HOLOCHAIN

Jow Forums is so fucking retarded, can you people please go take a look at holochain? This is the next logical step from this centralized shithole of internet that we have today

github.com/holochain/holochain-rust

youtube.com/watch?v=hyCtYrHJebs

humm.earth/blog/

this is it right? Someone needs to build a Jow Forums in holochain and we will host for free as in freedom

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-19 18-22-33.png (985x651, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ceptr.org/projects/core
holochain.github.io/holochain-rust/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More blockchain/decentralised/federated/buzzword of the week bullshit.

Come on user, take at least one look if you're a dev, I know that blockchain will fail hard in the next 2 years, but if you take 8 minutes to watch the video, you'll understand how big this is

The Internet is centralised by design. For it to become decentralised efficiently, it requires a complete overhaul to the PHYSICAL aspect, as well as the PROTOCOLS that we use on it. Attempting to build a decentralised metainternet on top of what we have is utterly retarded.

Also, this system is apparently P2P. Given that the whole point of Jow Forums is anonymity, how would that work? You would be able to identify everybody else using it.

>as well as the PROTOCOLS that we use on it

holochain is a protocol, holofuel is just a coin that runs on it, you can build anything for free on holochain and host it for free, or pay other nodes to host, you choose how many do you want

WATCH THE VIDEO GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

They have a partnership with other project that will build a user layer on top of holochain if you want or need anonymity

Can an Open Virtual Network support HOLOCHAIN?

I'm talking IPv4/IPv6. The entire concept of connecting to the Internet through an ISP is CENTRALISED. I've watched the video and it doesn't sound like anything special to me.
So something like Tor or I2P? Great, I'm sure that will be speedy as hell... not. Like I said, the CENTRALISED BASIS OF THE INTERNET must be reinvented for true decentralisation. This is just snake oil that will never scale.

DHCP is also centralised. DNS is also centralised. HTTP is also centralised. IMAP is also centralised. Here's a thought experiment. Build a new set of protocols from the ground up which are decentralised by design. That will be impressive.

>Great, I'm sure that will be speedy as hell

If people come, the infrastructure will come too, just give it time

Don't you see how big this can be? We could build fucking communities that the users will host, so no more bullshit of moot being held by the FBI or something like that

You people are on Jow Forums, the first on the line to benefit from something like this, free speech heaven

Even more impressive will be proposing them to IEEE, having them accepted, and THEN having ISPs support this new decentralised-by-design Internet which Fortune 500 and government spying agencies will do ANYTHING to prevent.

I already told you that Jow Forums won't work for this, because it's design to be anonymous. The privacy layer you described won't work because, again, the Internet is centralised by design. Tor and I2P make it difficult to trace people, but not impossible. And they're slow as fuck!
This is already possible with Ethereum smart contracts anyway, it's just not scalable.

>Said every extinct industry since the invention of the internet

No.
It's a waste of time to even read your shill shit.

The Internet gave companies and governments far more power. Everything has changed since the Internet was introduced, it's not so easy anymore.

I understand your hype, but it really is as simple as wires and servers. You're always going to need more of them, and they're going to consolidate eventually, and that means centralization

This is just another layer adding bloat to the internet

Tor makes almost impossible, don't lie to yourself that it's just hard, I can't even wrap my head of how you need to watch both nodes to see if they make some sort of 'equal bump' on the network to see if they match and then maybe go from there, it takes so much time and money

If you can't see how this can benifit everyone specially in this days of pc bullshit, you're blind with hate for crypto (I get it, I hate it too)

You really believe that in 10 years the internet will be more centralized than it is today?

I get your point, but the difference here is that there is not one blockchain, if something becomes centralized in the hands of the few, just fork it and if people agree with you they will come too, it's hard to get this agent centric stuff

>Tor makes almost impossible
It's not just vulnerable to traffic analysis. It's also vulnerable to Sybil attacks, among countless software vulnerabilities, and even cryptography vulnerabilities.
>You really believe that in 10 years the internet will be more centralized than it is today?
Yes, because normies don't give a shit about centralisation, and honestly, neither do I.

The only Jow Forums thread up seems to be fairly mixed and reasonable.

>Yes, because normies don't give a shit about centralisation, and honestly, neither do I.

this is my only concern, why would the normies abandon instagram for a open source solution if instagram has some cool photo filters?

Even if a mesh Internet were to emerge where everybody could be their own ISP, there's still going to be a small set of companies building the devices for that which can backdoor it however they wish. Hell, I bet over 50% of the computers in this network are running Intel, which as we know, has a backdoor called the Management Engine.

To summarise my rant in this thread, there's always centralisation at some layer. You can build a decentralised Internet, but the technology that runs it will be built by a centralised company, with a centralised hierarchy. That just how humans are, we tend to rely on one person to do one thing.

AMD provides an equivalent to ME.

You can't really get away from it.

Not entirely true. AMD processors have TrustZone, but it doesn't have a networking stack like the IME does, and security researchers are confident it cannot be remotely exploited. The IME already has been remotely exploited.

Jow Forumsraeli here. The second the project I am following goes live I will post it just for you, user. I need my meme coins first but it is seriously legit tech being worked on by the biggest names in Blockchain development. The internet has the potential to decentralize on multiple layers.

Multiple layers? No. Only the top one, the application layer. You're never going to have true scalability or decentralisation at the top layer.

If it was a serious technology, a proof of concept and whitepaper would have been released, without an ICO. Did Nakamoto ask for TSLA stocks whilst holding the Bitcoin whitepaper hostage?

I can't talk about the shitcoin that this guys is talking about, but holochain have a book in the works right now, and their project is way bigger than this

ceptr.org/projects/core
holochain.github.io/holochain-rust/

>holochain.github.io/holochain-rust/
Over half of those pages are empty. The ones that aren't use ridiculous, non-technical terminology such as 'ribosomes' and 'DNA'. This is a con.

I really like the idea in this and am holding some tokens too but my doubts are very high regarding blockchain nowadays so not accumulating any more.

>can you people please go take a look at holochain?
no

Attached: 1381941110642.png (962x962, 307K)

I hope you're a shill and haven't actually put any money into this. It's nothing but a show of buzzwords and empty claims. And anyway, you shouldn't invest to make money. Invest because you want to make a promising technology a reality - not that this project needs it, because they already have 30,000 ETH.

Bitconnect 2.0 is here.

Did you fail biology?

Biological terminology does not belong in software. Choosing correct and distinguishable names is a basic skill for programmers, so it's concerning that the developers for this project can't even manage that.

Ok dad

Can i still make some money on this coin?

Looks like it from the amount of time you have to sink into understanding it

Attached: 1539815171958.png (489x489, 262K)

This project is utterly retarded. Crypto is dying on its ass so now the pageets are desperately spreading to other boards.
Enjoy!

>rust

Attached: .jpg (1366x768, 85K)

>centralized shithole of an internet
The internet is already decentralized, brainlet

fpbp

>Rust
Dropped. Even go is better than rust. At least go makes an effort to debate features and ideas for the language. Rust is like JavaScript. It's driven by a mob of devs hungry for features no matter what.