Linux SUCKS. Why? Because:

Linux SUCKS. Why? Because:

1)Command lines/Lack of GUI's

Why the fvck would I want to use a command line? I have a modern computer, capable of displaying color and icons. Why should their be a command line? And further, why doesn't everything have a gui? Gui's are good, and easy, and don't require me to learn commands. Yey for Gui's.

2)Root/sudo is stupid.

Why on earth should I have to deal with either using sudo or running as root to actually use my programs? I still can't get a lot of programs to run because they keep whining about permissions. What ever happened to good old admin accounts? Why does sudo break everything?

3)Apt-get

Now this is just plane stupid. Why is it so damn hard to install anything? I have a desktop, why not do it the way it should be done? I get the installer icon, click on it, press forward a few times, wait, and have a nice icon on my desktop. Why isn't it done this way?

4)Compiling

Again, stupid. Just give me a fvcking installer program. None of this compiling sh1t.

Come on Linux. The rest of the world has moved beyond 1990. It's time for you to do so also. I'm giving up and installing windows.

Attached: 1539967692524.jpg (3476x2048, 397K)

>Why the fvck
>sh1t

Attached: 1517021410730.gif (413x243, 51K)

ebin bread

>fvck
>should their
>Yey for Gui's.
>good old admin accounts
>Apt-get
>plane stupid
>installer icon
>press forward a few times
>fvcking
>compiling sh1t.
>1990

is it h4xX0r thread?

Low quality bait

Nice b8 m8 I r8 8/8
Now kys

Unironically this.

Attached: smug beatr.jpg (747x615, 42K)

When will mods ban console and OS war threads? It would improve this entire website tenfold

Shit bait. Theres no faster interface than the command line

Why you're blaming kernel, if problem is in the user space?

Attached: 1538446020392.jpg (1024x768, 218K)

WAHOO DING DING DING WAHOO

>Why the fvck would I want to use a command line?
They're faster, period.
>Root/sudo is stupid.
Figures a Windows user would complain about security. For the record, root IS the admin account. But you shouldn't run everything as root, for the same reason you shouldn't run everything as admin on Windows. It's a MAJOR security risk.
>why not do it the way it should be done
Installer wizards aren't "the way it should be done". You just think that because of your baby duck syndrome. You grew up with Windows, so you think that anything that works differently to it must automatically be worse.
>Again, stupid. Just give me a fvcking installer program. None of this compiling sh1t.
I can't even remember the last time I had to compile something on GNU/Linux. pretty much everything is in the repos or available as a .deb or .rpm package.
>The rest of the world has moved beyond 1990. It's time for you to do so also.
Funny that you say that. Windows has had this .exe shit for how long now? And currently they're pushing the idea of an app store with Windows 10. It's kinda like a Package manager! ...except really shitty compared to what *nix users have had for a while.

I don't have any hesitations agreeing to everything op has said. It is true. Simple as that.

Attached: 3b0006d56305c4a83ac6cca0b731fe23.jpg (1961x1473, 244K)

Technically speaking, root is the Windows SYSTEM account.

Lul

Linux is a kernel. apt-get is a program for Debian-like distributions. You are clearly a dunderhead, and don't belong here.

nvmd i just realized they're baiting maybe i'm the slow one

>1)Command lines/Lack of GUI's
Granted, I hate this as well.

>2)Root/sudo is stupid.
>Why on earth should I have to deal with either using sudo or running as root to actually use my programs? I still can't get a lot of programs to run because they keep whining about permissions. What ever happened to good old admin accounts? Why does sudo break everything?
Since when does sudo break anything? Sudo is just running things in admin.

>3)Apt-get
>Now this is just plane stupid. Why is it so damn hard to install anything? I have a desktop, why not do it the way it should be done? I get the installer icon, click on it, press forward a few times, wait, and have a nice icon on my desktop. Why isn't it done this way?
''plane'' stupid lol, also you can. Wtf distro are you running? On most software they have websites where you can download an installer and you just click it an it installs just like Windows

>4)Compiling
>Again, stupid. Just give me a fvcking installer program. None of this compiling sh1t.
Granted.

Tbh OP I think you would enjoy Haiku more than Windows given all these problems.

Attached: 1539742631659.jpg (640x1136, 178K)

Attached: stop_posting.jpg (751x558, 300K)

But can windows do this?

Attached: wristwatchcomputer.jpg (969x1047, 261K)

I know this is a bait thread, but why the hate for package managers?
>Search the internet for installer
>Have no idea if it's legit from the vendor or dodgy as fuck
>Run said installer and hope it's not back doored
>Click next a bunch of times
>Restart the computer
Or
>Sudo apt-get install/dnf install
>Hit "y"
>Grab a beer while the package is downloaded and installed from a trusted source
Even if you hate the cli
>Open the package manager GUI interface
>Search for software
>Click install
>Type password
>Go get a beer etc.

shitty bait
sage

Forgot to mention, using a package manager gives you the option to update all of the software on your system at the same time over just updating the OS and having to update software manually one by one

stale.

hi lunduke

Yes, Linux sucks because it isn't made for braindead retards, I know.

>Now this is just plane stupid. Why is it so damn hard to install anything?
A question you should ask anyone who has to Google for an installer .exe

/thead

you guys aren't subtle at all.

2/10 for effort+made me reply

Attached: 1518356033904.jpg (1280x720, 262K)

idk why people call op bait, this is pretty much the list of reasons why normal people don't touch the linus

>implying they should

I don't understand why are you wasting time, this fag haven't actually tried any Linux distro ever.

Reminder that Linux is just a kernel.

How did such bad bait get so many replies?

I love package managers

>*nix
I love GNU/Linix!

>Lack of GUI's

You could just write one in visual basic and then use it to hack like a morherfucker.

Except none of the reasons listed are actually valid.

Reminder that you're a faggot with no life other than spamming every single thread that mentions Linux with "Reminder that Linux is just a kernel" who doesn't understand colloquialism.

Based and gnupilled.

Attached: bait.jpg (625x626, 33K)

It never ceases to amaze me how threads like this can be posted everyday on Jow Forums. This is such a shit tech board.

It often is more convenient than a GUI

Nice blog post. You came across as the fag you are

I r8 this b8 8/8 m8

>They're faster, period.

So about this, how long would you say it took you to get to the point of the command line being faster than a GUI? I figure that it's faster in the way of there is no "navigation" just one tool (keyboard), so everything is immediate. BUT, with the learning curve of memorizing commands and getting the hang of the process, that is probably why most avoid it.

Kind of like, driving "stick" arguably puts you in more control of a car and would EVENTUALLY be better, but there's that wall people have to get over which in the meantime it's actually WORSE and feels awkward and unnecessary since we've "moved past that" technologically.

Comments or could you elaborate at all?

>Technically speaking, root is the Windows SYSTEM account.
In Windows 10 "TrustedInstaller"

apt-get is debian/ubuntu not all GNU/Linux, and is way faster and better than installing the Windows way.

Let's take vlc as an example.
>Linux
1. Open terminal
2. Write (in debian/ubuntu) apt-get install vlc
3. Enjoy vlc

>Windows
1. Go to videolan.org
2. Click on Download vlc
3. Click on vlc for windows
4. Click on download vlc (again)
5. Choose download directory
6. Open download directory
7. Double click on installer icon
8. Press forward 2-3 times
9. Enjoy vlc

>people responding to obvious bait by a 20 IQ retarded wintoddler

>why should their be a command line?
Maybe Linux is just not for stupid niggers like you.

Attached: ncta.png (500x400, 14K)

is that elliot rodger