What motivates people to upgrade their CPU?

What motivates people to upgrade their CPU?

Attached: 1512335946502.jpg (971x565, 139K)

Gayming, productiviy, etc..

You know, all those things you need a cpu for.

My i5 2500 can do all of that.

Mainly video encoding.

It just depends on your application.

Windows 10 is so absurdly bloated that it occasionally brings my laptop's i7-7500u to 70% at idle on the rare occasions that I need to boot it up. Maybe this or a similar experience motivates ppl to upgrade.

Attached: fuck_windows.png (2511x1418, 170K)

it feels good.

>Edge
>.Net
>McAfee
>Windows 10

It came preinstalled with my laptop when I got it used and Ive been to lazy to change it. Maybe if I need to use windows at some time in the future I'll configure it to be more efficient.

It can do it shittily.

Running a core 2 duo, I have noticed the bottleneck when encoding video. System gets way too fucking hot and sometimes just crashes.

My path was dictated by systems being kill or totally deprecated in some way: 386 => Pentium => Intel Celeron 333MHz => Athlon XP2600+ => C2D can'trememberwhich => i7 3610QM
the latter's still alive and kicking, however I've procured a R7 1700 w/32GB RAM as VM host for all my server needs last winter

Bleeding edge, support for new features, maybe more cores, more pushing power. I loved my 3770k but the 8700k can push a hell of a lot more, plus 4 more total cores lets me be more productive.

Because I can.

>winblows 10
fucking retard

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 340K)

>4 more total cores
what did he mean by this?

Attached: 14974991952740.jpg (350x350, 14K)

kek, shows you how retarded the vermins are.

It came with the laptop. I have no reason to change it as I dual boot and only keep windows installed for rare occasions where I need it. Plus I dont want to loose the lisense.

Sure, but a newer processor can do it faster, especially when newer processors have things like AVX2, which can lend a significant boost to software that takes advantage of them.

Obviously you don't have to get upgrade your processor every time intel releases a new one, wait until there's been enough of an improvement to justify upgrading, or if you even need to for your use case.

4 cores is not enough for realtime gaming

windows 10 LTSB/LTSC is much better than win7

I'll get back to you later, my answer's still compiling.

No. They benchmark lower and they are buggy. Windows 7 is better on modern high-end hardware.

This meme has got to end. The 2500/k is a great processor that has aged very well all things considered, but it's much slower than current stuff. Hell, my 4690 noticeably bottlenecks a 1060 or 480 in some games, and could definitely be faster when I do video rendering.

no game effectively uses 4 cores let alone more than that

hardware support for muh algorithms (AES), support for modern hardware (USB3), less power usage, internet points on Jow Forums

Jews.

nothing
Z80 still good enoght

Attached: CPM_CLUB15.png (1028x1280, 98K)

68k is the real shit, faggot.

I barely upgrade my CPU. My last upgrade was only because the motherboard went and rather than look for old motherboards I simply upgraded everything.

Why not both?

Attached: sega_mega_drive.jpg (4020x2300, 2.22M)

nice