Holy shit these temps... WTF how could Intel drop the ball so hard

Holy shit these temps... WTF how could Intel drop the ball so hard..

Attached: v3zl056ao5t11.png (1024x576, 252K)

Stop kvetching and buy one.

That actually beats the fermi.

I'm waiting for Zen 2. I'm not giving intel a single penny.

t. flame hyenard

>giving a shit about rapid iterative designs
yes goy buy another cpu and motherboard every year it's 5% faster

I'm still using a 6 year old processor. Looking for upgrading once Zen 2 is released.

Attached: 1539959781161.jpg (486x386, 49K)

Drop the ball? That's crazy talk. Intel fan basedboys will still buy their latest shit regardless of price. That's why objectively terrible and the most anti-consumer companies prosper.

same. i5-4670 STRONK

That's like worse case scenario results (16 threads being 100% loaded), you will never reach those temps in real world applications.

Holy fuck. Aren't processors supposed to shut off around 100C?

intel changed it to 110c for the new coffee lake

didn't they start soldering the IHS on again this gen? If it's TIM, I'm not surprised.

>115
shouldn't it throttle long before reaching that

Attached: 1421693724465.gif (599x334, 1.91M)

How such high temps affect cpu lifespan?

a boiling hot coffee lake, just as it should be.

yes, unless it's rated to throttle at a higher temp, and can withstand >100C temps

>115C
*sniff*
Hm... Whats that smell?

I reach 100% cpu utilisation everytime I apply updates on debian's kernel, everytime I synthesize my design at vivado(takes 45mins), everytime I have to compile a library, everytime I have to play a properly coded game, e.g. dota2 on vulkan+source, doom on vulkan/opengl+idtech, or even skyrim on their new engine version.
You have to realize that not everybody wastes his time posting screenshots of his riced tiled wm and urxvt.
Those reviews are on 22C ambient and the pos 9900k reaches 100C. Imagine what will happen once the summer comes.

>115

Attached: 1461226259654.gif (206x176, 370K)

Most CPUs will throttle well before 115C, but it depends on the how the motherboard / firmware is coded to handle higher temps. The same CPU can have different behavior depending on the mobo. You can also disable thermal limits and such usually via settings.

The 9900k per Intel spec shouldn't exceed 100C, but who knows what they told manufacturers.

Holy shit intel is truly finished. And i tought that they were holding back all this time cause AMD was shit, when in fact they are in complete chaos. They just make random products, refresh over refresh, absolutly hilarious to see intel crash and burn.. literally

new intel cpus throttle at 110c

Does that mean they don't degrade(too much) before that point?

linux must be really shit if you're getting 100% cpu usage from a 16 thread CPU just by installing updates or playing toaster games like dota.

Default config is 210w for the 9900k which probably means people's chips will reach 90°c+ with a decent cooler. It would be pretty sad if they already throttled at stock settings.
There's no reason why these chips would be less prone to degradation than previous chips at high temperatures as it's the same shit since 2014.

>reading comprehension
something that you lack

Nobody runs Aida664.

Those temps will never be reached in normal use.

*New* Stress testing doesn't matter.
*New* Comical thermals don't matter.
*New* Needing a minimum of a 280mm AIO doesn't matter.

You didn't refute my point. Shitposts don't count.

(You)

>A boiling hot coffee lake
The absolute perfect CPU for playing San Andreas

no, they just dont care about the consumer and want to sell chips asap

?

while we still have all these shill threads, the intel drones might as well make themselves useful

I haven't seen anything about lavalake memory compatibility. Is this still rated for the same low clocks as previous CPUs? Is there a review that has measured the impact of RAM clocks 2.133-4600 and timings 12-20?

It's called the 9900k because its temps reach 9900k

Not when not running stress test software

I have a 4670 as well.

You are like little baby
t. 2600k

The 7th and 8th gens have this issue and even spike to 100% usage for a second when opening basic apps. Even with half a million fans it always feels like summer in my house.

Gay Mans Next Ass gets his to 5.2Ghz without throttling easily. Meanwhile Hardware Unboxed cannot break 5.1Ghz.
GN always seems to have that golden sample. Hmm.

Yes
They literally couldn't get these clocks with tim.

What a dumb joke, your references suck ass and you're an ass.

>intel's next breakthrough are 300C chips that power the rest of your system with a built-in patented pressurized stirling engine

hw unboxed's chip isnt from intel samples. its from retail. not as cherrypicked as others got.

Attached: 1539981475745.png (1327x1222, 69K)

Jesus fuck this is even worse than the larergest pentium 4 housefires
At least fermi had the performance to back it up

Hardware unboxed only cherry picks benchmark methods.

See, much better temps than when running a temporary stress test.

Nobody overclocks CPUs, so overclock doesn't matter.

Who cares? You should be buying the new top end in 4 years when this one blows already anyway.

>FAIL

>85c, down from 103c
>100c (5ghz), down from 115c (4.9ghz)

It seems that you've failed to read

>A temporary test is somehow objectively useful
>FAIL

>Those temps won't be reached under normal load
>They aren't

Temporary stress tests are still useful. But they do fail to show regular use cases.

+1

>FAIL
>FAIL
>FAIL
>FAIL
>FAIL

>shitpost
>shitpost
>shitpost
>shitpost
>shitpost

Attached: 1539398556114.png (500x600, 197K)

I'm Refute me.

I'm buying Zen 2 btw

That's like trying to prove to someone Santa Claus isn't real.

Yeah I suppose there's no point in trying to reason with them. No matter how fair we try to be, some people refuse to see reason.

We all are.

Now compare it with Ryzen 9 Threadripper

I wait for Zen3/Zen2+ actually.
If Zen2 gets a similar path than Zen then it only makes sense to wait for them to master their new process.
Zen+ will be fine for a few years. Navi though? Might go for it.

STOP KVETCHING AND JUST BUY IT GOY

Attached: received_338481236710224.png (534x299, 89K)

>*NEW* OVERCLOCKING DOESN'T MATTER!

would temperatures above 100 degrees cause issues for liquid coolers?

By your logic you'll end up waiting forever.
Zen 2 actually makes sense waiting for not only because of the new node performance but stuff like hardware level vulnerability fixes. Waiting because they'll be something better coming is retarded even if you only upgrade every 5 years.

the fun part isnt that
the fun part is they used indium to solder it and even then while delided you need to buy sandpaper to grind it down to gain up to 5c

I will not upgrade every year even if each new gen gets a 20% increase in performance over the last. It's simply not economically sound.

What makes sense to me is to pick the last AM4 gen chip to make the most out of my board before getting to the next socket.

Threadripper is antisemtic

Remember when it was other way around?
Sandy bridge was ~30 idle, 60 load, AMD analog was 60 at idle.

Lava Lake when?

Has anybody done the math yet on the power density of these things?

Reason why I don't use Intel anymore.

>AMD analog was 60 at idle.
Never. There was literally no difference in idle temps. And even at load it wasn't that hot since despite being powerhog it wasn't hard to remove heat from the chip unlike 9900k. Sure, your room was getting hot, but chip temperature was fine.

show me 1 (one) benchmark where amd idles at 60

Saw this at Techpowerup earlier this week. The thread had like 3 pages of comments all defending the use of the snot TIM inside the chip, saying that solder does not matter / damages the chip.

Attached: Intel stuck in a rut.png (729x622, 393K)

>Coffee Lake-S Part 2

Attached: wut anime - smug.jpg (409x395, 38K)

>**NEW** Blender don't matter!
>**NEW** HandBrake don't matter!
>**NEW** Adobe Media Encoder don't matter!
>**NEW** Scientific workloads don't matter!
>**NEW*** AutoCAD don't matter

Attached: jryghseges.png (1200x675, 941K)

>"At least all the 24+ hardware security vulnerabilities are fixed" - Linus Shit Tips

WRONGGGGG!!!!! Only 1 is hardware, the rest is microcode+software

"Temporary stress test"
I have workloads that uses 100% of my 8 threads continuously for 160h. How is that temporary?

>tock
>tick
>tock
>tick
>tock
>tock
>tocktocktocktocktocktock(tick?)
>(tock?)

Please, for the love of god, PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE test again with IntelBurnTestV2

I want to see it reach 120

PFFFFFSTCHHH easy. All off these tests are on open-air testbenches

throw them into any case and overclock to 5GHz and you're done

Attached: 1539652815760.jpg (775x837, 49K)

>throw them into any case and overclock to 5GHz and you're done
INFERNAL

>ITT Intfail No Hopers still trying to justify shit products

wewsers

wew lad, those are some faggots getting memed on out there

Intel is its own meme these days.

>Sandybridge
>only 4c8t
t. 3930k

prove it

Won't be long until the list is too big for the internet

My heating isn't working properly. Is a 9900K a better choice than repairing my heating?

Hey man, if you've got the power supply and the computer for it.. As well as the price..

Just go for a space heater.

>intel finally solders their dies
>somehow it's shit and delidding still gets the chips 10 degrees lower
How?

Of course, intards are running amok on Jow Forums

Yet they charge you extra shekels for (((unlocking))) your cpu