clusterfuck and even MS thinks its a bad idea
>therefore installing libraries globally on Windows is a pain in the fucking ass
>development on said platform is ass-backwards unless you use Microsoft Approved Languages™
>if you for any reason ever need to compile something from source it's a massive pain in the ass when on linux it's literally just ./configure && make
>can't replace the window manager with a non-crap one
>can't even fucking rebind keys

OSX is not as awful, but still:
>no decent package manager, macports and homebrew don't sign packages nor distribute binary packages
>the directories under / have retarded names that only exist on OSX for no good reason
>locked down garbage that you can only run on highly specific hardware
>again can't replace the window manager for a non-crap one

>>no FHS so $PATH and friends are useless
This shits me off so much.

>>the directories under / have retarded names that only exist on OSX for no good reason
but muh POSIX compliance!

Osx is bugman garbage

>but muh POSIX compliance!
It's only a minor complaint.

why can't *nix nigger baboons not seem to understand that windows doesn't need package management, all the required "package management" can be done with a simple batch or powershell script

HAHAHAHAHA

Wow, are people this dumb? Yes, I can do """"package"""" """"management"""" with a bash script too, but it doesn't make it a decent package manager you tard.

Did he just say you can't make youtube videos with out Adobe Premier?

kys you squinty eyed chink fuck.

True, I should also state that posix compliance in OSX means jack shit anyway. OSX checking a box for compliance on top doing whatever the fuck Apple wants is dumb. I have no idea how people like that environment with Apple and their constant fucking over of users and devs .

based

this guy is fucking dumb

hurr durr i have $1000 computer not toaster, don't run loonix

Shilling the same shit daily is only free if you don't value your time.

Attached: 1484088501733.jpg (320x286, 29K)

Why are we supposed to give a shit what this idiot thinks? No one has any idea who this guy is, fuck off with your slide thread and promote your nigger tier jewtube channel somewhere else.

>he needs a fucking compatibility layer that's slow as shit to translate syscalls
You're anything but a chad. You're a little brown /v/irgin cuck who wishes he was a chad.

No one on this board is a chad

Disgusting.

ugly chink

I'm a Hunterchad.

For you. OwO

Attached: 5339251-1102319764-latest.jpg (960x554, 63K)

>package manager
PackageManagement, NuGet
>no FHS
everything outside of programfiles and system32 is irrelevant
>crap scattered all over your drives with no standard configuration placement
defrag.exe takes care of it most of the time
>registry
maybe the only valid complaint
>installing libraries globally on Windows is a pain in the fucking ass
every library and software package has an option to install globally since XP
>development on said platform is ass-backwards unless you use Microsoft Approved Languages™
nope, microsoft supports all commonly used languages directly in VS and even if it doesn't the most you have to do is to bundle an MSVC++ redist
>if you for any reason ever need to compile something from source it's a massive pain in the ass when on linux it's literally just ./configure && make
minGW-w64
>can't replace window manager
there are whole communities built around modding the explorer.exe binary and hacking it or just deleting and replacing it with something else
>can;t even rebind keys
autohotkey

I don't give a shit about fagOS, but windows is fine except for the spyware. you freetards exaggerate shit too much

I tried using Linux for awhile but the lack of support led me to switching to MacOS. I still use Linux for more backend stuff but when it comes to anything else I find that it lacks support even for menial things such as supporting different scaling options for two monitors.

Attached: 1539129867446.png (1030x827, 124K)

>ITT freetards that are mad their FOSS friends cant make a god tier system like windows

if I delete that anime photo will it hurt?

>PackageManagement, NuGet
I said DECENT, not bottom of the barrel trash.

>everything outside of programfiles and system32 is irrelevant
But that's the problem I'm having with it, you moron. It shouldn't be.

>defrag.exe takes care of it most of the time
What... that's not what I am saying at all. Holy shit.

>maybe the only valid complaint
No, ALL of those are valid. You just showed yourself to be completely retarded by thinking I was talking about disk fragmentation.

>every library and software package has an option to install globally since XP
Now you're misunderstanding what I mean when I say "globally" as well. You think I'm talking about users, don't you?

>nope, microsoft supports all commonly used languages directly in VS
That's bullshit. Full Visual Studio does not at all support Python, for example. Visual Studio just supports the enterprise languages out of the box. No more. Everything else requires a long-winded setup process that is a total waste of time, that on Linux is extremely short because all I need for python is python and pip from the package manager.

VS Code is just a fancy text editor, and doesn't set up any kind of environment for you, so don't give me that garbage either. The fact is, on Linux, even the most irrelevant language like Haskell is piss-easy to setup and use, and it's also easy as fuck to manage language libraries on Linux. On Windows that's a complicated setup process that needs to be repeated for ALL languages.

>and even if it doesn't the most you have to do is to bundle an MSVC++ redist
I'm not talking about shipping the software itself you dumbass, I'm talking about setting up the environment to develop with a language in the first place. Packaging your software isn't hard on Linux either.

>minGW-w64
Or you could just have Linux and not have to fucking install shitty Windows ports that have to setup an entire fake *nix environment, and everything would work much better and it'd be there out of the box.

>there are whole communities built around modding the explorer.exe binary and hacking it or just deleting and replacing it with something else
explorer.exe isn't even the window manager. Are you legitimately retarded? That's dwm.exe.

>autohotkey
Not a replacement. Another shitty hack that Wintoddlers have to use because their OS is trash.

All of your arguments could be compared to when Linux people insist on "just use it in wine bro" disregarding that it's a shitty hack and a workaround that wastes insurmountable amount of time. Just admit it, Windows has disadvantages too.

well then stick to sniffing glue and using your stinky cobbled together NEETmade joke OS while us winchads get all the bitches and make all the money loool

>this thread again
Meanwhile, my Glorious single-boot Gentoo host with a Windows VM with GPU passthrough murders any system this chink has ever used in respect to performance, security and software selection.
Also, he worked at G*ogle, so take everything he says with a grain of salt.

>haskell
>irrelevant

xeon macs are faster better and more reliable than any PooCee, nerd

Visual Studio 2017 supports Python

I see, I didn't know that actually. Thanks user

SEETHING

Attached: intel.jpg (691x771, 64K)

>Linux is free if you don't value your time
Very true for me. I managed to distrohop ubuntu>puppy>lubuntu in a week. The first one was slow and buggy, the second one would be good if it was possible to install any third party software without a hassle, the third one is meh ( 'awesome' in linux terms). Installing basi shit like vivaldi and teamviewer still required some workarounds.
I honestly regret I didn't waste all this time on fapping instead.

t. ayymdrone mad that apple didn't pick his shitty chinkshit processor for the patrician computer

>>if you for any reason ever need to compile something from source it's a massive pain in the ass when on linux it's literally just ./configure && make
>minGW-w64

MinGW is a port of GCC though. Trying to work on M$ Losedows with Python is a walk through hell, and it's one of the most used languages! Whereas if someone wants to use some new or niche stuff like Rust, Haskal, or any Lisp, then I can only say: "good luck, you will need plenty of it".

Recently those lazy fuckers ripped off WINE on their legacy Operating Shitstain, and using Windows Subsystem GNU makes stuff kinda bearable. It's still clunky and slow as shit when compared to native Linux+GNU+Xorg+

>>development on said platform is ass-backwards unless you use Microsoft Approved Languages™
>nope, microsoft supports all commonly used languages directly in VS and even if it doesn't the most you have to do is to bundle an MSVC++ redist

AAAH, THANK YOU DADDY MICROSHOFT FOR LETTING ME CODE IN ONE OF THE COMMONLY USED LANGUAGES.

Trying to use anything other than the approved languages is a massive bitch. And programming with anything other than a pre-made IDE on Losedows is walking the gauntlet.

Note that I just learned there is some way to install this Python in their Microshit Vile Crap IDE.

>>can;t even rebind keys
>autohotkey

Customizing a keyboard layout on Downdows® requires downloading some other proprietary .exe from M$'s website. (On Linux+GNU+Xorg, it's only slightly less awkward - there isn't any need to download external programs, though the syntax for config is weird at first)

>"just use it in wine bro" disregarding that it's a shitty hack

wine is a shitty hack, and yet it often makes (mostly old) stuff work better than on the "original" OS.

>Linux is free if you don't value your time
Perfectly put desu. I have zero interest in taking up "Getting my PC to just fucking work" as a new hobby on top of all the stuff I already want to do. If anything I'm trying to move to a LESS computer centric lifestyle, and Linux is just the worst possible choice I could make with that goal in mind.

Attached: you're the best.gif (300x225, 1.04M)

This.

Attached: 1539824709247.png (179x281, 7K)

no it doesn't

>just fork() my shit up

So is Windows now, since the stock-standard response to any Win10 issues is to reinstall and the OS breaks itself weekly.
3 years after release and the start menu still randomly craps out requiring a full reinstall (no way to properly fix metro apps breakage - even the powershell script will fail 50% of the time)

MacOS is missing features and only runs on poor hardware.
*BSD is missing features

Linux and Windows, despite being major timesinks, are still the best around.

>windows 10 installed
>Arch installed
>MacOS Mojave installed
>TempleOS on VM

I use MacOS 99% of the time. To each their own but I just prefer it.

Attached: satedspike.gif (540x420, 481K)

-x Vladdy

you shouldn't dual boot because windows will constantly fuck up the linux partition, the systems should be physically separated, not just logically

>TempleOS on VM
Based and redpilled

How? It can't even read ext4 natively.

Attached: nice driver support commie.jpg (580x346, 107K)

I always laugh whenever wintoddlers accuse Linix if not having drivers, when it has a shitload more.

I wrapped my linux partition in aluminum foil to avoid it

Lmao

Linux is a kernel, it has shit for drivers.

What is the name of this snowclone? I've been wondering for years and I've never been able to find out.

>says "linux is a kernel" to look smart
>ignores the kernel itself has a shitload of drivers
>proves he can't into compiling his own kernel
Get a load of this retard.

Attached: fuckingretard.png (1366x768, 195K)

You are legitimately retarded. Linux is a MONOLITHIC kernel, and maintains thousands of drivers upstream.

The video boiled down!

1: Dualbooting means you have to backup your files twice and updating two OS:es that will take a lot of time.

2: Havent used linux on a client, and does not even know people who does it since he is in the Macfac valley bubble.

3: Only servers he knows about: Web and webdev

4: cant run Adobe = Linux has bad software support

5: being a Youtube creator requires Adobe Premier

6: Linux is not a good idea to show people who are exploring their possibilities in the job market since no one uses Linux with a GUI

7: Linux does not have support for Gdrive or Dropbox therefore you cant use it for work!

8: It cant use Xcode therefore you cant make mobile apps on it!

9: The only thing Linux is good for is backend development AKA Pythonscripts C++ and Databases

10: Over all Linux is limiting you since the most important program is Photoshop

11: The only reason to use Linux is because you dont want to pay for hardware or software.

Attached: 1537297510800.png (713x809, 81K)

“nice x faggot”

thanks user u just saved me 5 mins

Attached: 1419423207014.png (297x203, 2K)

I thought Google and Youtube had better client management than this...
according to this guy they dont have:
Central backup management
Network installing of OS:es
Local update-server or Repositories
Any one knowing about Linux and the way it can be used as a client.

Isnt Google using their own Ubuntu clone?
and the dumb thing about all this is that alot of the problems (except the Adobe stuff) is easier to manage on
a bigger scale than mac for instance. No one can touch Windows on that but still Linux is quite nice.

Is silicon valley really end users/full stack devs with no connectivity except slack and sneaker networks?
That is like having car factory run by the painters...

Trigger warning!
Massive rant incoming

What is wrong with this guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=KuBI9lq80DM
No external monitor AKA bad laptop neck pains.
Just plunking his dumb apple keyboard on top of the shitty one on the laptop instead of getting a laptop with a good keyboard. and he runns a program that turns of his keyboard... that means that there are so many people doing this that
the need for a program exists! This is the problem with Mac users! How is it that they cant see the beam in their own eye?
If a windows user would have told a mac user that he runs a laptop from a company that
A: hates him and all users since they dont want you to repair, customize, resell, upgrade, install third party stuff and use other than their peripherals
B: costs alot more than otther competitors for a computer that sure looks good but is just shit in a shiny box
C: is run by a company that sees it as "their thing" to keep consumers in the dark and then just throw them out (see apples million port standard changes through out their product line)
D: tries to convey itself as a "out of the box" experience but in fact requires a setup time that is often longer than any other OS! the example he uses is perfect! A program that disables the keyboard...

is this starbucks hipster ass dev station for real?
Havent anyone told him to hes an idiot... or does the "former tech lead" title make people scared of doing that?

Attached: 1538260686174.jpg (601x352, 12K)

except for this video where he tells us about why the selling point of the mac is the terminal since all devs "lives" in it!
youtube.com/watch?v=ghTwo5Kvbmo

why are valleyfags so fucking deluded