>have bad hardware for their price
>lack customization
>not opensource
>not futureproof
>have loud keyboards
>require dongles
>send your credit card info to apple
>etc
Yet 95% of programmers and web developers use them. Why so?

Attached: f2f0fdb723e4ac070262a41ebb1b95080a688087b23aa7871876b8d246d86484.jpg (750x760, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

terry did not
terry was the smartest programmer ever

Based Steve-O poster

Where did you get those numbers? I have never seen a programmer using a mac.

>Yet 95% of programmers and web developers use them. Why so?
no they don't. you must be american or something and even then silicon valley freak if you think the number is 95%.

Because mac is better than windows and has more software support then linux

Because, to make mobile apps for the most profitable app store, you need to use either a Mac or a hackintosh. That's the simple reason.

he saw the macbook faggots in the university that got him into a 30 years of debt.

>95% of programmers
I've never seen a single programmer using a Mac?

Frontend webdevs, working with PS, and CSS/SASS, maybe, but not programmers.

> mobile apps

no does then anymore, people just use big 6-7 + their bank. that's it.

you need to hang out more with silicon valley lads whose breath smells like cum and are pythonistas. made with love in San Fransisco! (she/her)

Found the faggots not skilled enough to work in the bay. Must feel bad.

TechLeach pls go

i'm still on a 2012 mbp. i don't see myself trading up anytime soon, but that day will eventually come. so what do i move to then? i've no clue what is currently good hardware.

iPad

no as in non-apple laptop

>not skilled enough to work in the bay

Attached: received_1541808659202120_1512434093447.jpg (1536x2048, 262K)

Terry didn't use mac, so checkmate op

Terry used a desktop pc with a Xeon and 128gb of ram, fuck macfags

Attached: 790-2.jpg (141x138, 5K)

95% is an absolutely massive overestimation unless if you are in a SF coworking space.
The problem is specialization. Many dudes are sick front end designers, or high-level (in the assembly vs python way) progammers or whatever. A lot of them like the whole UNIX toolchain but would like to pay out the ass for overpriced hardware because for them, the cost of learning how to use those applications is too much effort. Rightly or wrongly, they'd rather use macOS to that end.

Oops, forgot to mention what I say by specialization - Lot of guys who design for the we but don't know how to host a server or even tell you what DNS is. For some people, they get paid for a small, specific task and they don't care to learn other stuff.

>Yet 95% of programmers and web developers use them. Why so?
wrong. that would be only 27%, according to the latest stack overflow survey. for comparison, linux is at 23%.
insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018/

Because the company pays for them and buys at a good discount. Also battery life.

NPCだから。

95% of people are retards. It checks out.

>>overpriced
>>have bad hardware for their price
These two mean the same thing.

Because that's false and evident when you really know about electronics and software (I.e. not the autist mud)

Devs also make decent amount of money to buy better tools than neckwear fat neets in this sub.

You want to source that number of yours?

>Found the faggots not skilled enough to work in the bay. Must feel bad.

Attached: (you).jpg (500x761, 18K)