/spg/ - Smartphone General

iPhone XR Preorder Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: iphone-xr-select-static-201809_GEO_EMEA.jpg (756x472, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Refurbished-LG-V30-V300-L-S-K-64GB-128GB-Excellent-Quality-Black-Smartphone/132824269482?hash=item1eecf182aa:m:mQjmEwAP7Z0MYXKCQ9w-E7Q:rk:1:pf:0
sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/october_superdeal.htm
pages.ebay.co.uk/coupons/2018/pumpkins.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm looking at getting a new phone.
Considering a Pixel 3 XL which is ~88 aud a month on a plan.
Will be upgrading from an Oppo r9.

ok

Is there a reliable list of best phones at certain price points?

Is the XR supposed to be the spiritual successor of the iPhone SE?

No

the xz1c is the spiritual successor

No. SE launch price was $399, XR is nearly double that at $749. There has been rumours of a SE2 launching next year.

I'm really thinking about biting the bullet on the XR since my 6 is old af but I don't ever feel comfortable dropping $800 on a phone.

Should i buy the redmeme note 6? (Don't care about the notch and it's the same price as 5 here)

Why does every phone have a notch these days? they're so ugly

So i can get a refurbished LG V30 for $320 aussie dollarydoos (like $230 US), but its fom chinkland, chances its just a brick with LG written on it? Though the store seems legit and says you get 6 month warranty.
For reference a near new OG pixel 128gb model is $315. a good/great condition S7 is $300ish or a redmeme note 5 or 6 is like $300

ad here for anyone willing to look and see - ebay.com.au/itm/Refurbished-LG-V30-V300-L-S-K-64GB-128GB-Excellent-Quality-Black-Smartphone/132824269482?hash=item1eecf182aa:m:mQjmEwAP7Z0MYXKCQ9w-E7Q:rk:1:pf:0

Or also a brand new LG v20 is $260

>Pixel 3 XL
disgusting
get the non-XL

What do you guys reckon is going to be the price of the Mi Mix 3?

Do you think is going to be available in Europoor shortly after the announcement?

500ish
Probably

Random phone shit on sale

Attached: 1.png (874x333, 221K)

forgot - sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/october_superdeal.htm

XR is a disgusting phone

I really want to see the "Liquid Retina" display for myself.

Comparing my Xs Max to an 8, there isn't really a major difference despite the Xs Max's "OLED HDR" display.

retards copying even more retarded apple

>pixel 3xl arrives
Looks and feels so good

Attached: 18767951_466722083676072_438027896968798856_n.jpg (500x492, 15K)

>install blokada
>one specific site keeps getting blocked everytime I manipulate an app
How do I get rid of that site reeeee
Where's it even coming from

it looks fucking disgusting

ive seen gore videos better looking than that fucking stupid retarded notch

Recommend me a sub $200 android phone whose camera is a step up from the iPhone 6; stock android if possible.

would yall consider the xz1 full size to be a one handed phone
please don't say "depends how big your hand is"

I can attest to this...I have mine and I can't stand it...going to see if I can exchange it in for the regular Pixel 3.

Attached: qdrv3rwuveg01.jpg (1080x1350, 367K)

what the fuck is this...

Attached: pixel-3-xl_660_101018093655.jpg (660x450, 19K)

“Liquid Retina” is just Applespeak for LCD.

>t. letting the chinks that manufacture your phone also design it

It's probable there will be multiple versions of the phone with different memory configurations. Base model could start at 450.

It is but I think their LCD tech has come a long way.

My iPad Pro looks just fine next to my iPhone Xs Max. Just because it's LCD doesn't mean it has to have a shitty display.

Pocomeme is best phone of 2018 right

Are the touch issues on the pocomeme super widespread? I'm considering buying one but I play chink rhythm games so I'm not sure if it will be worth it.

>what are whitelists
Redmi Note 5 (636) with Gcam.

The touch issue isn't a big deal for normal usage but yeah it seems every phone has it and it's not fixed by custom roms (I'm on los16 and it's still there) so if you play games that require tapping near the edge of the screen with precise timing it will affect you

I didn't know you could go splitscreen and multitask on android. Figured this out JUST NOW and my mind is blown

Attached: Screenshot_20181019-045404_Clover.jpg (2960x1440, 1003K)

there are no touch issues, it appears to be just the shitty app that pajeet used to test it crapping itself

Attached: Screenrecorder-2018-10-04-18-56-59-980.webm (1122x540, 2.87M)

I don't want to whitelist it, I want to make it disappear. To kill it.

Do you guys think the mi 8 lite is any good?
It seems to be a more powerful redmi note 6 but with different colors/design and without headphone jack.

what exactly does this webm prove
did you even watch the original video? there's latency near the edge, if you tap slowly like that of course it's not noticeable

that it doesn't activate the drum shit despite the touch registering if you sperg out and hit to many at the same time. I've had show pointer position on for a week or so and haven't gotten it to not notice a touch a single time

Returned my POCO today due to touch issue. Fucking trash, couldn't even type properly.
There's video on poco subreddit but I won't link it because Jow Forums can't know I browse it.

Looking for any replacement (not honor/huawei cos i hate emui)

Attached: notip.jpg (460x345, 69K)

Mi8

And the fact that you fucks here actually spent hard earned dabloons on this shit? You all are fueling the worst habits of the tech industry. You let shit like this slide because "CaMeRa aND StOCk AnDroID" while not thinking that stock android is getting more and more bloated each year, shit like MIUI and touchwiz is getting less and less shitty each year, and that the previous pixel devices have comparable if not outright better (in terms of price) cameras.

I used this feature a lot during the World Cup football this year.

>Returned my POCO today due to touch issue. Fucking trash, couldn't even type properly.
Are you from India or somewhere nearby? There was a batch with display problems widespread in India specifically. Your device may have been shipped from a storage there.

nope, Global EU (6/64 black)

once again, you're misunderstanding the issue. maybe the app is shit yeah but that's not the point.

it's not that it has trouble detecting multiple touches, it's latency. if you tap near the edge there's a slight delay before it detects it compared to tapping closer to the center. this CAN cause touches to not get registered if you touch really fast.

with show pointer position enabled, try tapping repeatedly and very fast with only one finger on the center, then the edge. you will see what I'm talking about.

You could land a plane on it.

That's odd. Either get a replacement or the Mi 8 128 GB. It already has custom ROMs available and it's fairly priced.

I have a global one too and it also has the issue.
At this point I'm pretty sure all pocos have it and most people simply don't notice, because it is pretty minor (doubt I would've noticed myself if it wasn't for the video)

Don't notice any difference with that either

If you really don't, maybe yours has less latency?
I'll post a webm of mine when I get home

If you look at it not as a more powerful RN6 but an uglier Mi A2, it doesn't seem like such a good buy.

You can always try touch calibration software from the Play store. One question - how's the LCD in low lighting?

I had another odd behavior: when I tapped and held (without sliding a single pixel) - touch would not be recognized until I started sliding. Then it started "catching up" to current location over some distance.

Short taps would only appear for fraction of a second.

Long taps would not be recognized at all.

This was true for everything (even at system level) because with developer options touch location enabled it would be delayed.

>I had another odd behavior: when I tapped and held (without sliding a single pixel) - touch would not be recognized until I started sliding
Just tested and I have this too, if I long tap on the very edge it doesn't register.

Get 10% off everything on eBay UK and Ireland with the coupon PUMPKINS. Ends at 8PM today. Minimum spend £20, maximum discount capped at £50.
>This offer is open to eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie registered users, who must be UK or Ireland residents of 18 years of age or older.
Full terms and conditions:
pages.ebay.co.uk/coupons/2018/pumpkins.html

That's not gonna be useful without an external cam, is it?

You'll see what I mean when I post it

People are actually considering this abomination? You get a 200$ phone for 800 if you buy that POS. Hell, there are 200% phones I would rather have.
>sub 1080p display: you literally can't watch 1080p video
>single lens garbage camera that would have been good in 2015

Buy a real flagship. You can afford it with that money.

>watching tyler1
sad

>not watching t1
?

Does Samsung phones drop prices the same way LG phones does? I really like the Note9 but I can't justify spending that much money on it. I'm currently using a LG G6, Wich is good but the battery is kind of a let down so I'm looking already for a replacement. What other phone would Jow Forums recommend that has amazing battery life and screen?

Are you 12?

Are you 30?

No

Is the current MIUI good enough not to be replaced by custom ROMS?

I only watch ice posiedon :^)

I'm quite certain that's worse

Just go to .
When OEM firmwares become open source, then they'll be on the right track.

fuck off gramps lol, just cause I think T1 is funny doesn't mean I can't talk about phones

he's literally the only live streamer worth watching

You obviously haven't heard of Trick2G

They’re OEM panels from LG.

Don’t kid yourself.

Honor 8x or iPhone SE?

Who Mi A2 Lite here? Is the stock android launcher open source? I'd like to rice mine without installing some third party bullshit.

Attached: Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A2-Lite-5-84-Inch-4GB-64GB-Smartphone-Gold-691709-[1].jpg (1000x1000, 51K)

>notch
>still has the hueg chin

what’s the point of the notch even

Thanks, my dudes. Unfortunately, the tap targets for the rhythm game I play are near the edges so I guess poco is out of the question. Does anyone have any experience with Mi A2 or Note 5 with SD636? Those are my only other options aside from poco.

Budget 200~400€
Current phone LG V20
Any size
preferred features: no notch, high screen to body ratio, custom roms, good camera

best options?

somebody in one of these threads said not to install the twrp app
why?

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2/2S
Xiaomi Mi 8
New Other/Refurb condition LG V30, but the ROM community is just catching on

shit forgot to add: headphone jack

thanks i will look into it

Here you go
Pay attention to the lines

Attached: pocophone bug.webm (1080x2000, 946K)

woah
thats not nice, hope they get their shit sorted out when they FINALLY FUCKING LAUNCH THE LATAM VERSION

>shit forgot to add: headphone jack
outside of the V30 and Redmi Note 5, you better forget about that if you want high screen to body ratio

>flagship killer

Attached: 1534645053074.jpg (690x720, 77K)

>S10 has no notch
Based gooks

Based on what?

satania a slut

>Want to buy the pocomeme
>Ew Notch
>Buy it anyways
>Hide Notch

Fucking perfect.

>gookfags think this looks better than notchmeme

Attached: wXwm67kVzhsUbcLzz6wQAD-1440-80.jpg (1440x624, 105K)

ok

LG V35 brand new goes for $450 on eBay, that's a nice price.
But the camera isn't that good.
Or Exynos S8/S9.

iPhone SE or Honor 8x?

Teardrop is the undisputed winner.

GCam my boy

>tiny screen iToddler device vs fuck hueg EMUI shit device
tough call

apple did it so everyone else has to follow the notch meme