I don't get this back and forth

I don't get this back and forth
is this one of the biggest cover-ups in history or is bloomberg just using shitty sources that use phrases like "muh mainframe" and "abstraction"

Attached: 2018-10-20_124525.jpg (657x563, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

risky.biz/RB517_feature/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not one (1) infosec researcher or hardware expert has corroborated Bloomberg's claims. It's a simple matter of buying any random server with a Supermicro board and unscrewing it open, and nobody has managed to find this ebin spy chip that Bloomberg's 17 anonymous sources were bullshitting about.

>bloom(((berg)))
For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, "Jow Forums was right again."

Attached: It's (((their))) fault I'm not popular!.jpg (750x415, 112K)

There hasn't been a single piece of corroborating evidence. There hasn't been a piece of evidence at all, actually. The entire story exists solely on bloomberg's site.

you understand if this is true the entire U.S econ goes straight into the dumpster right? no one would ever admit to this shit.

So are you an Apple shill, or a Chinese spy?

>escalating trade war with China
>story about China sneaking spy chips into servers appears
>dozens of anonymous sources
>absolutely no actual evidence
Standard issue gaslighting. Nothing to see here.

Attached: saddam-playing-banjo.jpg (432x439, 31K)

fake news!

are you a Bloomberg """""journalist"""""?

It's a very curious case.

All the evidence says Bloomberg's story is fake and their sources lied to them.
But Bloomberg is defending it to the end, they are not dumb they surely have something.

Try to follow the money. Those 17 "high level government sources" were probably NSA and DoD officials trying to get more funding for their agencies by scaring Congress.

>Risky Business Feature: Named source in "The Big Hack" has doubts about the story

It's a 18 minute podcast, in which the source distances himself from Bloombergs story.

risky.biz/RB517_feature/

So, there is that.
I do agree that it is most curious that Bloomberg is so persistent though.

I'm confident that there is at least some truth to it. If you ask me, it's most likely that they've been aware for some time, and likewise only used compromised hardware for lesser tasks, effectively preventing China from pushing the matter any further. Either they're satisfied with what they have, or they're not, but don't want to risk bringing too much attention to themselves.

I worked at an NSA command for the past two years. We had to get a router for one of our networks and it was mandated that it had to be made in the US. We went on GSA Advantage and got a router that was described as being made in the US, only to receive it and see a sticker on the box that read "Assembled in the UK" and of course, on the unit itself, "Made in China". I never did find out what happened after that, as I just left the service, but take that for what you will.

This idiot will find the Chinese bug and will sue and win Apple.

Attached: image.jpg (640x360, 180K)

They used to make lots of interesting articles that stayed away from politics with an interesting analysis and fresh interviews (and they still do) but since 1-2 years ago they started to host 'editorial opinions' that were shit and now this probably to get the attention and more profit.

>I worked at an NSA command for the past two years.
Are you allowed to talk about your experiences there?

As long as it isn't classified and doesn't impact the mission, sure. GSA Advantage isn't a secret, you can go there right now and look at the routers they have for open purchase.

was it that vietnamese dude that was responsible for the nsa tools leak because he brought it to his home computer illegally

when someone makes a claim like this, with the event affecting a massive scale, it helps to have some evidence that's physical

>hurr intel is gimping their cores
>can you show me proof
>hurr no

Not sure honestly. I haven't pried too deeply into that because that was outside of the scope of my daily duties. Have a link that may ring a bell for me?

Both, the CEO of Apple covering his/apples ass at all costs, meaningless.
This My company got hit last december, not hidden spy chips as far as I know. Viruses and other bad stuff, It was huge problem. I kept getting weird computer generated female voice mails in mandarin for some reason.

Their usual fake journalism just happened got out of hand. They're sticking to their guns because admitting fault would mean losing their s.o.y. credibility.

>anonymous sources said
is all the proof you need that the bloomberg article is bullshit, not ONE of those people provided any evidence, or was willing to step forward and put their country above their job? I find that very unlikely and I'm inclined to think it was a con job by a competitor to try and regain some market share since supermicro has been dominating for a while now.

not only that, but it goes against reality, if you're china you don't need shitty hardware backdoors when you can just stockpile 0days against the firmware directly. hopefully one of these companies sues bloomberg into the fucking ground over this.

Remember when north Korea supposedly hacked Sony. That was some bullshit. That reminded me of how there are always interests trying to pin it to either Iran, north Korea, China or Russia.

This story though, there might not have been any hack at all.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

he's a croney and his company is responsible for crimes that are yet to be defined in law but they will be - self-certified phone.. whats that about tim can't you test it first before exposing our brains to it...….

yeah we'd be going back to typewriters the next day (like russia had to). There's a reason the feds have blacklisted all chinese manufactured chips.

apple needs to be destroyed harder than a bunch of whining liberals on twitter.

They can’t just come out and admit they gave their data to the Chinese. Once Hillary won and the NWO was declared after they killed off most white males, the Chinese were to be the core of the global commie superstate and nobody would be asking these pesky questions.

As it is, they will probably execute the guy for treason eventually. Him, Zucc, and those Google kikes have all betrayed this nation.

well its ok nobody found all of those amd flaws bloomberg also revealed first from cts labs

Imagine being this dumb. Tim wants the story retracted because doing business in China is the top priority.

It was a paid hit piece so people could make some massive bank off stock prices.
These things are becoming remarkably common.

yeah this one sounds plausible
it’s not coming back up though so they still end up losing money

You can still make bank if you know it's going to tank.

>apple needs to be destroyed
Would you really want to live in a world where Samsung, Microsoft and Google have to copy each other?
The fact that Google's latest gabfest didn't need to mention Android once must mean something even to you.
The phone market will wind up like the PC market has. A static, monolithic design with creeping improvements and an OS that is prey to tens of thousands of exploits with no real incentive to fix them. Because you'll buy whatever they tell you to, sheep.

What were your daily duties? Some of the stuff NSA gets credited with is absolutely baller as fuck, like it's straight out of a movie script.

No, the chinks were spying but tech giants like Apple don't want you to believe that because it will shatter their reputation and make people second guess everything about their care for security.

probly some shitty billionaire had media outlets run the story so he can short the stock.

>because it will shatter their reputation
Why would it? It was already claimed they had noticed it and removed those products from their production lines.

It was perfect example of stock manipulation and Bloomberg eat the bait. That's why they have no evidence, but still are defending the article with all their might.

And then covered up a data breach for 4 years?

its not a data breach if nothing got stolen :^)

It should be easy to find at least one of these modified boards if the story was true by now.

should be roughly impossible to find a modified board at all, thats the weird part with the story.

Honestly, I had one of the most boring jobs there. I was an IT support guy, same thing I did when I was on ships before that. The thing is, I've been a fly on the wall in a lot of different places at a lot of different times, so I have a decent grasp of how the entire intelligence process works. The place I worked at was mostly geared towards building cyber defense infrastructure for our host nation, so we did a lot of joint exercises and such. Again, I worked at an NSA command, meaning that we weren't part of the NSA strictly speaking, but we did answer to them and occasionally we'd receive tasking from them.

What data breach?

Apple seem strangely concerned about burying this, normally they'd want something like an investigation into supermicro. Unless they feel it's damaging their cloud business?

Or maybe they don't want people looking too closely at their boards for "spy chips"

There could be a hundred spy chips in a motherboard and it'd still be incredibly unlikely that anyone would find them. I don't think anyone can even assert they aren't there with any confidence.

>Would you really want to live in a world where Samsung, Microsoft and Google have to copy each other?
apple only makes the most retarded shit, so it can't be worse

Why hasn't super micro sued Bloomberg for market manipulation?