Stories about "idea guys" and other fakers

>be CSE student
>love tinkering with electronics and embedded as well because raised in a household full of electrical engineers
>join electronics club at univ
>the electrical and electronics engineering guys always work on amazing stuff, very interesting
>fit right in with the electronics guys
>there are a few fellow CSE guys in the club as well
>they don't do anything, just play around with arduino and stuff, nobody minds because they don't bother anyone
>there's this one fagget who doesn't do anything
>roams about the club asking everyone what they're doing and bug people to teach him stuff, but starts checking his facebook if someone actually tries to teach him anything
>can't even program anything worth shit, but still goes to hackathlons and conferences for some reason
>literally only comes to club to socialize and bug others, borderline tolerable
>professors often come to clubs to see what students are doing
>whenever a professor comes in, he starts acting like he's doing a lot of work and starts acting cocky as if he's the only guy who knows anything
>one time a professor comes in, and this guy goes and stands in front of some telecommunication guys' (who have gone somewhere) project and pretends to work
>naturally professor thinks its his project and asks him what he's doing
>he is able to tell what the project does because he keeps asking everyone what they're doing
>professor tells him he's doing a great job and he'll recommend him for something
>anytime anyone from management visits, this guy keeps answering questions and acting dominant and shit

Man i hate people like this
You guys have any other tech related stories with these kind of people

Attached: 1445185112343.gif (500x352, 563K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_in_the_workplace
independent.ie/life/family/learning/death-of-the-comma-the-punctuation-mark-is-dying-out-says-us-professor-29996076.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nice blog, how do I unsubscribe?

I think you should kys yourself.

Idea guys detected
Go get someone to work on your facebook clone but only for gay people

>can't even program anything worth shit, but still goes to hackathlons and conferences for some reason
This is me

how?

The guy in your story is a Grade-A psychopath.

I used to have a friend to who didn't do well academically, but I respected him. I never focused on his negative qualities. However, I eventually learned how shitty of a person he was. He was extremely insecure. One time, he got mad when he saw me touch-type because he couldn't do it himself. He would often make jokes about me. If I didn't like those jokes, he would say I didn't get his "sarcasm". I helped him do some soldering for some component for his PS2 once. When his PS2 stopped working, he blamed it on me, even though I only soldered some wires on a small circuit that wasn't even part of the PS2 and had warned him of possible heat damage. He completely overlooked the fact that I was the only person in the small electronics class (which he was part of) in my HS who assembled the robot kits successfully. It got worst when he likened himself to a leader (fan of Steve Jobs) and started giving me advice on stuff he knew nothing about, including programming and woodworking. He was so full of himself!

Nice blog my man

Wew lad

Sounds like a future project manager desu senpai

you aren't going to let this continue, are you?
jesus christ, grow a spine and beat that asshole up

This person will most likely be the same guy who later on has a plethora of Linkedin positions since for each job he takes, he will probably only stick around for 6-12 months.

This is partly because, if he is how you describe him to be, he's most likely a narcissist and narcs do this shit.

Secondly, people will realise his BS or/and he'll move up in the office hierarchy quickly, fulfilling his narc requirements of social dominance.

Just focus on yourself and create something of value, not a smokescreen like what he's trying to create. It'll be much better in the long run.

Attached: 1513050150093.jpg (632x600, 90K)

>tfw he will be your boss years down the road, making 2x as much money

Attached: 4kultra.jpg (3840x2160, 411K)

>Sounds like a future project manager desu senpai
I know a project manager who fits this description to the T :^)

Yeah no, all these fakers can do alright in life but coworkers WILL catch on to their shit
There was a woman at my old job who knew nothing about the job and survived only by throwing buzzwords around and having "people" skills. Eventually she was given a new project in which she failed hard because she obviously did not have the skills needed and was sacked

He can transition to a management position where technical skills are not required, but taking credit for the work of others is advantageous and bullying underlings into submission and lower wages, is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_in_the_workplace
>According to Dutton, the ten careers that have the highest proportion of psychopaths are:[17]

CEO
Lawyer
Media (TV/radio)
Salesperson
Surgeon
Journalist
Police officer
Clergy
Chef
Civil servant

And nobody even asked the IdeaGuy some basic question to humiliate him for his lack of knowledge?

Damn, your club has is comprised of pathetic weaklings.

This

Actually i do that all the time now
I used to refrain from doing that before because its kind of mean, no point in making unnecessary enemies, but i enjoy doing it now with my friends now that we know how big of a piece of shit he is
Shitty people deserve shitty treatment, its really fun to ask him technical questions in front of professors that he tries to brush off. If pushed, he spews random bullshit that makes no sense, an absolute joy to hear his ramblings

You can put software architect in there as well. They pretend everything is alright despite knowing full well of the problems and keeping everyone in the dark. When they quit the company for better opportunities, they leave a huge mess behind while taking a lion's share of the credit for developing the software.

I just walked away from a business opportunity because the project has been overtaken by a psychopath shortly before I almost joined. If they want me back, I won't lift a finger without bulletproof contracts drafted by my lawyer. That's generally a good idea anyway.

Intriguing. I wonder if there is a similar list for autism in the workplace. There is supposedly a lot of autism among patent attorneys, which is a very different group from lawyers.

t. Patent attorney

>Man i hate people like this

I don't understand, are you jealous of his social skills or the fact that he is trying to rise quicker because he doesn't want to fuck his brains like you always will along with other nolifers in your small fagget club?

>!
I have already accepted you newfriends are going to be here forever, like how the newfriends of old always have, but please fucking lurk more and adhere to standards.
First point: stop fucking using exclamation points. Only literal boomers (not the 30 year old ones) and literal underaged faggots use exclamation points.
USE
FUCKING
CAPS

The widespread disregard for the vocative comma is a much worse problem. Examples:
>Nice blog my man
Correct: "Nice blog, my man."
>Wew lad
Correct: "Wew, lad."

Who's this whore?

>, he would say I didn't get his "sarcasm".

heard that one before and now i consider the following: is there any value to the "sarcastic" comment, some art to it, an insight, does it playfully defend an interesting set of values and views on things that have some depth... if not it might just be a bitch comment, and the person who said it is not a sarcastic person but just a bitch.

not your private blog

Thats fucking fine. The disuse of the exclamation point had been in place since the BBS era

sarcasm is the refuge of the shallow mind

Glad a Jow Forums expert finally showed up to tell us how to write properly! Oops, i used one, sorry oh wise one, please dont call me a boomer.

You're describing Chad

>It got worst when he likened himself to a leader (fan of Steve Jobs)
Steve was literally like this so I guess he's not far off

unironically this, and no, it's not boomers who use exclamation marks, it's actually underage/ERP/roleplayers or super autists who use exclamation marks

actual boomers type like this: "you are kidding me....what is this meant to do..."

I think you're looking too hard into things that aren't important, user. If the disdain for boomers/autists/roleplayers is so strong that exclamation marks wind you up, you need to go out and get some fresh air.

why are you projecting your autism and lack of social life unto me?

Can't tell if meta-meta-meta-shitposting or serious

Attached: 1510620507185.jpg (462x810, 131K)

Define "idea guys".

I'm not the one raging over exclamation marks

Nah, Chad comes and takes what he wants whether you like it or not.

Yeah you are, you can't accept the fact that people associate underage faggots, spastics and weirdos with unnecessary exclamation marks.

Sad!

No i accept it, but i also find it funny (and kinda sad)

who is this mattress actress? no google results

>USE
>FUCKING
>CAPS
THANK YOU user! I WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE!

I like them

sarcasm is often bitchy because in the current social climate sort of teaches people to be self-absorbed and detached at a very fundamental level. You can sort of see the same thing in modern day comedians vs old timers like Fred Allen, or even Norm MacDonald. Most young cunts will get to the punchline and almost imperceptibly sort of "wait for praise" if you know what I mean. It's this very slight sort of 'we all know I'm being ironic so just get to worshipping me' tinge to their delivery. pseduo-ironic deadpan facetiousness is where it's at. Or sincerity.

Except that psychopathy is not synonymous with being retarded. You really think a bunch of morons would make it as CEOs, lawyers or surgeons?

Also, medical school will probably turn you into a psychopath if you aren't one.

Akane Tsunemori from Psycho Pass.
Pretty sure this scene is from season 2 which is not very good.

It's not hard. Go pick a project from one of the "roll to pick a project" threads and work on it.

You're upset because this person is succeeding by networking without having any technical skills.
On the bright side, you have technical skills. Work on your interpersonal skills and surpass this idiot.

I hate people like him because they're lazy fucks that drown as soon as they have to swim on their own. But I really, really hate spineless fucks like you OP. The obsequious bent-necks of the world who enable fags like him to walk all over you. Look how mad you are and look at how you STILL couldn't advocate for yourself, even when he's blatantly profiting from plagiarizing your fellows' work. Fuck him, and fuck you.

I think we found the guy

>an absolute joy to hear his ramblings
Now I wanna hear the kind of bullshit he says

faker's teammates shat the bed really hard this season, hope they all get fired next season. he doesn't deserve this

Attached: 1.jpg (300x238, 9K)

If the sarcastic comments are directed against other people most of the time, then there's no value except for person making the comments because they're just using it to put other people down and feel better about themselves. This is especially true if they can't handle similar comments against them.

>be submissive virgin code monkey
>never call "ideas" Chad out in front of superiors so they know how useless he actually is
>reeeee on the internet when he becomes successful and you're still a code monkey
wew

Nigger!

>USE
>FUCKING
>CAPS

I rarely see people use all caps online. Only reason I see why people are against punctuation marks is because they're more difficult to type on a smartphone and disrupts the flow.

What else do you expect from a bunch of autistic nerds who just want to get along and work on stuff?

Exclamation points make things sound so cute

IdeaGuy:
>has shitty ideas
>looks for tech people to do all the work for them
>intends to take at least 50% of the credit
>ideas are worthless anyway and ends up pitching shitty ideas during the entire duration of their twenties

That quote is the refuge of a brainlet too dumb for sarcasm!

Don't be a pussy, hack his facebook and post about his incompetence.

Amanda Elisee Lee

All you have to do after him showing off to a professor using your project is to say:
>yeah, this weirdo pretends to do shit but everyone here knows he does nothing. Ask him something technical, he won't have a good answer. Anyway this is my project, and he has nothing to do with it.

Wow, so hard.

>this guy does this so regularly that everyone knows him and no one has stopped him

Attached: hmm.jpg (200x211, 6K)

>You should kill yourself yourself

Attached: 1yxdxm.jpg (1190x579, 90K)

+1

>Can't tell if meta-meta-meta-shitposting or serious
independent.ie/life/family/learning/death-of-the-comma-the-punctuation-mark-is-dying-out-says-us-professor-29996076.html
Ironically, the headline of this article is missing a comma.

Get a job you nonentity.

tldr?