/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 479509 headphones kamioka_chiroru pantsu seifuku sweater.jpg (2000x1378, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

schiit.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WILLIAM THE SON OF SCHIIT SHILL HAS BEEN CURSED

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: deruntermensch.jpg (613x595, 89K)

I wish I had a gf like that.

:^)

Attached: schiit irl.jpg (4032x3024, 2.92M)

is schiit pronounced like shit?

To the italian that was interested in my HD600: €170?

How many of you visit /mu/?
God I love their sharethreads, there's definitely a lot of music I don't grab but some of the stuff I do is fucking bliss

Attached: 3440321349663371.jpg (1400x1400, 222K)

I wish I could afford Yggy.

Cute

I recently picked up these sci-fi hairdryers and I like them

Attached: comets.png (1000x829, 1.82M)

Sure user.
Here's a freshly made mail if we want to continue from there: pippocuffiomaniaco at libero dot it

Can you smell all that plankton /hpg/?

Attached: IMG_20181020_121240.jpg (999x749, 141K)

EDM pleb here, what are some good cans for a basshead? Budget is ~$250 USD. Upgrading from a m40x since I don't think EQ'ing will give me what I want out of them

no yggy no plankton

Blued and cringepilled

Wanna bury my face on those

Are there any headphones that have bass that sounds and feels like big woofer stereo bass, and that doesn't clamp down in the head and start yo feel heavy after 60 minutes? Why do all headphones I've tried suffer this issue? Why does the sound always sound like it's coming from the middle of my head?

Attached: IMG_1373.png (466x470, 471K)

preorder

Attached: _DSC0942[1].jpg (750x486, 55K)

Argon MKIII.

My budget is $140, whats a good pair of headphones that fit this description
>closed with really good isolation
>removeable wire
>good for listening metal, specifically powermetal
>Really comfortable
>Doesnt need something like an external AMP or DAC
Im looking at the takstar pro 82 but Ive heard they weren't good for metal, is that true?

Attached: 1537368111793.jpg (680x873, 121K)

I really wish closed back headphones were better.

People make such a fuss about DACs with insanely low noise floors, but at the same time live in houses with paper thin walls or have a PC humming in the background which are usually a thousand times more intrusive than a DAC will ever be. Even if the outside noise isn't that loud, it still masks microdetails and is generally percieved as the music being lower quality, often times I listen to music at the dead of night and be blown away with how much better it sounds than usual.

Getting a good, noise isolated room can cost so much money and just isn't possible for all of us, closed back headphones would be such a good comprise is in this case but sadly nobody seems to give a fuck about making a good, reasonably priced one.

I'm considering just going to IEMs, I heard Eytmoic Research's IEMs are pretty isolating, but I've also heard that they shit the pants when music becomes complex. Any other recommendations? I like dark/neutral sound signature.

Attached: 1533316471090.jpg (1000x1420, 167K)

Beats by dre

This is tasteless. If you have a beef with Marv, feel free to bash him, but leave his offspring alone. William and Genevieve have done nothing to warrant the mocking and harassment you are doing here.

Hi Marv. What's the best tube for plankton?

Off yourself.

Urbanfun Trandsound ONE HiFi Headphoneor maybe campfire audio cascade
T20rp with some mods and a good amp should work too

Who’s Genevieve?

If I wanted to harass them I would write letters to everyone around their family that Marv is a pedo and rapes his children (which is true btw)

Are headamp products good?
I've been thinking on buying the gilmore lite mk2

PREORDER NOW

Attached: DSC2738[1].jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

seems like a questyle ripoff whitout a dac and with bluepilled onions paint

Most high-end DACs don't have dynamic range anywhere near high-end amplifiers.
Soundproofing has a strong direct correlation to thermal insulation, so it's really more of an investment than a pure cost. Headphones are also a little noisy, via occusion and conduction related artifacts.
The Shure SRH1540 is fine and somewhat affordable. If the affordability problem bugged you so, you should've clenched your teeth and used a parametric equalizer.
Hearing distortion is reliably linked to the presence of fewer correlated bursts to mask the detection of distortion components. In any case, other than possible the 4XR, none would have any particular problems.

Are the Yamaha Revstar worth buying?

Attached: A5317F74-D136-4367-A0AF-82811F52BA50.jpg (560x750, 39K)

help

How to clean padding on HD 5xx/HD 6xx? I have a HD 569.

HD4.40 + brainwavz pads

Are the mAssdrop Plus worth getting? Crinacle rates them really highly for their price but I prefer the dark/neutral sound signature to the warm one.

The reason why a lot of headphones suck for listening to metal is because the treble is too pronounced which can make a lot of poorly recorded metal, especially death/black/thrash sound like eargrattingly sharp. Power metal can be bright at times but usually it has decent production, which means that despite the Taksperg Pro 82 having a slightly vshaped signature, it shouldn't suck too hard for power metal specifically.

However, the Sennheiser HD650/6XX would be a noticeably better choice, I'd recommend stretching your budget and picking the 6XX up, although I enjoyed listening to metal on my taksperg, when my HD6XX arrived I liked it A LOT more, although I only really listen to Thrash and Death, so YMMV.

If you can't get the HD6XX, I'd recommend atleast trying out EQ

Attached: 1512252910187.png (955x637, 295K)

>closed with really good isolation
eh somewhat.
>removeable wire
Y
>good for listening metal, specifically powermetal
Idk.
>Really comfortable
Definite check 24/7 comfy use.
>Doesnt need something like an external AMP or DAC
Most people say everything goes better with a dac but HD 569 doesn't really need it I believe.

YGGY!

Buy speakers!

Attached: IMG_3940.jpg (1500x1486, 141K)

*earspeakers

Will you buy Zach's new flagship?

Attached: _DSC1094[1].jpg (750x510, 63K)

>Not coming home and entering your room and seeing this.
God they're so sexy. Even when I leave for work I stand and stare at them for 5 minutes before reluctantly turning to leave. I leave the door wide open for my roommates to drool over them. Then I snap a picture to masturbate furiously to later.

Attached: 36CE01D9-6284-4299-B677-64C360F7B487.jpg (1536x2048, 663K)

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus fits your description pretty well.

No thanks, if I wanted 1kg weight in my head I'd get a 1kg weight to out on my head.

Attached: IMG_3563.png (360x594, 250K)

Do you people really prefer headphones to speakers, or are you just coping?

Customs would kill me
He doesn't happen to declare a lower value for the package, does he?

And I'm sure the plushies are pussy magnets, too.

My Auteur were marked to be of 150$ value

Sorry for the typo, are the Yamaha HPH MT5 worth buying?

Too fucking expensive. I got HD800 for ~1000 yurobucks back in the day and I don’t regret it, but there’s nothing that could convince me to spend over 2 kiloyuros on a single set of headphones. Diminshing returns just get so ridiculous at that point.

Good to know, maybe I'll get myself some eikon after all

Zmf headphones are not only about their sound but about having a set of cans that actually looks high-end and not like some OEM plastic garbage like the hd800 does

It's happening but neither Fiio nor any Topping are on pre-sale deals. Any other chink amps I should check or is O2 still best poorfag option?
SHP9500 are $85 "on sale", $160 new price after sale ends. Fuck you Gibson.

Attached: HTB1EkdXXx_rK1RkHFqD761JAFXaT.png (520x400, 17K)

>buying headphones for looks instead of sound

Attached: 1539541363912.png (1650x928, 3.31M)

>buying headphones that you can't even bringh outside for looks instead of sound

>going out with full size headphones

Attached: Fennec_FoxAnime.png (864x931, 1.01M)

>beep boop
>sennheiser is my favorite headphone brand

Attached: hd-600-angled-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.14M)

God I wish that everyone who has ever owned a Sennheiser product would be killed off

same but for schiit.

This.

Attached: hd-600-design-3-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.16M)

Kill retard jbl owners too

Attached: sbaf_chink.png (640x537, 538K)

What can you expect from GUTB?

>complaining about etiquette
>on Jow Forums
KiLl yOuRsElF FAgGot

Yes
schiit.com/
bottom of the page

>Budget
about $130
>Location
United USA of America
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed with pretty good isolation
>Comfort level
I wear headphones like 24/7 so comfort is really important
>Sound signature
neutral
>Past headphones
SHP9500

Takstar Pro 82 has tiny shallow earpads so if you are sensitive to that don't listen to the shills.

Arent they not neutral though?

DT770

They are often said to be the best closed sidegrade for SHP9500 and the most comfortable headphones ever. I have both. Sound signature is tolerable, earpads are not.

Im not the guy who asked for headphones, but how would they sound if I boosted the bass for stuff like metal?

where does this autistic notion that metal needs EPIC BASS comes from?

pretty sure most of the energy in metal happens in in midrange, yeah, flat subbass is definetly nice so you can hear the bass guitar properly, but it isn't fucking EDM. Get something with a flat or dark sound signature.

Takstar Pro 82 already has slightly boosted bass.

Most sound systems benefit from elevated subbass. See Harman curves. Speakers are better with a tilted FR too

>budget
around 450
>location
United USA of America
>source
Computer
>type of headphone
Over ear
>open or closed
Closed
>comfort level
good comfort but not that limits audio quality.
>sound signature
neutral but if a factor, don't care.
>past headphones
TMA2

Is this good for a estat headphone? I can get it for less than the srs 3100

Attached: estat.png (638x343, 31K)

RAA graphs are useless

Really? Why? I compared their andromeda measurements to others and it looked fine
They have a big collection of measurements I was happy when I found their site

They don't post a compensation curve and their measurements for over ears usually look very different from most other reputable measurements.

good amp/dac combo for takstar pro 82?

Wow that really is retarded

I have a pair of Bose Ae2 and the code got ripped out and destroyed in the process. I bought a replacement cord on amazon but now the music sounds like it’s being played from a phone in a portapotty. What’s going on?

Attached: D26B2300-1D90-4656-9F6F-4C0CE74BB920.png (600x639, 179K)

Just bought the ADI 2 DAC. This is the most amount of money I've spent at once in audio.
Will I get memed?

Yes. You literally can't tell difference from motherboard audio.

It's not like there's a lot of things that could go wrong there if it's a removable cable. Either your new cord is shit or you damaged something in the headphones (e.g. the jack or the contacts the jack is soldered to) when you yanked the cable.

Nope it sounds great. Good resale value too

>spending more on source gear than headphones

Attached: 1537383450738.jpg (395x472, 49K)

Fuck I hope the $10 cable is what’s wrong

You have a wrong Bog's meme.

High-end DACs are a scam.

Unless his motherboard has shielding problems or something. But in a blind test he would not be able to tell the difference between it and pic related, which is $30 and has a cheap Sabre ES9023.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 7K)

Please recommend some over hear headphones for use in an office setting, would like to spend under $200

Most electronic music doesn't have absurd bass requirements.

Shure SRH1540. Some bass boost down low, with a more even response in the midrange higher frequencies. It has isolation, unlike some of the Fostex OEM headphones in that price bracket.

That's not what Harman said or measured. Preferring a tilted in-room response reflects the non-uniformly increasing directivity of the loudspeaker. As expected, the speaker should still have a steady response axially. The in-room response of a speaker that could maintain constant directivity over a large bandwidth would be flatter in-room.
Olive's work indicated preferring elevated bass in headphones is a compensation for lack of tactile sensation*. Testing speakers in their heavily braced and damped listening room may yield a different result than in a room where wood flooring might rattle more.

*The Effect of Whole-Body Vibration on Preferred Bass Equalization in Automotive Audio Systems

pls

yggdrasil and ragnarok

UAE23 + CMoy

You really don't need one, unless something's screwed up in your audio chain. You might want to look into chi-fi offerings, because spending more money on source gear than headphones is just silly.
>Micca Origen+
>SMSL M3
>FX-Audio DAC-X6
>SMSL SD-793II

they're good, but you're paying a premium for a single dude to build them in the usa. there's comparable quality for cheaper.
/hpg/ and r/headphone crowd tend to be students or 20 somethings on smaller budgets living with or around others, headphones make more sense
hd598 cs or mdr-7506 with brainwavz pads
fostex 610 for neutral, massdrop tr-x00 for a warm/bass tilt, dt1770 if you're feeling suicidal. awkward price point for closed, 600-650 gets you a used aeon. consider comfy iems.
fiio e10k/q1mk2, smsl m3/idea
you did good, no need to buy anything else
hifidiy isn't any better than mobo audio

>hifidiy isn't any better than mobo audio
Neither are audiophile snakeoil dacs

I'll do it right this time.. looking for something fairly durable & aesthetic.
>Budget
300 GBP/400 USD
>Location
UK
>Source
phone/laptop
>Type of headphone
on ear wireless
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
comfortable enough for long sessions
>Sound signature
listen to all genres out there so no idea
>Past headphones
beats solo3, simply enjoyed the convenience of not having a wire or carrying a gigantic piece on my head

Ha, don't you know HD600 scale infinity with a kilobuck amp/DAC

>Will I get memed?
Do you plan on using the eq and crossfeed settings frequently?
If not, then you memed yourself already