>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 1511797505341.png (820x729, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/products/panasonic-sc-ak300-mini-system-series/specs/
github.com/Chiiruno/OneeChan
youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
tex.stackexchange.com/questions/289477/underfull-hbox-badness-10000
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are the newly released Intel 9000 CPUs affected by the exploits like Spectre and whatever the others were called?

I have a laptop for classes and a desktop at home. What software can I use to make programming easier while at home and being able to bring my projects back to class?

Attached: 1539353999009.jpg (1001x1147, 59K)

Yes.

Is there a voice changer that doesn't SUCK ASS?

Attached: PnjMGy0n_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Meltdown was one of the 3 original spectre variants. It has been patched. Everything else is still dependent on software defenses, which aren't bulletproof but seem good enough for now. The patch for meltdown was the only one with a significant performance hit. It was also recommended that people disable hyperthreading for the later exploits, but nothing below an i9 has hyperthreading in the 9xxx gen.

So that performance hit still applies to the 9000 series then?

Do you guys have a reinstalling Windows preoaration checklist or something like that?
I'm doing a major hardware upgrade and I will have to reinstall my 3+ year old Windows installation.

I feel like there is so much shit that have accumulated on my current install that I need to keep in consideration.

I'm assuming it's the only thing they fixed in hardware specifically so it WOULDN'T keep having a performance hit.

Not really. Depending on the version of windows you probably want to prune shit or get updates working. Otherwise just copy any bookmarks you want and run ninite.com and you're good.

is this an OK stereo (with two 100W speakers) to replace shitty low quality PC speakers with for $15 ?

cnet.com/products/panasonic-sc-ak300-mini-system-series/specs/

Attached: 20181020_125915.jpg (2320x4128, 1.55M)

Asking again from last thread;

Does WhatsappWeb track your cookies/bowser history when opened in a desktop?

What's the best free word processor? WordPad sucks ass and fuck if I'm paying for Microsoft Word.

Attached: phillip.png (50x48, 1K)

ignore link, didnt see nigger youtube put wrong model number on that shit

I recently switched from Greasemonkey to Violentmonkey, and this old Jow Forums styling script I was using gives me this error now.
I need to click OK each time I load a page on Jow Forums which is really annoying, obviously.
I don't know what it means, I'm not a progammer and I imagine fixing the core issue or whatever would be difficult since the script is unmaintained. I just want the message to not show up.

Here's the script:
github.com/Chiiruno/OneeChan

Attached: error.png (653x499, 5K)

>youtube
google.... fuck i need to sleep

Libreoffice

add this to uBlock under "My filters":

@@||boards.Jow Forums.org^$csp

How can I filter the fucking Internet. Like I want an add-on or something similiar to check if a specifc word or query is used and then hide the element or give me a warning something like that.

what I do is just ssh into laptop from desktop at home, alternatively if windows related, remote desktop. basically just do all the class stuff you gotta do on laptop from your desktop

You da man.

Attached: .gif (500x500, 800K)

Why must uMatrix cuck me with reCaptcha, I use Vivaldi

Attached: 1522945264119.jpg (971x753, 102K)

I just update my drivers, but now a few pictures display as black in thumbs in explorer

My graphics:
AMD Radeon R5 M230 (after update now says AMD Radeon HD 8500M)
AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics

I already trried unistall current drivers, but didn't works. By a strange reason, I don't have this problem in safe mode

Attached: 576.png (1366x554, 600K)

delete windows thumbnail cache

how?

What makes script languages like Python better for small programs like automating stuff?
Comparing to languages like Java/C#

As expected of an AMD Radeon user

Done, but didn't works. Now I can see a few grey lines and dots into the black

Dude, now I can't see those pictures using Windows Photo Viewer, I must to use edit paint to view the picture.

Attached: 1523756936055.png (1200x1600, 1.03M)

Reboot your PC, retard

What's the best graphics card for under £500? I want a noticeable upgrade to my 1060 6gb and don't want to pay crazy prices.

That's not really the right question to be asking. You need to decide what you're looking for based on your hardware, mostly your intended monitor. If you were just running 1080/60, you probably already have the ideal card.

>noticeable upgrade to my 1060 6gb and don't want to pay crazy prices
there are none

I posted this in /ag/ but it went down before I could get a response.

Anyway, I've got a question about speaker wiring. Currently I'm running 2x Polk tsi200 on an smsl ad18 amp with a polk psw108 on the sub out jack. Since these speakers are too big for my desk, I bought a set of micca covo-S speakers. I'm going to move the sub to the desk, and wire the miccas through the outputs on the back of the sub.

My question is this: in the future, if I have the ad18 connected to the tsi200s, and the sub connected to the amp, and the miccas connected through the sub, will it A) overload the ad18, B) still act like 2.1 stereo but with 2 speakers on each channel, C) even work at all?

It's a hefty question but I'd appreciate the help

I already did it, now I am able to use Windows Photo Viewer to see again these error picture, but the black stuff still

Any idea if this driver updating only affected my files before this updating or I will still having this problem with future pictures that I save from internet?

Asking cause if ithis only affected the previous files before the updating, I think that I can not have a lot problems: as I said, this black stuff only affected a few pictures per folder. I just must to select the error picture and edit it using paint, then just save again the pic and remplace the current one. It seems works. Pic related a fixed picture with this method.

Attached: 1536079644213.jpg (2048x4096, 1.01M)

I've never built a computer before and don't know much about it but I'm looking at the "Great AMD gaming build" on pcpartpicker and can't seem to find anything about a disc reader. I had a look at adding an optical drive but none seem to be compatible, is there an optical drive built in to one of the other parts or do I need to change something to make it compatible?

That's because the case used in the build doesn't have a front opening for an optical drive. Just choose another case.

Oh right, that's pretty simple. Thanks.

>optical drive
>[current year]
unless you want to watch DVD or Blurays on your PC for some stupid reason, you dont need this.

watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

I am Nevermind that I said:
With this method I can see the normal thumbail, but when I want watch the picture using Windows Photo Viewer the whole picture turn black and sometimes I can see it normal.

Attached: 1535490034180.jpg (1012x1432, 686K)

You know in the old days when your mouse collected dirt, grit, shit, and hair, and you had to clean it off because if you didn't and if you wanted to move left, the mouse would bank a jagged right?
I get similar movements to that, except it's a laser mouse or whatever (it doesn't have a ball) and at first I thought I had some kind of crumbs or whatever on the mousepad, but I don't. The only thing that ever solves it is unplugging the mouse and then plugging it back in. It happens most often when I first switch the computer on, but it's happened more than a few times when I've been in the middle of using it.
What gives, is it some driver thing or is just tough shit and I need to persist with it?

i dont even know what the fuck you're on about any more. just fucking use a restore point if shit aint working.

Displaying all 3 pixel colors exposes you to the maximum amount of harmful light. F.lux helps you within this range. Having unused pixels display zero light is useful in many cases, and many people already use dark modes to help with getting blasted by light. If microLED means that red green and blue pixels are produced individually as those colors, without micro white backlights, then we could avoid generating unnecessary frequencies entirely. Each pixel would only emit exactly what it needed to. But they're still tweaking shit, so it's hard to say what form the affordable version will take when it hits the market, especially in smaller screens.

Just sounds like your mouse is dying. Dualboot a Linux USB and confirm if you still have issues

If you like the case you can always buy an external CD drive that runs from a USB instead.

Is it a Razer mouse?
>start
>type device manager
>mouse
>right click
>properties
>power management
>uncheck allow computer to turn it off

>laser
>doesnt say brand/model
found your problem, buy a mouse that's not shit

Honestly it's only about 7 months old.

Not a Razer, it's a MSI DS200. Honestly I couldn't remember what kind it was, I've only been up 20 minutes.
Ironically I used a mouse I got as a free sample (you know those tiny ones that are uncomfortable as fuck and are barely big enough for two fingers?) for about 2 years without any issues at all (except the comfort thing).

stay the fuck away from laser mice. your mousepad is probably not compatible.

Guise, what's the best browser for your phone?

Attached: smug anime4.jpg (880x496, 32K)

>web browsing on a phone

>he carries his desktop PC everywhere

Thanks!

firefox with ublock

are you having difficulty understanding how someone could walk outside and /not/ want to browse the web?

I use the DDG one

lol spastic

Theres bunch of shit to do outside other than "browsing web"

Why doesn't this get rid of all the annoying warnings after compilation? Urls have long-strings-like-this in them btw.
tex.stackexchange.com/questions/289477/underfull-hbox-badness-10000

READ THE FUCKING LINK YOU KEEP POSTING
THE ANSWER IS POSTED

I have another somewhere, I'll dig it out and see if it makes a difference. Thanks.

or just tell us what the fuck you're using under the mouse
>inb4 directly on shiny desk without pad

I meant a different mousepad, not a different mouse.

what kind of mousepad, and does it have any design or colors?

Usually it's just because it takes less time to write in Python and the file ends up being fewer lines. You could write them in Java/C# just fine but it might take slightly longer to type it all out.

It's a kind of plasticky thing, I have one of those like soft foam type ones from the late '90s somewhere though, that's the one I'm looking for.

yeah, most probably thats why it's not working. laser mice only like solid colored cloth pads.

That more than likely explains it then, thanks a lot fren.

any help is appreciated

>obnoxious intermittent microstutter on everything
Could this be because my C drive is too full? My ram and processor aren't hitting too high levels.

Windows 10 right? It's happening to everyone right now

Is there a way that I can set custom window borders for a window?
I want to have some cute anime border for all of my windows, but no clue how.
Any ideas / suggestions / recommendations are welcome, especially things such as "kys"! :)

nah, 7

Why is this thing saying good if there are 200 reallocated sectors?
Or am I just reading this wrong?

Attached: Snip.png (664x389, 42K)

wouldnt surprise me if that's why. fucking windows shit

Not on my machine

How do I encrypt an unlimited google drive storage so I can mount it locally?

I'm getting that on W7 too, but I think it's because of my AV, which is why I got rid of it last time.

Oh shit, I have the same mouse.
If Windows 10, be sure you installed the right driver. There's 2 drivers for the same mouse

I've only heard the term "ricer" in relation to suping up asian make/model cars, is this the same usage that I see on this board except regarding computers?

That's where it comes from, but it generally means doing "improvements" (always debatable) to visuals at the cost of performance; or, at the very least, without increasing performance one bit.

moved over some stuff to D so I've got

should i worry about the error distributed com on event viewer windows 10? what does it mean?

You're reading it wrong. SMART values start out high and get lower. 200 of 200 means 0 sectors reallocated and the warning threshold is 60.

Fennec from F-Droid. is also acceptable. Everything else is botnet.

I haven't used my desktop in a couple weeks and when I went to last night it was turning on for a second and then it'd shut off and restart. I tried reseating everything and I found out if I have both sticks of my ram in my computer won't boot. It gives a beep code for not detecting ram. Anyone know what could have caused this? It boots with on 1 stick in either slot.

both sticks work (one at a time)?

What's the website that lets you see which DMCA complaints have been made to your IP address?

Is Firebase a meme? What are some real-world usages of it?

Yeah, it only gives the beep code when I have both in. They work either slot with only 1 in

Is SpeedFan still fucked or can I use it now without being banned on steam?

What other alternatives do I have to keep my fans at 100% for that sexy turbo jet noise?

At what point do you start getting diminished returns from increasing internet speeds?

I have 100 mgbps internet but if my laptop isn't even that good I feel like I'm spending on more than I need

check memory settings in bios and set it to something you know works instead of auto

when your modem/router/network card or the servers you download from max out.

I've never messed with that, but I'll look into it. The computer is several years old too. Any idea what might have caused the problem?

never heard anything like this but im not very good at troubleshooting hardware problems in the first place.

did you try swapping around the sticks to try all stick/slot combinations?

Yeah, I only have 2 slots unfortunately.

Swapping out a faulty fully-modular power supply with an exact copy thanks to the warranty.

Can I just swap the boxes but keep the original cords plugged in so I don't have to unhook everything or should I replace all the cords as well?

just turn up your fans in the bios

how do you thank someone who's sold you an item on ebay? thanks for the ____ (deal/transaction/sale? is there a better word?)

english is hard

if it's same model, yes.
never mix cables from other models.

"Thanks." and leave them a positive rating.