Performs the same as a 1080

>performs the same as a 1080
>costs the same as a 1080

Great progress you made there in 3 years nvidia.

Attached: rtx 2070.jpg (1603x803, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H0L3OTZ13Os
youtube.com/watch?v=0dEyLoH3eTA
youtube.com/watch?v=mFSLro_OXLQ
amazon.com/EVGA-RTX-2070-Black-Graphics/dp/B07J9L4HC2/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487413
evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-1071-KR
web.archive.org/web/20180617132107/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support
web.archive.org/web/20180624075310/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_11_support
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
devblogs.nvidia.com/introduction-turing-mesh-shaders/
agentsmithak.tripod.com/halo2_xp_patch.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But muh ray tracing.

>Uses DLSS, 1080 doesn't
>Uses ray tracing, 1080 doesn't

it's actually more expensive

Attached: 1535009116360.jpg (600x676, 56K)

>>Uses DLSS
>>Uses ray tracing
Can I have a list of games that support these features right now?

Not same, but 5-10% faster than 1080.
But that price range though. Its 9000000 in my country (yes im an ESL)
Just got 1080 for 6000000. No regrets at that price.

The 2070 doesn't use any of those either lmao

>2070
>switch Ray Tracing on
>15fps
OY VEY IT'S PHYSX ALL OVER AGAIN

>30 FPS at very very low 1080p res
RTX was a flop

>Turn on Ray tracing
>It now performs 1080% worse in games
Good progress Nvidia

>Performs the same as GTX 1080 Ti
>Costs $499 vs $699 GTX 1080 Ti

OP IS A FAGGOT

Attached: 101928.png (678x400, 31K)

I wonder how much a good partners' 2070 will cost compared to a decent used 1080ti

It's cheaper for them to manufacture, they're earning more money.

Worry not, soon enough a driver update will add some now-required bloat to slow the 1080 and all will be fine.

Nice cherry picking, retard.

AMD needs to bring something comparable to Ryzen to the GPU world for anything to change. Otherwise nVidia will sit on its laurels and continue to milk consumers (read: gaymers)

If anyone hasn't watched this yet..
youtube.com/watch?v=H0L3OTZ13Os

and youtube.com/watch?v=0dEyLoH3eTA

>performs the same as a 1080

Attached: relative-performance_3840-2160.png (500x970, 52K)

>costs the same as a 1080
It costs almost $200 more

>4k

Attached: 1470457029422.jpg (263x383, 41K)

>no gaymes

checkem vega 64

1080 TI has better performance and supports SLI, which the 2070 doesn't. I would be very surprised if anyone buys the 2070..
I may consider actually upgrading to the 1080 TI this year.
I wonder if AMD will show up in a year or so

It's a 1080 with Tensor cores, cores that need DX12 to actually be seen by games, how many native DX12 games are there currently?

Now show the DX11 benchmarks, aka the API that every new PC release has featured for almost a decade, and will continue to feature as long as Windows 10 is absolute sales poison

Raytracing? More like Gaytracing ammirite?

Attached: 1539771757289s.jpg (125x100, 2K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mFSLro_OXLQ
If you artificially slow down the older card, it is progress. ;)

Attached: 1523552253729.jpg (525x516, 73K)

My GPU picked a hell of a time to die. Fuck Nvidia

a man child made this post

>Nvidia holds back DX11
>Finally releases a DX12 card after TEN YEARS
>it sucks because they held back DX12
Leather jacket snakeoil salesman at work.
Never buy Nvidia.

>update 1080's drivers
>now 2070 performs better than the 1080

>My GPU picked a hell of a time to die. Fuck Nvidia
Ahaha you're fucked

>rtx
>raytracing
pick one, FAKE MOAR RAYS != actual raytracing

Indeed. I do not have words that can adequately express the rage I feel right now

Perfect time, you mean?
Vega56 for only $370 is insane.

Not for gaming as primary use. I need fucking cuda. Otherwise I would be all over vega. I may get one anyway since I have a few applications for opencl and vega rocks that

i take it the ROCm work to port CUDA doesn't perform well enough yet?

With the plethora of 1070ti on sale, RX570/580 that are stupid cheap on run-out and Vega finally at or below retail, it's a great time to buy a new GPU. Stop buying into FUD.

Nope. Soon though(amd corporate motto). Everybody hates nvidia at this point and wants out of cuda compute exclusivity

Then get a Pascal card. It's not as though their cuda cores just fucking fell off with the release of their successor.

I probably will if I can't find a 2080ti by weds. Even 1080ti are sold out locally.

Creationlet here, is it feasible to go multi GPUs? A pair 1070ti seem to be going for 1080ti prices.

>GTX 1080 $599 launch price
>RTX 2070 $499 launch price
>Cheaper and much better performance than GTX 1080

OP IS A FAGGOT

Yeah. I am looking into it. Though they are sold out locally too. I may be buying 2080's ugh. Nobody wants those cards.

If they are the same price, which one do i buy?

Acutally 2070 is faster than 1080. It performs more like a RX Vega 64 but eats less power at load.

Turing is better at DX12 and HDR then 1080.

DLSS and Ray-Tracing are meme-tier non-sense.

2070 would be killer deal if Nvidia sold it at $499.

It is sold at $499, faggot

amazon.com/EVGA-RTX-2070-Black-Graphics/dp/B07J9L4HC2/

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487413

evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-1071-KR

Many other brands also sells at $499

Nvidia war the GPU war because of mindshare not so much from technological prowess.

G8x is what allow Nvidia to weather the Fermi decable enough for Kepler to do damage control. Tahiti failed to turn the tide around.

Maxwell was the final nail in the coffin. Hawaii was performance competitive but it was too late.

>AMDoredTV

Not even close. Turing is a different micro-architecture from Maxwell/Pascal. (It is really just a tweaked Volta geared towards graphics)

Turing completely destroys Maxwell/Pascal at DX12, HDR and FP16 (Where GCN was strong at).

Cool looks like they went fast at that price.

> Cherry-picks SKUs that are out of stock not on what you get can you hands on.....

you can buy a used 1080ti for like $50 more though

Yeah people using redshift Are seeing up to 60% reduction in rendering times on turing cards vs. Pascal. That is without any optix code

>an nvidiot shill appears

>cast fact
>its very effective
>you won

and the little shill was never heard from again

The main advantage of turing is that integer ops run in parallel to floating ops. For a theoretical code that alternates floats with integers the performance went up 2x, and that's before better ipc, clocks, core count, bandwidth etc.
In two years turing is going to be ~2x faster on newer games

a.k.a Nvidia's version of Async shading.

The funny part is the GCN shit will start to distance themselves from Maxwell/Pascal as a result. It is as if Nvidia doing "planned obsolescence" again.

>Async shading
That's connected to it but a level higher, effectively doubling thread count for perfectly divided workloads. I don't think gcn has this.
What you are referring to is multiple queue hardware scheduling, which indeed was amd only before turing and why amd gpus gained so much with vulkan/dx12.

a better explanation, it's hyperthreading for gpu

Unless it can do more than just give the 1080's a couple scratches in games that actually exist, it doesn't matter how bad these destroy the last gen in compute functions, take those away, and these are OC'd 1080's and 1080ti's in games - GAMES - everything else doesn't matter, all that matters is how well these perform in current games with API's that actually exist, and they are absolutely nothing special in those, ESPECIALLY given the prices. DX12 and Vulkan/OGL haven't ever really existed in the AAA space, and Nvidia mysteriously deciding DX12 might matter now won't change the fact that Windows 10 is keeping publishers/devs from repeating DX10 mistakes by announcing Windows 10 exclusivity

web.archive.org/web/20180617132107/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

Windows 10 has been out since 2015, and there's a whopping 21 AAA games using DX12, with half of those being a dual-DX11/DX12 release, and a chunk having a really shitty DX12 mode patched-in later in life, and the majority of these games were made with either Microsoft or AMD funding to show off their tech of choice. The reputation of Windows 10 will ensure we will NEVER have DX12-only games until it's on an OS that people actually want to use, and according to Steam hardware stats, Windows 7 is still what half of Steam users use, this also doesn't account for pirates who are probably on an eternal KMS'd installation either

It's also weird how Wikipedia deleted both this AND the list of DX11 games, I'm guessing someone decided this wasn't really a good look when you could compare both lists

web.archive.org/web/20180624075310/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_11_support

There was a strong bunch of DX11 games within the first year of 7 launching, and by the time people realized 7 is actually ATTRACTING users, the list explodes with all sorts of major AAA names once you hit 2011

Posting this does nothing but show that you have no answer that doesn't make the 20 series look bad.

it has nothing to do with windows 10, dx 12 really sucks on preturing nvidia and that's the reason, there was no performance gain (or even a penalty) and stability is horrible. On maxwell and pascal full async queue is emulated on a cpu
>Windows 7 is still what half of Steam users use
60.17%
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Pascal is going to age very fast because turing finally has true dx12 support

devblogs.nvidia.com/introduction-turing-mesh-shaders/

>2070 outperforms 1080ti
At a guess, is HDR on? Pascal sucks at HDR.

DLSS would be godly if you can inject it into any game you want

It doesn't perform the same as a 1080.
It's also 3x more powerhungry and runs 1.5x hotter.

Windows 7 is going EOL next year. Developers are going to using be DX12 and new games will no longer be supported under Windows 7.

Windows XP met the same fate when it finally hit EOL. Post-EOL Window XP-era games no longer work correctly. They either require dependencies that are no longer supported on XP or the games are coded in native x64.

Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein: New Colossus show the future.

Turing completely mops the floor over its predecessors. Dated GCN SKUs are faster expect for 1080Ti which matches to keep due to brute force.

Imagine buying a card in 2018 that doesn't support Raytracing.

I plan on getting a 2070 when it drops below $600 dollary doos.

$900 -$1100AUD for the mid range card, get fucked.

Capitalism, hoe.

in about 3 more driver releases the 2070 will mysteriously outperform the 1080ti

DLSS looks like dogshit. Raytracing is really cool but it will be years before the perf and game support is there.

It needs to be trained by their algo on a per game basis. I will bet that you can force it though by renaming the game executable, like what used to be done with SLI.

No, it's like the single game where Turing performs in accordance to its price tag. It's entirely unrepresentative of overall performance.

>I will bet that you can force it though by renaming the game executable
You cannot, DLSS is implemented into the game itself. It's not a driver profile.

Poorfag here. When is the 2060 coming out?

buy a used 1080

>You cannot, DLSS is implemented into the game itself. It's not a driver profile

nvidia said they are pushed out through driver updates, with profiles for each game being made

Yes, but DLSS is controlled and enabled through the game itself, not through the driver profile. The game also has to use the DLSS API, it's just that training data is not delivered through the game.

now that nvidia has gotten around to implementing fp16 functionality will more gayms start using it?

>Developers are going to using be DX12

They dont even use DX 11 let alone 10 retard. Thanks feminism!

t. brainlet

Used GPUs are for poorfag++. Regular poorfag here. Noone seems to have a release date and the rumour is that it will only have 5GB RAM.

Windows 7 can go EOL all it wants, but this doesn't mean devs have to stop using DX11 either, because much like how the transition from XP to Vista involved a lot of people keeping their X1950's and such, it can also be assumed not EVERYONE on 10 has a GPU that supports the full DX12 spec, so while devs don't have to support 7, they don't have to dump DX11 either, and because they sat on their asses too long after 10 launched, every major studio is gonna have to keep using dual-DX11/DX12 games while they transition, because outside of the mentioned studios, most big AAA names haven't even bothered with DX12, and it's gonna be a slow learning transition, if one even takes place

The Windows 10 kernel isn't radically different from 7's either, so unless some game makes use of a vital Windows 10 function (i.e. Windows store games that their target audience would rather play on a console), devs would have to resort to a pretty blatant software lock like they did with the Halo 2 PC port, which actually ran BETTER on XP because it was a DX9 game in disguise

agentsmithak.tripod.com/halo2_xp_patch.html

1080 will run better than a 2060 family

Wait for Navi.

More like
>performs 10% better than a 1080
>costs 30% more than a 1080

>buying nearly dead crypto miners