Attached: god.jpg (1600x1067, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
fbi.gov
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

t.newfag

>pay toilets
Weren't those banned in the 90's?

i love RMS, just tell me, how to monetize (read: make a living) by coding free software? He says its fine to charge for it, but what stops the first buyer to freely distribute it since GPL allows it?
>inb4 redhat
im talking a freelence developer

Nothing stops, and it does not matter for you. You was hired and paid for the work, not for selling digital copies.

stop the employee mindset
think of selfemployed programmer, how can i personally sell free software and make a living?

No, let them spy on me and let their eyes burn for doing so.

Not is Australia at least

*in

>people still use skyke when icanblink.com exists

Stop the "sell software" mindset. You can sell your skills using free software, create paid services using free software, etc. Software can not be selled itself.

>pay toilets bad
jezus... this is what happens when you spend your life in a fucking bubble...
>inb4 there is open-source-toilet-cleaning-people that go around and clean random toilets

literally this. all software should be free and respect the rights of the user.

the world would be a better place if we would move away from proprietary, non-free software.

Attached: 1481812837981.jpg (500x682, 108K)

Just keep updating and bugfixing your software. Most normals can't really read source code, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Also, use physical media to distribute.

I'm a pirate and I use illegally modified proprietary software
checkmate GNUtists

Attached: 09c5e7ca07b55f0fd28a47cefc35c73a.jpg (479x628, 73K)

good, good minion

Attached: a88.png (500x514, 61K)

>pay toilets bad
I'd honestly like to see one of these. I wouldn't mind paying knowing it was well-maintained and never crowded. If being free means waiting in a long lines and finally getting to use one covered in piss and shit, I'll gladly pay a little more.

free software can be spyware too
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html

In my country there are paid toilets in bus stations and such. There are lines sometimes, but they are bloody clean and well maintained. Normally it is like 0.5evro

Are you aware who are the people that can afford having others clean their toilets and provide the services to everyone for free?
Because I can guarantee you it's not small businesses

What employee mindset? You just have to change your mind. What you have to say is: >Pay me to code THAT SPECIFIC software that YOU WANT.

If there is only one person: Ask for the money that you want to make. If there are more than one: Make each one pay equally. Else: donation.

Asking for copies of the thing that you have already done is stupid. It is a mindset that simple does not work in the modern world anymore. It does not matter if you like that or not, it DOES NOT work that way anymore.

Other alternatives:
a) Do not update or patch the software until someone pays you.
b) make a license that says that it will be foss after $DATE. should be possible.

just make shure to not beg for money for the copies of the software. ask for money for the hours you spent.

Well like the gnu ada compiler which is commercial software. They sell support contracts. There are lots of ways to earn money on it just be an entrepreneurâ„¢

What's a good alternative to discord thats easy for normies to use? I hate it but I do admit, people that aren't good with tech can use it very easily.

Matrix?

riot.im is using matrix and is very similar to discord in looks

Stop molesting children.
fbi.gov

*yawn* okay wheres my visual studio?