Red pill me on slackware

red pill me on slackware

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (356x356, 76K)

What's your question ding dong

>redpills op on slackware

It's better than Arch but worse than Gentoo.

It's better than Gentoo but worse than Arch

Patrick is pretty based and doesn't take shit from nobody
He told moonchild to fuck off and removed paleshitstain from the slackware repositories
the lack of dependency resolution is kind of lame but slackbuilds can help you with that
it's rock solid, secure, has a great selection of software
great distro

good os to get into linux without bloat and a de (kde or xfce). but there is no first party package manager so you'll have compile everything or use slackpkgplus or slapt

tldr get used to wget , tar xf, make && make install

How much time has the Linux community wasted trying to get package managers to work? Every distribution invents and reinvents package manager, and we’ve been doing it for almost 30 years.

Well Slackware packages are literally just zip files. And it works perfectly.

Package managers are one of those eternal time wasters like ORMs or functional programming languages. For a while you’re so happy because you think you’ve found the right one... until you realise it sucks. So you move onto the next one and the cycle repeats. Instead you should just reject the whole category of technology.

Use the package manager from CRUX on Slackware and is perfect.

Attached: crux1.jpg (723x1024, 159K)

Do you enjoy manual dependency resolution? Then Slackware is for you!

who fucking cares any more just use slackware or not why does it matter. you're just going to realize you're a fucking brainlet who can't into linux worth a shit anyways. why do i even come here. "should i use this? should i use that? is brand x better than brand y?" it's all the same chink shit no matter who's name is on the language just use the goddamn rudimentary language that the united states slave-labor system produced for you and enjoy looking up obscure commands to do mundane shit. my god. is this my life? is this really what we are discussing? are we brainwashed? is this what passes for existence? you know what, user? we're going to die at some point. THESE are the memories we will have. is this the life i want to live? is this the way i was meant to be? is this what thousands of years of civilization has led to? fucking people debating over chink shit and me falling for it? how can this pass for an existence. am i so totally pacified that i keep coming here without a second thought, that i think this somehow passes for some kind of existence, and some kind of life, while others are enjoying the fruits of the world, and i sit here, on my own volition, in a prison that i built for myself? fuck your slackware. fuck you. grow a pair and use it, or not. what does it matter. it can do what you want it to. there's your answer op. fuck. you.

You are the same shitposter on every thread don't you? I can tell by your writing.

Fuck off.

Attached: d.jpg (605x346, 100K)

fuck off with these shitty >redpill me on XYZ or >should i buy this or >should i use this threads

what is slackbuilds you fucking retard

Calm down dude, sounds like somebody killed your cat.

this
not this

Attached: 1483588276898.jpg (361x691, 33K)

Alien bob was the one who told pale moon to fuck off and he removed from his personal slackware repo

either way pretty based
fuck moon cuck

Slackware is really easy to use. It has the benefits of compiling all software for your computer. It also has the benefits of providing a binary distribution for sofware. It also doesn't fuck with software placement for their /etc or /home/user/.software or anything. It's a great linux distro. It does take a long time to set up a system to have all the software you need, but most software has a slackbuild to use. Slackbuilds are somewhat trusting that they set up everything for you, but they are usually so short that the real problem is allowing the makefile or cmake or whatever for the compilation of the software to handle it. It's a great distro.

If Slackware ever gets proper Flatpak support it will be one of the best distros again, with a clean separation between OS components and applications.

>Flatpak
Fuck that, AppImages work already.

Fuck Flatpak, AppImage and Snappy. Fuck all of them.

is slack available as a live disro ?

i wanna take it for a test drive but im not installling it on my MBA

Attached: 1535080305031.gif (360x240, 1.83M)

yep, I have an iso for Slackware current with KDE from their site
its really nice

you may have sold me on slackware, i fucking hate package managers

you guys need to FUCKING EXPLAIN WHY

>no package manager
>have to compile everything
how is that fundamentally different from LFS?

It's good and it has a lazy version called salix which is great