Im thinking of getting an associates in network administration. Is this a good field to go into...

im thinking of getting an associates in network administration. Is this a good field to go into? I was thinking of getting a ccna also

Attached: 1471828378092.jpg (528x960, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ccnav6.com/
omnisecu.com/tcpip/index.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's dead with all the niggers and chinks with garbage cisco memes

>thinkpad/loonix user

Do it.
Everything is online. Take the cert exams. wont hurt to have them but it will hurt you while study since cisco is 10% tech and 90% learning ciscos BS ways to fail you.
Im taking these courses at univesity right now...

Pirated complete courses: ccnav6.com/
Cisco official site: Netacad.com

Attached: 1536144050392.jpg (588x647, 27K)

i heard it was a dying field is this true? and what do you mean by bs ways to fail you? is the fact its 90% cisco a bad thing?

Yes and no.
The job of the network manager will shrink for sure when IaaS gets a stronger hold on companies.
But the theory still stands and even if network managers wont connect stuff via physical cables, they will still connect stuff via the virtual interfaces.
And managing that with all it demands (Security, firewalls, routing, tunneling and similar) will still have to be done with someone who knows how
networking works!
In that way yes.. learning only Cisco is bad but thats a small price to pay since you still learn all the theories surrounding networking but with a Cisco twist.

And there is only one internationally acclaimed networking education and that is Cisco...
Sux but its true...

So with hard work i could make a good living in this field right? Thats my biggest fear. I love computers and networking but if im not even gonna be able to find a decent job and make a decent living its not worth it.

Network admins will always be needed, but the "traditional" net admin is changing due to things going to cloud services, etc.
Lean networking but also learn AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.

This is a huge problem, except replace niggers with pajeets. The Cisco certs are becoming worth less and less since you're getting "CCNP"s that can't even configure a basic switch. They somehow manage to study just the test, and retain none of the networking knowledge.
We hired a dude with a CCNA that had no idea how VLANs worked, or subnetting.

>associates
Waste of time. Get a bachelors if you want to do schooling. Diploma inflation is killing everything.

>AWS, GCP, Azure, Google, Redhat
Why corporations use botnet like this?

Ive looked at jobs and alot of network admin jobs say associates or higher so at least theyre accepting them. idc if theyre entry lvl thats all i need. ive seen ccna preferred on alot of these job listings also. however ill study for whatever exam is in demand at the time i graduate.

also what are some good technologies that are in demand right now besides cisco?

They can get excellent uptime and all the benefits of a massive redundant datacenter without having to sink the money in building/running one themselves.
As a corporation, if you want to host all of your stuff on-prem, you have to buy the servers, the redundant power/internet, and most expensively, the staff to maintain it. If you're not a large enterprise, it's often cheaper to just have another company handle that, and you'll have five nines of uptime without worrying about the 1001 things that feeding and caring for infrastructure requires.

It should not be a problem!
If you find an education that incorporates server administration as well then your set!
Since almost all bigger companies relies on IT you as a network admin will be needed.
Perhaps not as the admin but there will allways be work.
Consulting
Security implementation
Providing services like installing cables at different companies
Helping companies to upgrade their infrastructure
Working at one of the thousands companies delivering Windows backends to companies. (I know more than 10 companies here in my town that does this)

It all comes down to one thing.
How much can you save a company? Since the profits in IT at a company is not the service but the savings they can achieve by implementing them.
And if you are a really good Network manager you can see all the bottlenecks and present them and since everyone understands the language of money
you will not go without work!

But remember that this is a stress full job since the internet never sleeps

Yes, if you're driven and have a wide skill set, you won't have a problem making a decent living.
The ones in trouble are the guys who say shit like "hurr I just do networking, I don't need to know how any applications/servers work. I just move the bits from one place to another". That might have been just fine from 1995 to 2008, but things need to be much more integrated these days.

Look at Palo Alto devices (they do firewall/security stuff), Arista/Juniper for networking. Many companies are moving away from Cisco because they have become the Apple of networking. Decent product, but they've become too full of themselves and are charging insane prices for things that other companies offer at less than half the cost.

Enjoy dunking burgers in the fryer at MickeyD's.

ok, thanks guys. This helped me alot and im alot more confident about the field. i actually like the idea of the internet never changing and always having new stuff to work on. i was into computer programming for a while and they said the same thing. i feel like its harder for me now though with me not knowing nothing about networking. im studying this tutorial online omnisecu.com/tcpip/index.php and hopefully ill have a better understanding of networking before i start college and maybe have an advantage

Are you a full stack dev or just a NEET?

ipsec contractor

here in Aus ICT is glutted with n00bs with fullbottle CS degrees which mean nothing and pajeets with msce/ccna ebay certs.

You're better off getting a *literal* mcjob for a reliable and regular paycheck.

netadmin means anywhere you start will be helpdesk and all you'll do is the IT crowd routine all day.

Gud luck either way.

Hhmm.
Here in Sweden we have a massive lack of Network and server administrators so you will get a job in second line as long as you can talk to
people and you have some experience in windows or Linux on the server side.

>pajeets with msce/ccna ebay certs
This shit is a problem here in the US too.
I don't know why MS or Cisco aren't cracking down on idiots cheating to get certs. Every fraud out there with a cert makes that cert worth less, since it shows that you don't actually have to know anything to get it.

I see so many CCNP/CCIE "courses" based out of india because pajeets seem to think simply having that cert is the key to getting a well paying job and not just working in a callcenter.

I work for a massive enterprise, and there was some pajeet with a CCNP or some shit in another department who was literally unable to understand the concept of a low-bandwidth link bottlenecking part of a datacenter. He just started yelling in his indian accent about how we *had* to reboot everything.

so your saying a ccna isnt bad if you know what your doing vs just memorizing info for the test?

Experience is king in the IT world.
Certs are 2nd, but do make the best effort to actually learn the concepts and try them out while studying.
You can use cisco's packet tracer to get your feet wet with networking.

Go for it then. But I'd suggest a couple of things -
if you have an ict hobby (coding etc.) then work on it and if possible do some elective units.
>I have background in asm (intros/cracktros) - all that stuff's on a git repo to *potentially* show off to an employer
While this
>Experience is king in the IT world.
is kinda true, you'll also find that NOT having cert WILL hold you back
>had yrs of running muh own ict biz running debian servers for small biz
>got lpic 3, doors fucke flew open for contractor work with places that wouldn't even look at muh cv before (& that's ONLY lpic!)

Attached: 40992445432_bf2761cf8b_b.jpg (1024x795, 440K)

>NOT having cert WILL hold you back
Oh yeah this is true. I guess the cert is kind of like the box that you need to check, but your experience is what's going to land you the good positions.

i'm almost done with my bachelors in network security/administation, are you saying if I don't have a cert that it's useless?

Godbless you

where did you find this picture of me

>here in Aus ICT is glutted with n00bs with fullbottle CS degrees which mean nothing
>netadmin means anywhere you start will be helpdesk and all you'll do is the IT crowd routine all day.

>t. frmr primary school teacher with ict background - do your dip ed and you'll never look for a job again....

Have a m8 who does HR (I know, I know...) and the way he's said it to me before
>msce's aren't even worth the corn flake boxes they came off anymore
You can literally print them off after a 10 min test online and $50. As per pajeet methods - >I see so many CCNP/CCIE "courses" based out of india because pajeets seem to think simply having that cert is the key to getting a well paying job and not just working in a callcenter.

Please don't post my pics online thanks.

Good idea, good field. Go for associates plus cert, you'll get hired.

Basically use the IT degree to get an internship and then use the experience ftom that to get a job

A+ is a bad meme if you have an IT degree but Cisco, Microsoft and Security+ will help