AUDIO

GENERAL AUDIO THREAD
>headphones
>amplifiers
>non-Harman speakers
>retarded cork-sniffers who unironically use vacuum tube amps

Audiophile retards and powered monitor cultists fuck off to the other thread full of lonely samefagging.

Today's topic:
Good small speakers

Attached: Speakers-Are-Gud.jpg (540x720, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stereophile.com/content/music-hall-marimba-loudspeaker
stereophile.com/content/usher-audio-technology-s-520-loudspeaker-measurements
youtube.com/watch?v=451gaOYVj4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PREVIOUS non-cancer THREAD:

Attached: 001.jpg (1001x926, 281K)

jesus christ you fucking retard what is wrong with you

my favorite are the cheap ass sonys

Attached: mb150h.jpg (1500x1085, 367K)

Marimba by Music Hall were quite good. They don't make them anymore but they can be found for about $150 online used. Not much to look at and no bass but they're tiny and musical and better than most.

stereophile.com/content/music-hall-marimba-loudspeaker

Attached: Music-Hall-Marimba.jpg (2419x3179, 1.12M)

qAcoustics is probably compatible with perhaps better drivers and less expensive

Attached: qAcoustic 1010.jpg (900x900, 73K)

>making duplicate threads
Let this one die please

qt

Rate

Attached: ME1-Gallery-TitaniumSilver-Face.png (1000x600, 207K)

> fuck the memes
These are decent, esp for ~$100

Attached: Pioneer BS SP22LR.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Music Hall is the North American distributor for Epos loudspeakers, many of which have found great success in the US. One of Epos's most affordable designs, the ELS-3 ($299/pair), was reviewed by Robert J. Reina in our January 2004 issue and held a place in Class C (Restricted LF) of our "Recommended Components" until it was discontinued, in 2009.

Had he entered the speaker market sooner, Hall would have been competing against himself—something that smart businessmen try to avoid. With the popular ELS-3 gone for good, and Epos making a turn up market, Hall sensed an opportunity.

On the face of it, Music Hall's strategy makes sense, but I've been told by several leading loudspeaker manufacturers that the time has passed for affordable passive bookshelf models, and that audiophiles now shopping for a sub-$500/pair speaker are more interested in powered desktop designs. What would Roy Hall say to those manufacturers?

"They may be right," he admits, "but as I never talk to them, I wouldn't know. I make decisions based on what I like to do. I've always loved two-way speakers. They fuck up the sound much less than more complex designs."

>only $13,000
>$1000 x 13
fuck that

ive heard these at best buy - they're good and larger but fit on bookshelves

pic unrelated

Attached: DhmgbKMV4AA-Lxc.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

These have no bass but they are excellent for music. Expensive but not real expensive ~500. From a maker of very high end larger speakers with ceramic and beryllium tweeters.

stereophile.com/content/usher-audio-technology-s-520-loudspeaker-measurements

youtube.com/watch?v=451gaOYVj4M

Attached: usher s520.jpg (1024x682, 82K)

whathifi says their kinda flat tho texture is good
mmm... meh

low on the WAF scale

martin logan motion with the supertweeter

Attached: motion.jpg (528x600, 33K)

totem rainmaker or model one would be better in that price category

Attached: vvkkg5a55dve.jpg (3264x2448, 1M)

>All this bookshelf shill

actual thread

>$700 for a 4-inch driver kinda speaker
fuck you Peachtree

Attached: wtf.jpg (1893x957, 277K)

You're paying for the lacquer finish, lol.

yeah no

Those have good woofers and tweets.

my nigga. i have 4 of those in my hometheater paired with their bigger tower brothers and a center channel from, the same series

their like $1000 on ebay
so nevermind

how are they with acoustic music like guitar and saxophone

What are the best budget stereo receivers/amps nowadays?

Are they still using fake Be tweeters?

Define budget.

You could also find something similar with dynaudio focus 110 but they're not always available. Very similar woofers and possibly the same tweeters. Dynaudio makes very refined tweeters without going overboard on cost.

I don't know. I always look for lower end speakers from "house sound" makers with very high end speakers. I think the problem with the Ushers is they couldn't reduce the price enough for their entry level stuff. That speaker should probably be in the $300 range because there's many in the $500 range that are much better dynamically.

honestly everything ive played through them has sounded impressive and natural sounding. though when im listening to music im normally using the two bigger towers and a subwoofer. but when ive used the meme 7.2 surround me with music mode its still sounded incredibly natural through all the speakers.

id say a low cost marantz, used
and qAcoustic 2010 or 3010 or something

Attached: QA_1010i_d4.jpg (1000x1102, 209K)

thanks for this review

Attached: 898.jpg (709x497, 56K)

It's some kind of silk dome. "Low end" beryllium drivers cost more than this speaker I think.

Rate

Attached: DmKpXfhW4AAOMuV.jpg (1200x628, 96K)

Nice Ass.

Pussy-whipped/10.

Probably below $400 or something, with sub out if possible.