What's the Jow Forums verdict?

What's the Jow Forums verdict?

Attached: sony-xperia-xz3-render-3.png (1425x1152, 391K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dqlaDFwOaJI
puri.sm/products/librem-5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lame.

they should have stayed with the old form factor. But they gave in and started following trends.

If you don't follow trend you don't make profit.

All the faggots whining about the XZ1 form factor are the ones that buy Samsung every generation indiscriminately anyways, Sony, if anything, has lost sales due to this move.

I bought it on launch day on a whim. It's like the pixel, with a worse camera, but a much better form factor and no notch. The screen is comparable with the ones from Samsung. AMA

That's the new Sony for you

Have it. Pretty nice.

However, having used every XZ through XZ3 (apart from the XZs), I really wish they would have kept the form factor of the XZ1 and put the XZ3 screen on it instead. Finger print reader on the side was such a magnificent placement.

Beyond that, top notch screen, Android P before almost everyone else, the usual minimal Sony UI. Sadly it's held back by their awful image processing. Get your shit together, Sony.

I hope the ZX3 Compact gets community support, still rocking my Z5 Compact because the ZX1c and ZX2c didn't fit the bill.

Why does Jow Forums like xperias so much

Flagship price for non-flagship package. Camera is shit as usual.

i like them because compacts are a thing

Battery is a HUGE letdown. Otherwise is a good phone.

if it had a headphone jack, i would have gotten one over the note 9.

Quick updates, good (underrated) hardware, relatively clean interface, if they have bullshit features you can easily disable them. They also have very good very good value outside the US, since they're a relatively niche brand. I got the the XZ3 on launch day for 650 euros and a friend of mine just bought the XZ premium on the local Craigslist-like website for like 150 euros. If they didn't have the crappy DRM policy when unlocking their bootloaders, I think they would be the go to tinkerer's phone since they offer kernel sources and tutorials for building AOSP for them.

See Exactly why I love them. Would also like to add the fact they make their Compact series with flagship specs. Every other manufacturer think smaller screens are only used for the shitty mid to low end range for some reason.

Because Compacts are the only things i can buy in this shitty 9999" phone era

>no notch
lol virgin phone deluxe

this. They could have stayed with the omnibalance design and just try and reduce the bezels a little and it would have been great, but no, they fucked up

This makes me want to second guess getting a Sony camera to go with my XZ1 Compact

Pre-XZ2 xperias are the thinkpad of smartphones

>no keyboard
it's shit

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I've got a XZ1 Compact and it's kinda uncomfortable to hold, especially in landscape. The sharp edges dig into your hand. I tried a XZ2C at a store and the rounded shape of the it made it much comfier to hold.

How's the battery life?
And are there any noticable bugs?
Is it worth the money?

No CDMA no buy

> Jow Forums is NOT your consumer review site

>no 3.5mm jack
>no microsd

Into the trash it goes

It's got microSD, though.

If you buy iOS you buy an iPhone
If you buy android you buy a pixel
Third party unsupported in a day trash.

I bought the XZ1 Compact when my Z3 Compact died and it's a downgrade in most departments besides raw power. As you have noted, especially the sharp corners suck.

youtube.com/watch?v=dqlaDFwOaJI
There's hardly any difference between the XZ3 and XZ2. I was looking to get a new phone this year and when I searched for XZ2 prices they are nearly the same as the XZ3 too. I'm in the UK though and prices here are generally a ripoff. Is this nonsense also happening in other markets?

Attached: aieB7Mzi4[1].jpg (1200x1200, 81K)

I've had both the z5c and the full size z5 (which I use now) and with linage they are the comfiest phones I've ever used

>not recognizing the alfa of the modern phone
puri.sm/products/librem-5/
Stay cucked with a locked radio processor that you can't disable and ARM chips that run unknown firmware and modules.

Librem 5

Attached: phone.png (411x629, 215K)

>this call is encrypted
What the fuck does that even mean?

The Matrix platform. Traditional calls will utilize the Signal framework I believe.

I currently own a OnePlus6 and I just put my preorder in for this phone.

It will be the first uncucked unbackdoored phone on the hardware and firmware levels.

Never settle for microprocessors and radio chips with imbedded backdoors.

Attached: KHOP6256MIR_1.jpg (600x400, 19K)

Instead of having multiple apps for every service you just need to develop the backend to interface with the omni apps for the phone.

The devs will then only focus on polishing the system and core system apps while others focus on the backend communication over shit like Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger or IRC.

Harmony in a focused polished system.

Attached: collab_eco.png (1180x736, 90K)