Now that Crypto is Dead

Whats a good price to get cards at? I was looking at 1070s and theres a bunch on ebay around $250. Does that sound like a good deal?

Attached: xlrb1070.png (800x800, 351K)

only buy a 2070 or 2080 user

Attached: frog-fone.jpg (338x450, 19K)

>Now that crypto is dead

Attached: soy wojak.png (644x800, 15K)

Current GPU?

I bought a 1070 for 170 shipped been happy with it.

>mined card
Only if it came with warranty.

3 years, 960 :(

Used video cards are fine. As long as they didn't overheat or otherwise damage it, it will run normally.

1070 for 170 USD, where?

Do it, bought 1060 6gb brand new for $270 recently and am kind of kicking myself for not going pre owned, I could have snagged a 1070 founders edition for $30 less

That's like saying a used car is fine as long as it hasn't been involved in an accident or been damaged otherwise. Even under perfect conditions, anything will wear, more so under continued usage for long periods of time. You're just a miner trying to make people believe your raped-in-the-ass cards are fine.

>electronics are made of moving parts
No, I want to play Fortnite at more than 30 fps.

If the card was used for mining, the VRAM was overvolted and is not able to work properly
Dead VRAM means a bricked card, so don't buy anything that seems too good.

Not every miner tweaks their cards, but everyone is desperately selling them. The price keeps dropping from 300 to 260 and now as low as 220, so I thought it might be a good time to get one.

Even if the card isn't overclocked to any extent, there isn't a reason to stop mining unless your card stops working or you aren't even turning a profit compared to the power you use
The former is pretty likely in a lot of cases

it seems stable at 6300-6700 now, i doubt people are buying up an entire store's stock of gpus to mine at this point

After the crash, mining is not worth the cards, plus new cards coming out soon. Common practice to sell your current card for (normally) almost full price because of demand then just get the new one. But since the price is fucked, its not worth keeping them and they want to sell ASAP before their last gen cards wont sell at all.

>only moving parts degrade
Here is your certificate of mental disability.

>check rx580's on craigslist
>$280 - $325

>check rx580's from retailers
>$380 - $425

What the fuck is the problem with retailers

Friction/stress is the most common failure mode of non-electronics. What would cause a non-defective electronic to fail from normal use? Basically all of my electronics work as they did from 10 years ago. Just make sure they don't over heat or drop them and they will last for a very very long time.

>trusting retailers

Because retailers don't change their price when the secondary market collapses.

Not him, but capacitors can degrade heavily over time, and not every third party manufacturer uses the best ones to save money. It's common to see bulging capacitors in electronics that have been in use constantly for a long time. But anyone on Jow Forums should probably know there are things that could break down with use in electronics. Mining cards will probably work fine now, but I'd worry about what their in if I didn't know the owner or about their longevity.

True, capacitors are probably the most vulnerable component to natural degradation. Usually just buying from trusted brands is good enough to abate such fears. I think most miners dont mess with their cards too much, its just plug and play really. My cards from 10 years ago still work perfectly and I used them all day everyday, so a card thats a few years old even with mining is probably fine in my opinion.

If i was buying from someone i knew sure, but i dont trust people not to use their cards incorrectly somehow, like overclocking it whole mining or something, and you can never be sure when someone selling something online is trying to pull something on you. I just dont see the risk being worth it when I could spend like $100 for one of those chinese net cafe 1060s

>$250 for a beat up 1070
Nah. Stay away from used cards for a while unless you know that you can get it RMA without hassle.

Ebay it been like 4 months, good so far. No warranty though.