How is this? It stops static/buzzing (not just for cars) but Ive heard that it decreases the bass, is this true?

How is this? It stops static/buzzing (not just for cars) but Ive heard that it decreases the bass, is this true?
amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1540076226&sr=8-3&keywords=mpow ground loop noise isolator for car audio

Attached: asdfasdfasdfsdfv.jpg (679x679, 29K)

Are you stupid?

>does a device that gets rid of specific tones reduce the bass???

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

You figure ground loop is from 60-80hz which probably filters those frequencies losing lower frequencies. The funny thing is though ground loop only occurs with ac because its the frequency of ac. So its marketed wrong. The hiss from unbalanced is from not grounding but its not an actual ground loop

In English???

does this mean it does or doesnt reduce bass? I dont get it

and your other gun

bump

It's a lowpass filter, and bass is low frequencies, therefore the bass gets filtered out.

I heard this stops buzzing and doesn't decrease the bass.

Attached: Untitled.png (435x125, 2K)

The problem is the audio would probably be worse

It doesn’t remove specific tones, dipshit. It’s wired to eliminate ground loop, not the noise that comes from it.

hmmm

Literally any USB card is an improvement over the built-in audio.

show me one (1)

Attached: 121107-05916-def.png (600x600, 67K)

You sure? Some phones actually have pretty good DACs in them, like the iPhone 6, or the LG v40

Phones don't have ground loops either.

They do if you're charging at the same time as playing audio from the headphone jack.

Use one in my car, I noticed no issues with sound.

im not an audiophile but i didnt notice any difference. i use it for my mixer

I used one of these in my car to reduce background noise. Turns out my bt aux receiver thing was just shit and I got another, no more ground noise. It did reduce signal quality.

>lowpass
>doesn't let low frequencies pass

hmmmmmmmmm

Sorry, I meant Highpass.

I was thinking of power filters when I wrote that, which are a low pass.

so it doesnt reduce bass?

It does, but you should be able to EQ it out.

Power filters are lowpass, so they can filter out higher frequency harmonics present on the power input.
That audio filter is most likely a highpass, so it can filter out the low frequencies generated by the ground loop.

it's not really noticeable and fixes ground loop hum so eh
i'd only use it in car audio tho

Theres only 2 ways to get rid of ground loop, notch filter/ high pass filter or gate. A notch filter eliminating true 60 cycle ac hum in murica. Fact of the matter though anything digital is dc so its not a true ground loop