>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1479422365544.jpg (1589x1191, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/gryKkd
pcpartpicker.com/list/gDBVCb
pcpartpicker.com/list/Q6pTNQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/gyyM6s
au.pcpartpicker.com/user/goldencircle/saved/#view=3qRnHx
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/bNDLjy
pcpartpicker.com/product/Fz4NnQ/lenovo-l24q-238-2560x1440-60hz-monitor-65d2gcc3us
pcpartpicker.com/product/7TrcCJ/asus-pb277q-270-75hz-monitor-pb277q
pcpartpicker.com/product/mNBrxr/aoc-ag271qx-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-ag271qx
pcpartpicker.com/product/scM323/aoc-ag271qg-270-165hz-monitor-ag271qg
youtube.com/watch?v=RzOuIbIIsQE
pcpartpicker.com/list/3KK9Ft
pcpartpicker.com/list/JCjzWD
pcpartpicker.com/guide/gtYcCJ/modest-amd-gaming-build
pcpartpicker.com/list/DkkNWD
ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

built this how'd i do
>pcpartpicker.com/list/gryKkd

>Ryzen
>Good gaming

Attached: 3333.jpg (644x500, 35K)

Seasonic or EVGA?

Where's the storage and PSU?

Good build for gaming under $1500?

already had them. currently using the PC i built with those parts

what's the PSU?

i5/i7 + 1080ti

pcpartpicker.com/list/gDBVCb

some 650watt antec I found in the dumpster behind work

Attached: 34af4g.jpg (2560x1440, 1.11M)

Should I?
It's currently at its lowest price point since August 2017.

Attached: ramprice.png (1403x278, 179K)

Your build is pretty good then, but why mITX?

Yes

What is this thing? It was screwed into the middle standoff spot in my Meshify. It's not actually a standoff since it has a male head. The manual doesn't explain it and only gave me 8 standoffs. Do I just leave it in and let it poke through the middle motherboard hole?

Attached: uionhjuiojiojo.jpg (3840x2160, 1.28M)

I googled and I guess it's a pre-built standoff to keep it in place while you do the other screws. Weird, I was afraid it would short my board.

Is the 2700x worth it over the 8600k if I plan to mostly be playing games at 1080p/144hz?
I might try streaming too but I’ll be using NVENC most of the time

Or should I just wait a few months for 9th gen

Thinking about
>R3 2200G
>shitty msi B350 mobo
>2x4gb ddr4
for $300 in this shithole.
Already have a monitor, ssd, case and peripherals. Will this work as a base to upgrade later on without being obsolete after a couple of years?
also, 2x4gb or 1x8gb? i'll upgrade to 16 later

2x4Gb now. Will be a stutterfest with only one DIMM.
>Will this work as a base to upgrade later on without being obsolete after a couple of years?
Motherboard and RAM wise, yes.
CPU wise, 4 threads can't consistently do 60fps in every game. So either 2400G now and you won't have to replace CPU when you replace the GPU, or stick with 2200G and you'll be buying a new CPU when you add any GPU better than like a 1050 or RX560.

Don't swallow the 2200g pill unless you won't need/want to have better hardware in the near future.
8gb just isn't enough nowadays. You won't be able to use them fully because you'll need to allocate 1 or 2 GB to the iGPU. You also need to either pay more to have the mobo flashed, or deal with AMD tech support and have it flashed for you.
Also, if you plan on getting ryzen, get a better board in general.lower latency (cl14) 3200mhz ram doesn't hurt if you want to get the most out of a Ryzen processor.

>Old depreciated and overpriced housefire in the OP

The jump from 2200G to 2400G would be ~$80 extra but yeah i chose the 2200G as a "it'll work for now" CPU so i can at least play some csgo and shitpost. I'm fully aware about its shit performance, even my fucking Thinkpad has better Passmark score than the 2200G.
I'll upgrade both the CPU to something 8/16 at least and the GPU in the future, also i'm not playing at anything higher than 1920x1200 60Hz.
>if you plan on getting ryzen, get a better board in general.lower latency (cl14) 3200mhz ram doesn't hurt if you want to get the most out of a Ryzen processor
The mobo is an MSI B350M pro-vh plus, according to msi's site it supports 3200mhz RAM so i guess i should be fine?

check some reviews of the board and se what CPus ang ram people arerunning with it and how stable it is. And yes'l you'll be fine with an upgraded bios.

So the cooler master h500p version seems like a dope case now that they added the mesh in front.

But people say the top for radiator exhaust is hindered by the fact it's not 100% open but rather has a risen top plate with basically grills on the sides for air to escape.

Does that make that much of a difference? Or anyone with the case know this?

but the 9900k is new

I want to build a portable ryzen apu mac mini type pc to run loonix on.
are there any cases/mobos small enough to be comprable?

Attached: 1540039689064.gif (312x252, 152K)

HELP HELP HELP

I dropped a mobo screw. I think it went onto the case but can't find it. I took out the mobo, shook the case, looked everywhere, checking the floor, can't find it.

I've been doing this for an hour. Can screws magically disappear?

How bad is the size of a 25" ultrawide? Is it worth spending another $100 for a 29"? Both are 1080p.

All i do vidya wise is euro truck and having a wider monitor would allow me to see my mirrors without moving my camera, making wheel usage easier.

Attached: download (2).png (1280x720, 1.47M)

I FOUND IT

It somehow bounced off the floor all the way across the room

2700x
MSI X470 AC

1080p 120hz/144hz monitor

Is this build okay?

only board that fit the case I picked out

If all you care about is gaymen at high refresh rates at 1080p, 8700k is the better buy. This build would be better suited for something 1440p/60hz imo but I don't know your intended use. Go 2700x if higher than 1080p.

How does this budget build for my parents look?

pcpartpicker.com/list/Q6pTNQ

gtx 970 or a 1050ti?

They don't need ram that fast. They don't need a 600w psu.

Both are generally very good brands
Post two models and their prices and you could get a better answer

I play a ton of strategy games, mainly Total War and from the Jewtube benchmarks I feel like I'm better served with moar corez but the 8700k ain't that bad either

I would go into 1440p if not for the frames dropping a ton compared to 1080p

What's with the expensive monitor? It doesn't even have speakers.
pcpartpicker.com/list/gyyM6s

970 has more performance. between 1060 3g/6gb

With a 2070 it's better to get a 1440p 144/165Hz monitor. At 1080p you're either go way past 144 fps because of the card or quite a bit below because of the CPU

Since driver gimping, it's generally below the 1060 3Gb now. But yes, still well above the 1050Ti.

Can't go wrong with Seasonic, tho I have read that they actually make PSUs for the likes of EVGA and Corsair, who then rebrands them.

Some of the EVGA/Corsair models are sources by Seasonic, but a lot of them aren't. EVGA's good models are sources by Super Flower and can be better than what Seasonic has in the price range.

$2000-$2500 AUD (that's 1250 to 1750 burgers)
I'll be transporting the storage from my old machine to my new machine:
1x 2.5SDD
2x 3.5HDD
au.pcpartpicker.com/user/goldencircle/saved/#view=3qRnHx

My x470 motherboard has an 8pin CPU power connector, but it also has a 4pin CPU power connector next to it. The motherboard doesn't say if I need both.

Checking online people said just use the 8pin, the extra 4pin is there if you're doing liquid nitrogen shit. Is this correct?

Attached: 1212540205926.jpg (576x432, 50K)

PSU is way too powerful for one 580
There's no performance advantage to having more than 2 sticks of RAM, and 2x16 is cheaper here.
Motherboard is probably worse than less expensive options
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/bNDLjy
The 4-pin is the product of a marketing war between different manufacturers. It doesn't increase performance at all, because the VRM on all but the absolute best boards can't even handle the full extent of the singular 8-pin. Even on LN2, the 4-pin serves no purpose at all.

Attached: __blue_pokemon_and_pokemon_special_drawn_by_sekka_koyori__f57e754a488e2adbfe48da214fcec1da.png (466x700, 343K)

Don't know why you'd pay an extra $250 for 2070 when Vega56 is within like 5-10% of it overclocked.
Either way, yeah why wouldn't you go 1440p?

that's what I thought. there's no way a 2700X could max out an 8pin connector.

why is the motherboard market so fucking retarded now, all this RGB shit and aids

Only complete retards buy 9th gen. Buy 8700k or hell even 7700k. They won't melt your house down. You can even go for the new Ryzens.

It's because barely anybody knows what to look for when buying a motherboard, or bothering to overclock their unlocked processors.
9th gen is the same thing as 8th gen though

Recs for 1440p display for gaymen with 2070?

Yet somehow it hits higher wattage and higher temps.

8th gen with 35% higher power consumption and more difficult to delid. And costs more.
Same but worse.

I already have a PC but I desperately need to set up a PCI-passthrough deal that lets me play windows video games streamed to a linux session, and for that I need another GPU. I have a 1050 Ti right now and it's "fine", but does anybody know if PCI-passthrough requires any more muscle from the GPU? If it does I'm gonna need to get something nicer like a 1060 or even a 1070 instead of a second 1050 Ti.

Also does anybody know what release/version/identifier Ryzen CPU's have to tell me if it's a new batch or not? I have a Ryzen 1700 and it's one of the early batches with some awful Linux segfault bullshit, and I'm feeling like replacing it too.

Depends on your budget
Bare minimum (IPS, no speakers):
pcpartpicker.com/product/Fz4NnQ/lenovo-l24q-238-2560x1440-60hz-monitor-65d2gcc3us
75Hz:
pcpartpicker.com/product/7TrcCJ/asus-pb277q-270-75hz-monitor-pb277q
144Hz:
pcpartpicker.com/product/mNBrxr/aoc-ag271qx-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-ag271qx
144Hz (G-SYNC IPS):
pcpartpicker.com/product/scM323/aoc-ag271qg-270-165hz-monitor-ag271qg

Oops, last one is 165Hz, not just 144.

Passthrough gives mostly the same results (usually lower minimum fps though), but for a host card it doesn't make sense to get a second 1050 Ti when you can find used Maxwell and Kepler cards for cheaper

Why are you getting a 2070? Have you not seen the benchmarks, or do you just like wasting money?

It's 5-10% above Vega performance. Vega56 is only $370. 2070 for a non-shitty model is at least $550.
Then you add monitor on top of that and you're paying $600-$700 for a Gsync monitor instead of $300-$400 for a Freesync one.

I have seen the benchmarks - on par with 1080 at 1070ti prices, evga one is $500
The price difference isn't as bad as you're making it out to be - plus dont you want ray tracing goy?

>pooga

You can literally get a 1070ti for $380

didn't know where to ask this, but best white 'gaming' headset?

my right earcup of my game zero/ones (don't know which model this is desu) is loose, and about to fall off soon

>1070ti for $380
If you want one burnt out by memecoin mining maybe

youtube.com/watch?v=RzOuIbIIsQE
I only see one recent game release the past year where the 2070 is significantly ahead here by over 5%. The first one.
Meanwhile Vega is over 5% ahead in many of them, 20% in a few cases even in Nvidia sponsored games, and matches the others.

And yes. On par with 1080 on average for 1070Ti price. That's a good thing considering the 2070 is also roughly on par with the 1080.

Why white

brand new ones can be found for around 400~
also you’re braindead if you believe in hardware degradation memes

or black. doesnt matter

Holey shit why is everyone so uppity about the 2700x in terms of value? The 2600 non-x is literally $149 and performs nearly identically in all games. We're talking like less than %1 difference in framerate. Its 6 cores vs 8, and cores 7 and 8 are rarely used. Also, the le creative excuse is tiresome as its not like your render will suddenly say, "Oh, I see you only have a six core CPU, render failing in 3.. 2.. 1..." You'r saving yourself a few seconds per render, and how many times a day are you rendering that its worth getting less than the best gpu possible? Jesus Christ.

why gaming headsets
if you’re insistent on gamer shit just buy a hyperx cloud, the first one.

Some logitech probably. Or HyperX. Headsets aren't really great, a real pair of cans and a real mic is much better. This coming from a guy with a Corsair Void gaming headset

alright under $200 USD, what heaphones/mic combo could i go for?

There’s probably a better option but I use HD558 and Mod Mic 4

Alternatively if you can find some good headphone with a detachable 3.5mm cable the VMODA is cheaper and probably a better option than the Mod Mic. Also it would be nice only having one wire.
Idk anything about desk mics or if you’d even want one

Scratch that apparently the 558s doubled in price? I guess they were discontinued
The 559/579 seem to be newer versions

Whats wrong with AiO coolers?

Nothing. They are overpriced for performance but boomers don't consider noise and looks as valid points. They are completely content with shoving a tank like a D15 into their builds, covering half their ramslots.

I don't get why people still buy those huge, obnoxious air coolers. As if there isn't enough stress on the board with a fat GPU hanging on.

There is no driver gimping? I think i saw a video on pascal being gimped but that was proven wrong.

>Pros
Takes less space
Much more quieter, although if you plug in 2000+rpm fans its going to be noisy

>Cons
Cooling is not that much better than the most expensive air coolers
Much more expensive than air coolers
Leakages happen but rarely, depending on the company who makes the actual AIOs (there are two of them, Asetek and someone else) you're getting transparent slimy gel or conductive coolant into your parts; you're fucked if your AIO has the latter inside

Their price
Noise and performance are the barely any better or even worse compared to Noctua unless you have a 420mm rad, which AIO doesn't scale to.

AIOs aren't any more quiet compared to a lot of dual tower coolers, mostly because the pumps get pretty noisy

pcpartpicker.com/list/3KK9Ft
R8

Pretty good, but I wouldn't really recommend that motherboard since it doesn't really have too much going for it, so may as well go cheaper
More HDD space is really cheap
Better PSU is safer with a 1080
pcpartpicker.com/list/JCjzWD

pcpartpicker.com/guide/gtYcCJ/modest-amd-gaming-build

How's this? I can cut the cost of storage and the case.

How do I put together a custom loop? where do I start? where do I find parts? which are the best? Is it even worth the effort?

I would add a case you like to this
pcpartpicker.com/list/DkkNWD
Depends on if you're doing hard or soft tubing. Hard tubes need to be custom bent with a heat gun, while soft tubes can be snipped with scissors. You can start with EK's configurator to get an idea of what kind of things you need in a loop. ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/
Not all of it is necessary, but you will want copper/nickel blocks for your CPU/video card, tubing and fittings (get these from the same source), a pump, reservoir (can combo with pump), and definitely something that stops microbes from growing (EK's colored/clear fluid does this I believe). It's ok to buy other components from other places, but make sure not to mix reactive metals such as aluminum and copper within the same loop.
The best parts are really up to you, so do your own research.
Whether or not it's worth it is a personal question, unless you have a crazy SLI setup or an overclocked i9/Threadripper that would require more cooling than towered heatsinks can give.

I was making my own version but I just saw
It looks a lot better than that shill made on pcpartpicker. It seems the guy on there just picked the lowest priced products.

A lot of PCPartPicker guides use parametric filters so the creator doesn't have to keep up with price changes
They're inherently flawed and there isn't much way to automatically fix it

Alright, I'm really digging 2560x1440 (1440p?) resolution. What AMD processor do I need to upgrade to to really take advantage of this high of a resolution? Ryzen 3,5,7? Also, I'm doing VSR right now because my display only does 1080 native, is there VSR at 1440p? If so, for what resolution?

CPU performance doesn't correlate with fps at higher resolutions. This is because a higher resolution increases the graphical load for each frame, allowing the CPU to finish all calculations well before the GPU is able to display the image.
In short, changing your CPU won't affect performance when your GPU is the main cause for a bottleneck.
If you have a really shitty CPU, then I would suggest the 2600 or 2600X because that's where performance stops scaling with price, and anything that AMD or Intel has is going to be virtually identical at 1440p, even with the best video cards.
3200x1800 is the only VSR resolution I can find for 1440p, but I'm not sure how up-to-date that is

What a good 144hz 27 inch monitor? prefer VA panel, not sure if should go for 1080p or 1440p, I am using an RX 570

I recently got a RX 580 and it's great, but my CPU is FX-4130, so I'm pretty sure that is causing any sort of lag I may be experiencing. I'll take a look at the Ryzen 5 you mentioned.
I can go up to 3840x2160 through VSR as-is right now. I was more curious than anything about that.

I haven't touched a game in nearly two years now.
Would it be dumb to sell my R9 290 and replace the 1600 with something like a 2200G? I still want good processing power for CAD work, but would like to cut out unnecessary idle heat from dedicated graphics.

Attached: 1.jpg (767x679, 127K)

I'm looking to build my own PC come tax return season, its going to be gaming oriented, my current laptop has a 950M which just isn't cutting it anymore, I want some serious power.

I'm capable of building with legos and assembling AR15s so putting together a PC shouldn't be an issue for me, I'm not completely retarded but I really don't know where to start in terms of parts, theres just so many options, I was hoping someone could recommend me a build list on Newegg or PCpartspicker. Budget is going to be 1000-1500 USD, within that I'm going to need a decent monitor as I don't already have one, it doesn't need to be anything special, 1080 or 1440p with 60hz is fine. I'd also like to have a 1080 if it can be fit in for that price. Thanks for any suggestions.

Have a pic of some Jow Forums meet autism for your trouble

Attached: IMG-20171014-WA0007.jpg (1600x1200, 985K)

>be me
>at cheap second-hand electronics market
>find gtx 780 in its box, looks well, don't even know what is it doing here
>guy from desk said it won't give video
>pay $20 for it
>test it at home
>it werks like new
Never had a nVidia GPU before, how good is gtx780 ? I only do basic gayming when bored

Attached: 87342658327.png (628x629, 28K)

So I need some SATA cables, do you guys just buy something random?

>need sata cables
>buy something random
just buy the cables

Make sure you buy the gaming ones for $80 each

I'm more wondering if right angle connectors and length are the only thing that really matter.

>still rocking a 2600k but it's showing its age
>look forward to finally replacing it with a 9900k when it comes out
>it comes out
>it's a piece of shit
welp