Vector calc is a cs prereq

>vector calc is a cs prereq
>first midterm is on monday

I think this is what ends my uni career. Looks like I wasted tuition money and I'll end up at a coding boot camp anyway

Attached: 1526316337135.png (657x600, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF83D74BA4DE75897
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=02EACC10AABF4331C58471A952EA7A94
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can still make it if you study hard before the final. Stop being such a lazy fag. Calc III isn't that hard.

This is calc iv. Vectors weren't that bad but line integrals don't make any sense

Attached: 1516391075089.png (817x443, 34K)

whatever, your school has a different system then. Calc III here is multivariate, which includes vector calc and stuff like line integrals. You just parametrize the curve, then use the formula. What's so difficult? How many problems have you done?

You have the weekend to nail it down as much as you can. What's the problem?

Go study, you still have time. And even if you don't do well you still have half the class left to pull your grade up to a C.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF83D74BA4DE75897

Quit playing on your phone in class, start going to office hours, do the homework, watch these videos to help you out, and abuse Slader if you don't understand the questions so that you can understand what they're asking you to solve.

I need to practice for my upcoming hackathon. Matrix Mark, Joe Jo john, and Bustling Billy Woodly will kick me off if I cant solve fizzbuzz in under 4 hours

> I didn't want to graduate anyway

I failed to mention they already have 3 other guys lined up that can fizzbuzz in under 5 hours one of them being broccoli rob, so I kind of need to do this

>line integrals don't make any sense

holy fuck what a brainlet, did you cheat your way through calc 1,2 and 3? You are taking the sum of small pieces of area under a curve and adding them up, it's the same shit as all the other calculus you learned, just applied to a different kind of shape.

Just stick it out until the end fail and retake next semester. Or maybe just take it until the last day to drop with no grade

how hard is calculus really, is it just meme difficulty by people that are just retarded overall and shouldn't be trying to go into a math centric field?

Attached: 1539754000536.png (1280x1207, 1.14M)

Vector calc is easy. The problem is that you have shit math fundations.
If you can somehow fix that then you will realise that math is actually interesting.
I speak from experience. I used to suck at math too.

It's an increase in the rate of new rules being added but that's all math class ever is. More rules to know.

I haven't done any problems.

Even if you're stupid you can brute force your way with relentless repetition until it becomes pattern recognition instead of problem solving.

Gee, I wonder why you're failing.

Attached: 1517362408723.jpg (618x597, 66K)

I think this is what I do

im starting to feel that way if im forced to spend over half my time taking stupid ass classes that arent even cs

If I fail my calc class I'm going to kill myself.

Apostol Calc fren.

libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=02EACC10AABF4331C58471A952EA7A94

Attached: sci.jpg (1277x2052, 634K)

my mom is a physicist and she hates calculus

Print this out and glue it to the inside of your calculator.

Attached: 1293682542867.png (2880x1920, 2.23M)

Search around all of the colleges in your area, including smaller "local" schools. Check out ratemyprofessor and other sites and look at the reviews for all the vector calc classes. Find the school/professor with the highest reviews. This signifies that it is the easiest version of that class. Register to take that one course at the easy school and then transfer the credits back over when you're done. This is what I did for "that one class" that gave me a hard time.

Sounds like more work than just studying

This. I know a lot of CS people that passed Calc I, II, III and DE with straight A's by just mindlessly doing a shitload of exercises without even knowing that the derivative of a function represents a slope. One of them even told me that he thinks the purpose of the derivative is to "simplify a function"

poast benis

>to "simplify a function"
That's actually pretty accurate.

Not OP but is there a tutorial that has that expressed in a language?

lol, hello old friend

I was a physics major, currently in medical school. This brings back a lot of memories.

OP, vector calc is just an extension of regular calc. You should find some problem sets and look at the solutions. Understand how they got to the solution, what methods they used, etc.

Since it's a midterm, and you are studying CS, I doubt that they will ask you to prove any theorems or anything like that. They just want to see that you can solve a few problems. The curve will help you also.

It can get really crazy, but if your intent is application rather than theory, then its not too bad. It's just a game of manipulating expressions to a form with known solutions, which you look up in integration tables. With enough practice, anyone can master it.

t. Physicist who hates calculus.

These people get jobs

what the fuck

What's vector calculus?

Multivariate calculus?
Because you're already dealing with vector spaces anyway, even in 1 dimension (like the real numbers).

Don't worry, you'll make it.

Vector calculus is a subset of multivariable concerned with fields in R3 (for the most part).

Fields in R3?

Like, 3-dim vector spaces over a field?
I guess just number fields like R^3 or C^3?

I mean, it might need some getting used to, jumping from a single variable to 2, and relearning some rules in the general form (not the special case of them in 1 variable that everyone is familiar with).

But after that, it's just the same old shit, in terms of methods and proofs.

>vector calculus
>hard

Attached: image.jpg (358x358, 129K)

Why the hell would any form of calculus be a prerequisite? What is wrong with mathfags?

Not quite. In laymans terms. Different kinds of shit can exist in a given dimension. Fields, lines, cubes etc. Multivariable is looking at these types of shit, generally. Vector calculus is a subset of this concerned mostly with fields in particular dimensions.

Because maths is pretty useful when doing stuff with computers, linear algebra in particular. Calculus is just part of the standard package that leads to a well rounded individual capable of thinking mathematically.

Of course, if all you are concerned with is spewing out as much garbage code that you possibly can, then it doesn't matter.

>Fields
I thought you meant field in the mathematical sense (a ring with inverses for multiplication).
As all vector spaces are defined over a field, i.e. when doing a scalar multiplication, the scalars belong to a field.

I mean you can cut the field requirement to just a commutative ring R, but in that case you have R-modules, not vector spaces.

Maybe vector calculus is a term preferred by engineers/physicists, or maybe a US thing.
But it's interesting, cause I've never heard that exact term in all my years of studying maths.