"Air cooler" uses heat pipes

>"Air cooler" uses heat pipes

Attached: img_9470.jpg (700x553, 50K)

yer heat pipe coolers are technically water cooling because they have liquid in the pipes.

THey are technically phase change coolers since the liquid evaporates

is this true for Intels stock cooler? That thing is light as hell and I dont feel that it has liquid inside.

No.
Intel's stock cooler is just an extruded hunk of aluminum.
Same as Wraith Stealth for AMD.
Wraith Spire has a vapor chamber
Wraith Max/Prism has heatpipes.

>Wraith Spire has a vapor chamber
Wow I didn't knew that

I thought it was the same design as copper based Intel Stock HSF with a gaping hole at the other side

Intel's stock cooler was better back when it had a copper core. Still solid though.
They sell a "thermal solution" that looks like the stock but it has a copper core, is about 4 inches tall, and works slightly better. I doubt it has a vapor chamber but it might. It is very expensive for what it is and doesn't come anywhere close to the much cheaper CM 212 Evo or Cryorig H7.

That 'solution' sucks though, it has a high pitch whirring sound on the fan because it's made from shitty light materials.

It's one of the reasons I like the wraith stealth so much, much lower frequency sound so even loud it's not irritating.

At least some of intel's stock coolers use a vapor chamber, like pic related.

Attached: intel BXTS15A.jpg (700x525, 56K)

That's not a stock cooler though.
It's an intel cooler, but it's not included with any CPU.

It's as stock as a Hyper212.

Hm. I guess you're right.

>"liquid cooler" uses air to cool the radiator
wtf i want a refund

Attached: false advertising.jpg (1000x887, 95K)

>Radiator uses convection rather than radiation to dissipate heat

Attached: 1539723418597.jpg (225x216, 27K)

lmao kill yourself, retard

It radiates the heat through convection bozo.

WTF every thing is a lie

Attached: 341123.gif (423x386, 339K)

theres air in the heatpipes u dumass...

what is up with these faggot motherboards?
i don't want to spend $70 for LED and design R&D

>needing a corporeal medium to dispel heat

Attached: cpIBo.jpg (1400x849, 253K)

It cools by conducting with the ether. Checkmate.

>corporeal
Humans can't perceive any less than 30 Kilosagans anyhow.

>Intel's stock cooler is just an extruded hunk of aluminum.
Some of them used to have cooper.
Now they are thin/small aluminium blocks, even a $10-15 heatsink (Hyper T2 for example) would be a huge upgrade.

>not submerging it in the fishtank

>Put radiator in fishtank
>Now it is the fishtank that is being air cooled

Liquid cooling is a lie

>Current era of meme
>Still thinking that 144 Kilosagans is not perceivable

Why don't PCs use oil cooling like car transmissions do?

Attached: X-20101031145042924.jpg (640x480, 21K)

Because PC doesn't generate the shitton of heat like car.

Intel is working to change this

*cools your path*

Attached: 1_s2.0_S0017931015307365_gr8.jpg (744x669, 135K)

Attached: sideskek.jpg (480x480, 17K)

how can I create a 3d model like that? I need it.

Attached: 1512309002173.gif (367x219, 523K)

Probably because water is more efficient. Transmission needs the oil for lubrication too, so it makes sense to cool the system with that same oil. Engines nowadays are cooled with coolant + water mixture. Oil cooled engines were more popular in the past when the engineers noticed that simple air cooling wasn't good enough for the more powerful engines.

lot of hydraulics going on there too, they need a liquid that doesn't cause corrosion

hmm.... what about i9s!?!??

pretty sure it's not water in there , also same retarded shit with 'liquid cooling' that only moves the heat away to an air radiator .

most PCs use radiative cooling , they move heat from the cpu to heatpipes\liquid, to the air and the heat later radiates from earth into deep space and makes aliens able to detect us and launch an antimatter rocket to annihilate earth just to be safe.

Cooling oil is conductive and only works well if you are dealing with 100-300C environment. Neither fits the bill for thermal needs of digital computers.

Off topic, that mobo looks like shit.
fucking eyesore.
It's like modern car engines where theres plastic covers over the entire fucking engine.
What a time to be alive.

Attached: 1521332815006.jpg (171x294, 7K)

I want to see the 10 000 and 100 0000 and 1000 0000 iteration. Also I want the millionth iteration on for sale

Computer is the cooler the better, but for cars it's the optimal temperature and for lubrication purpose.

To be fair the engine covers on cars dampen noise and perhaps act as a kind of heat shield to slow down heat dissipation, I guess,