Best torrenting software?

I've looked all over Google and everything tells me whether it's legal to torrent, and keeps recommending me Bit and uTorrent, which I thought were botnet AF, but memory does not serve well. What's the best software out there for torrenting files?

Attached: th.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oldversion.com/windows/utorrent-2-2-1-2
tixati.com/download/windows64.html
deluge-torrent.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm still using (very deliberately uTorrent 2.2.1: oldversion.com/windows/utorrent-2-2-1-2

It's tiny, fast, and has no spyware bullshit.

frostwire

qBittorrent.

Transmission on linux, otherwise get a seedbox with rTorrent.

>Using a software with know xploit vulnerabilities that broadcast it version to the rest of the world along with the IP
Genius!

qbittorrent

qbittorrent, everything else is trash

For Windows qBittorrent no contest

Can't speak for other OS's

picotorrent is pretty nice. i dont have to install anything when I want to quickly get a torrent

Transmission is great

any suggestions for Android?

my suggestion is to buy a computer, nigga

It literally makes no difference which one you use

Buy a NUC and install Server 2019 Datacentre (w/ Desktop Experience). Install qBitTorrent. Use RDP so that you can use the inbuilt search function. The end.

Flud is good with a clean ui. free version has minor ads though if that bothers you

Tixati

deluge

This or Transmission. Absolutely avoid qBT like AIDS.

Not sure if being ironic or simply loq IQ inbred.

qbittorent is the only correct answer

Transmission is the best, followed by Deluge.

qBittorrent

Transmission on Linux & Mac.

Qbittorent For PC
Flud for Android

qbittorrent

Tixati for me.
tixati.com/download/windows64.html

Proprietary shit.

For video torrenting, www.webtorrent.io
I use ot for my animus

Attached: 1539983508911.jpg (313x334, 30K)

These. Go with qBittorrent.

yeah just like the proprietary firmware blobs in the linux kernel faggot

Libretorrent, open-source and can be found on F-droid

I use Linux-libre.
>the linux kernel
You don't need to specify that you are referring to a kernel. Linux is nothing more than a kernel, so any reference to Linux is a reference to the kernel.

>I use Linux-libre.
I dont care what you use.
Your'e entitled to your preference for FOSS, but when you state that software you dont use is shit because it isn't FOSS then you come across as a fucking idiot.
If your in to proselytizing go join the mormons and preach about the Church of later Day Saints.

>FOSS
No, just free. Open source misses the point.
>when you state that software you dont use is shit because it isn't FOSS then you come across as a fucking idiot.
When you use proprietary software you come across as a fucking idiot.

Utorrent stopped being good after the ad bloat.

aria2, transmission-daemon
but you won't find any of these in the play store, as these come from gnu/linux really
if you install Termux, you can then install these with apt like you normally would on a debian-like distro:
apt update
apt install aria2 transmission-daemon
these come without a gui, obviously, but both support RPC, which means you can operate these as daemons (ie. running in the background) and then control them with a web browser and a web ui of choice (transmission-daemon comes with one by default) OR even better, you can use a thin client for a convenient, Android-native GUI, like tremotesf or transdroid (both available in F-Droid)

Ktorrent

Webtorrent, look it up

I tried qBitTorrent, disabled all my usb input devices, fucked my connection, then crashed my computer.

YIKES!

Nothing beats Deluge deluge-torrent.org/

>No, just free. Open source misses the point.
Good. You'll be pleased to know Tixati is free.

No, it's proprietary.

You said Open source misses the point.
Tixati is closed source so it obviously doesn't miss the point AND you dont have to pay for it either. Which means its free.
Thats win win.
and bye bye!

>You said Open source misses the point
Yes, it does.
>you dont have to pay for it either. Which means its free.
Free as in freedom, not free beer.

2.2.1 is still the best torrent client, can't agree more

Transmission on Windows is good too

>windows
qbittorrent or maybe deluge
>linux
transmission, rtorrent or above i guess
>os x
dunno but i hear their users really like netflix and spotify

Attached: torrent_guide.png (1500x2670, 387K)

LibreTorrent running on muh phone is everything I need.

Attached: Screenshot_20181019-201957_LibreTorrent.png (1080x1920, 156K)

I use tixati too.

Call me a shill or whatever, but I never managed to get dl speed as high as in uTorrent no matter what.
Tixati seems good and it can even dl at speeds compared to uTorrent but it takes a while (10-15 mins) for it to reach these speeds and yet it is 400-600 kb less than uTorrent.
uT is a fucked up software (rather a malware than anything) and I'd get rid of it the day I find a client which doesn't throttle my speed.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

qBittorent
even has built in search plugin support

No, I'm referring to Linux-libre which is a kernel.

this

Deluge web on a private server, serving files as sftp/https + htaccess/rsync

Also control it with transdroid

Attached: pbs_twimg_com_media_DpFNCp_W0AAV.jpg (1440x1400, 234K)

>Using a software with know xploit vulnerabilities

Name one.

sftp, youknowhatimsayin'

>closed source
>no spyware bullshit
>known security issues
You sure outsmarted everyone here, pal.

I've just always used Spork3h. It's pretty minimalistic and has solid VPN capabilities.

I've been using qBittorrent for years, but I recently finally had to install a second client (Deluge) for torrents that have less seeders. The stalled meme is real, the fucking program is allergic to other peers. Either that or something is very wrong with my settings.

fucking retard

this

lol

BiglyBT

>>closed source
Don't care.

>no spyware bullshit
2.2.1 is the last version that had no spyware, which is why I'm still using it.

>known security issues
cite one

lol isn't.a vulnerability retard

progressive downloads are great xD

now need a way to stream/seek without relying on webtorrent, qbitorrent's preview doesn't do that

/thread

>xD
what the fuck just happened

I use Deluge.
It's light, works great, and no ads.