"install Arch or Gentoo if you want to learn about Linux! xD"

>"install Arch or Gentoo if you want to learn about Linux! xD"
>havent learned anything about the kernel
>mostly just xorg stuff

Attached: 324324123.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2149
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

At least now you realise that the people telling you that are retards. If you actually want to learn Linux then go read it.

>genkernel

tfw you realize Linux is just a kernel

I can tell you installed Arch.

>genkernel
tool of the brainlet

Oh no, that "Linux is a kernel" faggot again.
Have you configured your kernel yourself, together with manually built initramfs?

Don't pretend you actually learn about the kernel by using Gentoo. You learn commands and that is all.

>"Linux is a kernel" faggot
He's not wrong. That is exactly what Linux is.

> what is make menuconfig

kys

Don't misquote me.

Why? How can you possibly deny that clearly obvious claim?

You don't actually have a reason to hate genkernel beyond your own inability to use it and probably the intense shame you feel wasting hours fucking with your kernel config.

BTW "genkernel --nconfig all" is easier and just as versatile. Fucking noob ricer faggot.

use Antergos user!
I've been using it for 2 years like a normal computer and I still don't know what an Xorg is
Also i've never HAD to use the terminal, only used it when i felt like it would be fun.

Yes, but it's misleading cause he doesn't specify that the kernel is the OS.

Attached: Arch_Comic_1.png (650x4377, 871K)

It is the kernel, and all that that entails is specified in that one description.

Nigga I ain't denying anything, I'm just telling you to kill yourself.

>Nigga
>ain't
And you say I should kill myself? I would if were a wigger, since such a shameful fate can only be cured by the release of death.

I've decided to try Arch a week ago and I've learned about sectors (boot, home, swap..)
And now I'm slowly learning about Xorg. So I'm rather satisfied.

Attached: AyNkTnWDP_E.jpg (702x960, 192K)

What's really to learn about Xorg? I know it's a meme pushed incessantly by Windows users, but all you have to do is install it and run it on startup. There is no configuration needed outside of Xdefaults, Xinitrc, and such. And that configuration is very minimal.

>brain dead cuck telling other people to kill them selves
smells like npc

So basically you are admitting that you would kill yourself over something as shallow as using vulgar ebonics.

True. But you gotta keep in mind that I've only found out about xorg like a week ago, so even just finding out that the configuration is done in xdefault and other files is new to me

Attached: _-iwmCWxDSs.jpg (799x829, 234K)

Yes, the shame would be so great that I would have no option but to kill myself.

Fucking tripfag loser NEET.

So if you spent a bunch of time around blacks and found yourself saying stupid shit like "I ain't tryin ta drive yo ass all the way to the store."

You would what, hang yourself with a shoestring from a doorknob or something?

Yes, but why would I spend time around the blacks?

Why wouldn't you?

Because they are subhuman.

lmao

what's the fucking point of even bothering to install a distro like gentoo if you're not even going to customize the kernel to your machine? There isn't.

Black women are more fun to be around.

generating a custom kernel config doesnt take more than 30 minutes, or more if it's your first time, or if you're a stupid tripfag

I don't care what you think.

Only if they're picking your cotton.

Tbh this is what my first Linux try looked like. I tried to install Arch because it seemed like something really cool. Failed three times.
After I finally managed to get my system up, I spent hours installing Xorg and i3wm (that someone recommended). Doing anything was a pain in the ass. Connecting to wifi was a mystery. I didn't keep track of what I've installed so I had a shitload of software that didn't really work well together. My Qt and GTK themes were fucked up. I learned how to exit vim.
I felt exactly like that guy in the comic.

But I didn't give up. I wanted to learn how to use that piece of shit, despire getting hate on forums and being told repeatedly to RTFM.
Eventually I started reading the fucking manuals, and it clicked. Things started to make sense to me, and I've managed to use Arch well enough for all of my college needs.

Now people look at my Sway desktop with Lain background and they ask me questions about Linux and how to set it up. I always remind them that Linux is the kernel, and the whole system is GNU/Linux.

You care enough to commit suicide over it, in the hypothetical that you were using ebonics.

Yes.

It takes several hours if you actually read option descriptions and try to understand them and not just follow "if unsure, say X" statements.
Maybe plus hour to fix misconfigured kernel that doesn't boot.

>30 minutes
Holy shit you fucking noob lol.

Do you morons really not understand how to use genkernel or what its even for? Its like you think you can't configure a kernel with it, that's literally what its for.

Attached: rekt.gif (1920x1080, 327K)

>Chrome
Oh god why

>Oh god why
Because its the best browser and I can get my text messages in hangouts.

Why the fuck would you still be using Firefox? Buggy piece of shit with ads everywhere.

>sawako
>chrome
>transmission
>needs a bloated program just to do cd /usr/src/linux && make menuconfig
>"Holy shit you fucking noob lol."

can't make this shit up

>best browser
>hangouts
>firefox has ads everywhere
AHAHHA FUCK STOP IT TRIPFAG, YOU'RE KILLING ME

Actually I use utorrent, I'm just too lazy to remove transmission-qt from my rc.lua

Which I will probably do now because its annoying.

Attached: wew.png (1920x1080, 133K)

Attached: sheep.jpg (650x488, 145K)

>utorrent
oh god this shit just keeps getting better and better

keep posting, tripfag, you're humorous

>loadable kernel modules
Now run make clean and do it all over again fucking tripfag. :^)

>Complains about ads everywhere
>Uses spyware torrent client
kek

Name one open source torrent client with working socks5 proxy support.

Protip: There isn't one.

Attached: autism-asshole-disease.jpg (600x750, 45K)

>spyware torrent client
Nope.
Its an unsupported alpha Linux release from before utorrent was a botnet.

Attached: wew.png (960x531, 141K)

>uses chrome
>cares about open source

you are trolling, right? i'm really not sure. in case you're not, which the general reek of stupidity from your posts imply, here's one: deluge

Actually it isn't one.

The deluge devs have a fake socks5 section, it completely ignores the settings and doesn't use the proxy.

Here is the 6 year old bug.
dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2149

arch or gentoo is a meme
Install minimal fedora/suse/ubuntu, then learn why they're used in servers

>those Gentoo users whomstve use kernel modules
>obviously know jack shit about their hardware and are too afraid to compile kernel drivers

Attached: brainlet.jpg (903x960, 45K)

>fedora
>servers
AHAHAHAHA

Jesus christ you ARCH skiddies are easy to spot.

Why don't you just use chromium, ungoogled-chromium or iridium? These are basically chrome with less (or without) google spyware

>those Gentoo users who think kernel modules are bad because they use like 20 bytes more memory
>not just automagically slapping your kernel modules into an initramfs and literally compiling it into the kernel
>not being able to unload and reload kernel drivers because you are too brainlet to use modules

Can't make this shit up.

Dude the biggest reason to use Chrome is because it loads all my shit automatically when I log in, I never have to setup my browser. I can see all my tabs from my phone or vice versa. You act like having the integrated Google shit is a bad thing, I think your a fucking moron for not taking advantage of it.

qbittorrent
That wasn't hard.

Attached: 11709502_1640255879544926_5769385658951825550_n.jpg (540x960, 38K)

>I think ***your*** a fucking moron for not taking advantage of it.

>{{{current year}}}
>not taking advantage of actual spyware makes you a moron

>think he's smart for using modprobe
>can't even into lspci and Google search
>probably does not even bother to sign mods for any security
Absolute state.

DHT support doesn't work via socks5 proxy on qbittorrent. The support is completely broken.

Kind of important when most trackers autoban socks proxies.

>Dude the biggest reason to use Chrome is because it loads all my shit automatically
But you can do the same with Iridium or Chromium

Attached: 12442732_443249845879009_1546414771_n.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Yeah and you can load all the proprietary plugins as well, but I don't see the point in using Chromium, there isn't any newer shit in it. Chrome often gets new features before they hit Chromium.

yes, that's very important we can clearly tell, because you're an avid torrenter, having a total of 5 active torrents.

>newer shit
Shit like the new "touch-friendly" UI? kek
you're an actual moron, you just don't know it. Ignorance is a bliss, I suppose

He's a namefag after all.

>we can clearly tell
Well, YOU at least think you can.
A cursory glance would have shown that the stale torrents listed were random pilots recently aired, and that alone should set off red flags that it isn't the entirety of the usage.

When the voice transcription shit was added that was Chrome only at first.

You were probably too young to remember.

133+ h4x0r starter pack:
>nano
>Google Chrome
>genkernel
>ricer overcompensation
>moon runes
>tripfaggotry so nobody impersonates this e-celeb

9/10

Forgot utorrent

I usually just lurk around here because I hate Jewgle ReeeCaptcha but I'm posting now to tell you that you're based user.

>several hours
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: ffrzudfvgal11.jpg (400x386, 34K)

gentoo

make your own modules

>not using nconfig
Seriously, it's been there 10 years
menuconfig is older than half of the posters here, stop using it already

at least use chromium dude
wtf, is this eve Jow Forums that I'm posting on?

>unsupported non stable release
kek, I won't tell you to kill yourself because you won't know how