It's an EMBARRASSMENT Android manufactures cannot implement FaceID technology

It's an EMBARRASSMENT Android manufactures cannot implement FaceID technology.

When I see an Apple user pull out their phone and it instantaneously unlocks, I begin to feel like a barbaric ancient dinosaur still having the need to swipe my finger over a sensor, and I want to crawl under my seat when I need to do it multiple times because they can't even get fingerprint tech right.

Attached: andyroids.png (800x800, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/PtGv4iC-jRbex3Xw592fAw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
zdnet.com/article/fbi-forces-apple-iphone-x-owner-to-unlock-device-through-face-id/
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/5984jq/cops-dont-look-iphonex-face-id-unlock-elcomsoft
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just use the fingerprint you dumb shill

Your face isn't protected by the fourth amendment.

iPoojeets are getting desperate.

>When I see
>...I begin to feel

That's only you being autistic.

I use my irises you fuck

You are baiting, right? Android literally has face unlock powered by infra red camera, works in the dark too.

When did Jow Forums become botnet shills?

Attached: 746c7e338beaeedf1ae7705e75d98ef11dd018475c18631a91894e711a4bb8b2.jpg (560x292, 53K)

Actually it's the fifth. Turning over keys or revealing passwords invalidates the fourth, and the face and fingerprints are not protected from compulsory "testimony" because the word of the constitution is interpreted by communists who decreed that your body parts are "publicly available information."

ease of accessibility is more important to me than my privacy

Why he hell would I want FaceID?
>Muh convenience
My muscle memory is likely just as fast if not faster than an iPhone scanning a face. Furthermore, I can put in a custom code, and don’t have to worry about someone being able to get into the phone by just flashing it near my face.

There’s so much wrong with all of this “convenient unlock” technology. Just stick to a password you brainlet.

>it's difficult to manually enter a short password
I'm convinced normalfaggot retardation is both a gift and a curse.

>interpreted by communists who decreed that your body parts are "publicly available information."
Don’t they understand that you could justify molesting a person on the street using that logic?

are phone marketers actually autistic ?

it is.
neckbeard retard no one cares about your anime tiddies data

But this is demonstrably wrong. Have you slept through the entirety of 2013? PRISM project, no?

How new are you to this board?
There is a lot more to hide than just anime tiddies, son. Stuff that’s worse, and not even what you think it is.

my fingerprints are already on file from 15 years ago

you have to give your fingerprint to the government to get a driver's license in my state, who the fuck cares

No, that's still groping. The communists in question were on the supreme court and their interpretations only apply to the constitution and previous interpretations. Their use of the term has nothing to do with anyone else's.

and what makes you feel your "data" is safe otherwise. You can either be paranoid about every little thing or live blissfully with ignorance. Latter is better because half-witted retards like most of us on this board don't achieve shit by "protecting" their data by not using a simple fingerprint unlock in 2k fuckin 18

Enjoy faceID in 5 years when advertisers figure out they can make sure you're looking at the screen with your eyes open while ads are playing.

What is it with you and this “current year” bullshit?
Wait, are you John Oliver? Did John Oliver just visit Jow Forums, and of all boards, Jow Forums?

true dat

I've had face unlock on my oneplus for at least a year

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/PtGv4iC-jRbex3Xw592fAw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

Attached: 1514235620220.jpg (643x960, 256K)

It's a gift. Intelligence/awareness/etc. scale inversely with happiness. The more ignorant/naive/dumb someone is, the more likely they are to live a happy life free of any worries or stress.

I wish I could have had the blue pill.

"Sir, unlock your phone"
>No
"He's resisting"
>Ohshi-
>They tackle you to the floor, force your finger/face onto your phone

Attached: oh man 47.jpg (498x456, 48K)

How often have you fantasised about this scenario and why

I don't want it.

Useless if you are covering your face for the winter or if your face gets fucked.

>why
I'm just a cute lone loli, senpai. What else can I do?
P. S. Wanna see my pussy?

>"Sir, unlock your phone"
>"Sir"

Care to explain that then?

Don't be rude.

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

I just swipe up on my phone to unlock it with no form of authentication. Simply put, no one other than myself should every be in possession of the phone in the first place.

>wanting more botnets
The absolute state of Jow Forums

Yeah, people complain about iPhones being expensive, but you pay for advanced tech like this which poodroids only wish they had.

Although, desu a good reliable fingerprint reader would be great (something that works with moist fingers, for example). That's my only complaint with fingerprint readers.

Just don't.

Please, just don't even try to compare Oppo's face unlock gimmick to Apples Face ID. OnePlus doesn't even use 3D scan tech for the face unlock, and it's easily hacked.

Attached: hahahahahaha.png (878x267, 32K)

>government already has your fingerprint
>now all they have to do is create a model to access your data with or without your consent

>click lock button 6 times before getting /v/anned
>suddenly seething fbi agents can’t use my face to unlock phone

They would still beat my ass to get the password through so it’s all moot

appletoddler subhumans are not Jow Forums

I'm less concerned about that than I am about the fed and apple being able to make a heatmap of your life and attach it to your fingerprint and face

you realize you can't use fingerprint unlock to unlock your phone right after booting, right? if you turn off your phone, there's no way to use fingerprint unlock without first entering your password/pin/whatever.

meh, half the time the fucking thing doesn't work so I'm strictly on PIN now

Um, they're okay

>face id shilling
FBI pls go away

zdnet.com/article/fbi-forces-apple-iphone-x-owner-to-unlock-device-through-face-id/
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/5984jq/cops-dont-look-iphonex-face-id-unlock-elcomsoft

Android's had face recognition since 4.0 IIRC

yet, not one manufacture can implement a functioning face unlock that can't be fooled with a photo. Pathetic. No wonder Androids 85% market-share isn't even worth Apples 14%.

/thread
reminder to report the poo 2 loo OP

my fingerprints were on file as a child, the local PD recorded children's fingerprint ID in case of abduction.

lol

>letting people unlock stuff with your face against your will
shiggy diggy

I prefer rear-facing fingerprint. My reflex is to grab it and put the finger there at the same time, so it's unlocked even before it's in my face.

I just don't see the point of FaceID except to be a gimmick and a sad excuse to save space.

Face id is garbage hey faggot not everyone wants their face as an unlock method. Finger print is way better.

Whether it's a fingerprint or a face scan a judge can order you to provide the court with an unlocked or un-encrypted device. This doesn't force you to reveal anything protected by an amendment nor does it require you to testify against yourself. This has already been proven in court law. Look it up.

They can just ask the NSA for the backdoor.

Both faceid and the grade of fingerprint scanners used on phones are horrifically insecure, and that is ignoring the legal rights passwords give over biometrics.

>shill thread

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-20 10-04-45.png (1284x1180, 975K)

they did literally ages ago, unless you actually mean FaceID® which is an apple trademark placed on some generic infrared dot grid displacement that just uses a standard camera and also some other basic color and pattern recognition. Android phones first had a face unlock function though, even by a third party app on play store originally.

are you honest to god shilling biometrics for logging into stuff

nobody would use a face to unlock a hard drive, you're an NPC if you think it's acceptable on a phone

I love these ironic threads.

>mfw even my 2012 Galaxy S3 mini had face unlock

>face unlock that can't be fooled with a photo
including presence check (blinking required).

Attached: 1200px-Anonymous_emblem.svg.png (1200x1200, 190K)

Just use your nose for the fingerprint scanner, its basically FaceID.

Unironically Jow Forums I'm going to buy a new Windows laptop that comes with a Fingerprint scanner. Should I avoid using the feature?

Every Android user can unlock their phone before it can even see their face.
It doesn't matter how fast FaceID is if it has already lost.

Those have been on laptops since 2003

Windows 10 hasn't

>2k18
>still no other phones with facial recognition that is both as fast and secure as Face ID
>still no other phones that manage to eliminate chin entirely
>still no other laptops that can drive a 5K external monitor, charge and transfer data all through the same port simultaneously
>still no other ecosystems that have a handshake protocol as seamless and convenient as Continuity
>still no other bluetooth earbuds that are quite as convenient to use as AirPods
b-b-but Jow Forums told me applel was garbage...?

Attached: vause pepe.gif (563x542, 295K)

Face Unlock can be fooled with a photo or video.
Face Unlock doesn't work in darkness.
Face Unlock doesn't work if you look slightly different than in your reference photo (i.e. wearing glasses, a hat, makeup, no makeup, different hair, different facial hair, smiling, etc).
Face Unlock forces you to look at yourself in that ugly Jabba the Hutt angle.
Face Unlock is so insecure Google themselves literally told users not to use it as a legit method for unlocking your phone, right there in the settings.

Face Unlock is garbage. Hail Face ID.

*blocks yr path*

Attached: gloves.jpg (480x480, 21K)

What about when I wear sunglasses or when it gets so cold during the winter that I have to wear a scarf over the bottom half of my face?

Attached: Woman-wearing-winter-scarf-over-nose-and-mouth-_16387.jpg (300x297, 107K)

why do political cartoonists feel the need to label everything?
one could surmise that he's working for the government. there's no need to plaster "NSA" on his chair like that's a real thing

>sunglasses
Works through any pair that don't block IR.
(So most of them.)
>scarf
Face ID will be slower because there's not as much info to work off of, but it still works just based off of your eyes and eyebrows.

In defense of the extra step it takes to unlock your phone with Face ID:
People tend to activate their phones anywhere from 60-150 times a day. The vast majority of the time, they're only awakening their phones to check notifications instead of actively trying to complete a task.
So a lot of people (including iPhone users who still have Touch ID) actually have to go through an extra, unnecessary step because they tend to awaken their phones using the fingerprint sensor and not the lock button, then get to the homescreen, then pull down the notification shade.
But if you have no fingerprint sensor to deal with, the notifications are literally just right there, on the lockscreen. They're private until you look at them, but you don't have to take any further action, meaning you get to them faster.

It's basically removing a step the majority of the time.

>implying face unlock is usable at all
when was the last time you saw someone actually using face unlock, not for the purpose of showing off?

i was like you at one point in my life. Then i decided to work on myself and get my schmoney instead of worrying about stuff thats out of my control, like white genocide and immigration, privacy. The best you can do is have an alpha male car and a house by 30 so you can snatch a cute white 18 yo with hymen who will be loyal to you and give you huwhite children that you will raise with your values. Of course get a prenup if you marry so she doesnt have that escape card. Be smart about who you choose. you must be stocky with a beard, and not balding. Your wife should have a preference for guys who look like you, and no history of nigger relationships. Ideally she should be softcore racist. You dont want full on 1488 wife because they end up being degenerates like evalion.

I love it when I see some retard pull his phone out and put it up as if he's doing a selfie just to unlock it.

Makes it easy to spot the retards of society.

One Plus literally made it entirely in software with the front camera, it might not work in the dark but hey I got a free faceid upgrade with the same phone, didn't even have to get any new hardware. OP3 btw

Attached: 1478410771902.jpg (679x980, 127K)

>Things that never happened.
Nobody does that. You can just hold the phone normally and it'll still unlock.

Also works flawlessly at a normal angle, I do t have to selfie it. Just hit the standby button and it's automatic from there, faster than a fingerprint.

1.) OnePlus had nothing to do with that. That was a feature implemented by Google in the Galaxy Nexus back in 2011.
2.) Boy, I really hope you're joking.

gross

Attached: 1436393357388.png (615x464, 787K)

I think at this point it's considered a traditional part of the format.