>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1539977634937.jpg (1280x1440, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/trXrWD
pcpartpicker.com/list/sDNhBb
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-X27-bmiphzx-Monitor/dp/B07CWDBL39
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what's going on?

Attached: 1539969794325.png (1327x1222, 69K)

Which SSD brand is better, ADATA or Kingston?

explain to me why clc has two entries

>21-22°C Ambient
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

They're all pretty much the same anyway.
SSDs go into read-only mode when they fail

>SSDs go into read-only mode when they fail
Stop with this meme please

>21-22°C ambient
Not for long with Incel heater

240mm and 360mm?

>Samefagging his dying threead.
Cringe

Are you ok?

what's wrong with it

Is the mining crave finally over/

>shilling a $800 cpu that cant overclock
cringe

>Used Xeon - HEDT
This is probably a better choice than the other cpus listed.

Need a recommendation for laptop.
Student work. Mainly programming, needs to be fast for working with software like codeblocks, Visual Studio, CAD and similar.
Budget: 250-300€
Thanks in advance.

>used electronics
>good choice

Used thinkpad

A housefire

Attached: 44219124_1963320653726065_4968204579289169920_n-1.png (600x931, 753K)

regular room temp is around 24°C.
With that chip you can expect the temps to rise quite a lot in prolongued uses.

Used CPUs are not that bad, unlike the GPUs used for mining

I don't get it. Why are some people saying it overclocks fine no issues but then some places it looks like you need a custom loop?

>tfw $380 vega 64

Attached: 806627620_564.jpg (720x1280, 171K)

Recommendation for a $500 USD pc that I'll buy for myself next year on birthday.If push comes to shove, I will increase the amount for 750.

Plan on using it for school and gaming
But here's the kicker, I want a small form factor.

My steam library consists of Fallout 1, 2, TF2, LA Noire, Left 4 Dead. I mostly want a good fps (90+) without too much tweaking. I'll add Fallout 3,NV,4, and maybe 76 if its worth the buy. I already have a 1080p monitor. I'll add a mouse and keyboard ontop of the 750, I can lurk for more while I'm saving up money.

Already bought a 240 gb ssd for general software with a 750 gb hdd for these games/assignments.

There is already a thread you brainlet ape
>buying any GPU with over 75W TDP
Used ThinkPad.
>Used Xeon
They were made obsolete by Ryzen. Every single old Xeon is outperformed by the Ryzen lineup, and offer better perf per price and perf per watts. Used Xeons are overpriced because of /hsg/ boomers.
Mining GPUs are in a much better shape than gaymer GPUs. Miners might use the GPUs 24/7 but they don't use it in full load like gamers do.

Report and ignore

>mined

Come back next year, a lot of things can change till then.

youre for sure right, but I want to see what build now would be a good fit, or if I need to spend some more. I don't plan on playing other games than the ones I have listed. Just games to kick back and enjoy.

Guys I just got a 2x4gb pack of DDR4 sticks (crucial) I was trying to make them werk with my patriot pair at 3200mhz (xmp) but shit won't work, only werks in 2133mhz, I've noticed their XMP have a different TRC value (Patriot: 64, Crucial 73) any idea how to make them work at 3200mhz?

I want to play shooters on low or medium at 1080p@240hz. Budget is pretty much uncapped (call it $5k) but I don't want to feel like I'm getting totally ripped off.

Should I get the 2080ti? 9900 or threadripper?

Threadripper with a Quadro or Vega Pro.

Different RAM sticks will all operate according to the one with the lowest frequency

Threadripper 2950x with 2080ti

done

DON'T cheap out on the ram, get CL14, Threadripper loves high speed low latency memory for the infinity fabric. I'm using Trident Z 14 3200mhz and its fucking rad.

my 2700x reaches a peak of 67c during stress test using a d15. mostly its sub 60. wtf intel.

both are 3200mhz by XMP profile, the problem is when I activate the XMP they just don't seem to talk with each other, the patriot pair is in one channel and the crucial pair is in another channel.

>240Hz refresh rate

LMAO

make sure you buy a fatal1ty xTreme Dolby 9.1 sound card too if unwanna make ur dream cum Tru of being le greatest espirts gamer of all times

Also, get on the #gamergrub diet

Attached: bca.jpg (955x811, 167K)

Alright nigger lets make a peace offer.

>put the 8400 back on the best value gaming category
>put the 8700k on the best gaming category
>put the 1080ti back on the 4k choice GPU
>stop shilling stupid next gen Zen chip, Freesync and StoreMi whenever you can
>fuck off with the god awful 2400g

You can keep the rest as it is and I wont have OP wars with you anymore.

>gamer food
lost

Make sure you placed the ram into the dual channel ram slots. Look it up in the motherboard guide.

Attached: 1537117758319.jpg (630x840, 166K)

what? workstation gpus for gaming?????

Wrong
Just buy cheapest 3D NAND SSD (which is usually the ADATA SU800 for 1Tb, and Team or Silicon Power for 480Gb in the US)

You could have gotten the better model of Powercolor or Sapphire for that ...
I hope that's reference model and you're going to mod it. Gigabyte's custom model sucks.

Which shooters?
BOTH Quadro and Vega Pro.

At least in the case for Vega Pro, it runs fine on the gaymer drivers. Not sure about Quadro.

>put $300 8400 as "best value"
No

to weed out the intel shills from actual reviewers

>put the 8400 back on the best value gaming category
$300 isnt value
>put the 8700k on the best gaming category
Another overpriced housefire
>put the 1080ti back on the 4k choice GPU
2080ti as shit as it is is still better at 4k
>stop shilling stupid next gen Zen chip, Freesync and StoreMi whenever you can
payback for shilling this turd pic related
>fuck off with the god awful 2400g
do you not understand what a sale is?

Attached: inteli9hardboiledeggmaker.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

how did that reach 115? Tjunction is 100

Gamer's Nexus and others have much more stringent tests before they consider a CPU stable.

Doing a Cinebench run is NOT stable at fucking all. Not remotely fucking close.

That thread was posted at like 185 replies of the last one, you brainlet ape. Mods are asleep all day or something.

I thought the 9900K was soldered?

It is. Its solder just apparently isn't that great, and it draws 200+ watts of power stock sent through such a small IHS that it's incredibly difficult to cool.

what the fuck intel

its 110c on 2nd gen coffee lake, and i assume it promptly crashed after the test

not according to the 9900k page

Attached: Capture.png (547x30, 2K)

i'd go with smth like this with sharkoon c10 case, it goes for around 60 more bucks in us, 40eur in eu. 8gb ram single channel would be smarter, as you can later buy another 8gb and most mini itx mobos have 2 dimm ports. There are probably better/cheaper parts, but if you want to play fallout 4/76 at reasonable fps without going into inframinimum settings, then aim for 700 bucks price tag

Attached: about 700 usd biuld.png (1537x729, 162K)

Building a new machine to get back into gaming, haven't kept up with what's new with GPUs, should I get 1080 or a 2080?

I keep seeing everyone say get a 1080ti instead of the 2080 but it seems like they are pretty much the same price at least for a decent 1080ti model

is it a bad time to buy a 144hz 1440p 27in ips monitor? They're all extremely expensive and the chance of getting unacceptable blb or dead pixels with no recourse is huge.

Attached: 1334806060255.jpg (1920x1200, 594K)

100C Tjunction sounds right for the size of the die.
Maybe there's something wrong with the motherboard?

Need more info. Would generally recommend Vega56 as the best value, but depends on monitor and other stuff.

The fuck? It's the best time ever. You have the PX 277h for cheap HDR and that Mbest one for cheaper SDR that's super fast.

Everywhere I look a 2080 is $800+ while a 1080ti is $600

Hey Jow Forums looking for a case that is as small as possible but can fit a:
>ATX PSU
>Noctua DH15
>up to a 3 slot gpu (for those rtx gpus)
>at least 1 hdd
>no side panel window
I've been looking at the Thermaltake V21 as my current choice.

Are those squaretrade protection plans worth the money for a graphics card?

t. noob and saw the option on newegg

if company only offers 2 year and you can get 3 from squaretrade, get it.

Silverstone FT-03 although I'm not positive it fits that cooler. It PROBABLY does, but I haven't checked.

Either way, why not NOT get a housefire CPU which requires such a cooler?
An Artic 13 or 33, or some other 120mm fan cooler is perfectly good for a 2700X.

Which shooter games?

>gamer food
What the actual fuck?

Attached: 1460245788437.png (222x293, 148K)

Same shit as sports drinks except swap out the electrolytes for vitamin D

Did I do decent? Going itx/small for desk space.

Attached: 97837fjsjskl5.png (1114x846, 68K)

I want the cooler either way. Will keep whatever cpu i get low as hell and also im a noctua shill. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is there any reason to buy a 2700X over an 1800X? The performance is similar but the 1800X is significantly cheaper.

So custom loop is the only reasonable method to cool OCed 9900K?

why would you go for rx580 and r7 2700x combo?

what the fuck?
Cases like that don't use any less desk space than a full tower.
They're just a shorter tower.
DID YOU READ THE DIMENSIONS?
Few cases which use an ATX PSU are going to be that small. You could also save a lot of money with something like the Thermaltake G3 which will take an ATX/mATX board which is way cheaper than overpriced mITX.

Otherwise yes it's fine except that I'd lose the HDD And just get a 1TB SSD and add a 2TB SSD on later.

Gaming performance. Even the 2600X beats the 1800X in games by a lot due to the lower memory latency.

Don't bump something that was already answered, you dumb whore.

What's a good mobo form factor to focus on in terms of pricing and options?

For the gaming/emulation I'll be doing I see no sense in buying a 1080ti,etc.

Yeah I saw. My current tower is a fuckhuge fulltower. I'll look into that Thermal G3. Any other towers you can recommend? I got the 2 TB HD to store all my roms,movies,comics,and to throw my all my steam games there. The SSD is for Windows and some of my more used games/programs.

>by a lot
Are we talking about a ~10% difference that is basically the same as poozens that claim "8700k vs ryzen = 10% difference budget! better value!" let him take the better value cpu amdrone.

someone build me the best gaming system I can get for $2,000 USD. Can't decide on what CPU I want to get. GPU wise I'm thinking 1080ti or 2080 depending on which one I can get the best price on.

My monitor is 1440p, 60hz but I'll probably upgrade that to 4k 144hz sooner or later.

The benchmarks I've seen only show an 8% performance difference.

pcpartpicker.com/list/trXrWD

Pretty much will get you the highest frames. You can save some money and get 8700k/Ryzen but you'll lose some frames(less so from 8700k) too unless at 4k but at the same time you can't really play 60fps much at 4k high/ultra AAA titles.

Rip forgot to add HDD but just add an 2TB 7200rpm from WD or seagate.

>asrock

Its going to be a dead motherboard.

Phanteks Evolv Shift is a small footprint. Requires SFX PSU, iirc.

8% performance increase is significant.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/trXrWD
>9700k
>no industrial chiller
>$760 for a 1080Ti
>$135 for some meme low airflow case to make the housefire throttle harder
This is unironically bad

Also at 4K, user is not going to be CPU limited. Even a fucking 2600 would be fine and give the same FPS a 9900k or 2950X will give.

Current Asrock board is going on 6 years. Haven't had a problem yet.

Thanks,will give it a look.

x470 is generally unnecessary unless you specifically know you want a feature that it has over b450.

>want to upgrade from my toaster
>"DUDE THERES NEW STUFF COMING OUT IN 6 MONTHS"
>fast forward a year
>"DUDE THERES NEW STUFF COMING OUT IN 6 MONTHS"

Now there are DDR5 rumors? honestly fuck off.

the only time it's worth upgrading is on black friday or sometime after a next console gen starts.

>not waiting for Zen 5
good goy, keep buying new things every year

You'll need to stretch your budget for what you want unless you already figured you'd be spending $2000 on a monitor.
pcpartpicker.com/list/sDNhBb
$2155 for the PC alone, but a 4K 144hz Gsync HDR monitor is around $2000 as well.
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-X27-bmiphzx-Monitor/dp/B07CWDBL39
That's $4155 total.

If $2000 is entire budget, the Freesync version of that monitor is coming out for $900, the Nitro XV273K. So you save $1100 there.
2080T gets like 50-75% higher FPS than Vega, but it's around 3x the price. So you save another $750-850.

Just buy the 2600 then. It was on sale for $120 the other day. Still $150 now I think.

Is the i7 7700k still worth the purchase?

Yeah at like $150.

is there a reason why old motherboards seem to only get more expensive? Is it soley because they aren't made anymore / a scarcity thing?

according to a build from 2015 on pcpartpicker, this was 65 dollars. By all means it doesnt seem special, I'm just looking for a mini ITX board with DDR3 ram slots so i can reuse old ram and HDMI for my tv (building a small HTPC), but it seems like every old board i come across on the completed builds page was 50 - 100usd, and now goes for 100+ usd even used online. will i have any luck finding one of these boards or should i just stop being a jew and buy DDR4 ram?

Attached: ss+(2018-10-19+at+10.53.26).jpg (1136x951, 240K)

everyone's been watching lgr and making retro xp machines

Didn't it come out like a year ago?

Something wrong with having a corelet processor?

No

i've been using an asrock motherboard for 8 years

Don't wait, just upgrade when you have to.

Why are motherboard manufacturers suddenly reinforcing their PCIe slots? Who the fuck breaks a PCIe installing a card?

What do you guys think of the ASUS ROG STRIX X470-GAMING motherboard? Seems good, I see a lot of people recommend it. One thing I found interesting was the ASUS Turbo Core app, it says that you can assign applications to a specific core. Has anyone here used this feature? Seems like that would be useful on something like a MMO.

Why isnt there athlon 220 GE in sticky? Its a great cpu for bare minimum and it costs only $55 msrp

Marketers say it's for heavy graphics cards. But the graphics card is not too heavy to snatch a slot, so that's just for design.

it's poorfag shit you might as well buy used if you're that desperate

Alright, i upgraded from a Ryzen 3 1200 to a Ryzen 5 2600. You fucks have better not memed me about its game performance.