Intel 10nm not ready until 2H 2020

Are you guys ready for a 500W 10900K?

Attached: 10nm2020.png (722x570, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/es//pubs/archive/42237.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>coffee lake refresh

Attached: 1529447991874.gif (190x190, 1.98M)

>Supporting Intel in 2012+6

Must be hard for the internet's number one intel shill to admit that. Hes one of the most prolific shitposting spergs of all time.

>refresh of a refresh of a refresh of a refresh of a refresh

Attached: intel 30.jpg (700x700, 58K)

Just took out a pretty big fire insurance policy on my house.
Can Jow Forums recommend a good voltage and clock speed for my brand new Intel™ Core i9™ Series Desktop Processor?

Attached: gtx480.gif (220x165, 8K)

1.9v 8ghz.
Trust me, bro. Intel is the best. It works every time.

If only intel, and nvidia had some competition.

meanwhile the chinese are readying 5nm

Attached: 1521055793551.png (656x286, 187K)

Thanks man, I can smell the melting plastic and silicon already. What a dependable product! 5 stars, would recommend.

Not just 5nm, 5nm with EUV on 14 critical layers.
Power reduction over 7nm is expected to be around 50%.
Its going to be stupid expensive. Its also going to be the absolute leading process of the entire industry.

It's funny how Intel is now becoming the new Fermi and I've always been a fan of them.

I'm still running on my i5 2500k at 4.3ghz with a gtx 1060. But honestly, why does intel think its ok to not solder their chips? Is it that much in cost savings not to? The operating temp for a car is 220 degrees F. I can't imagine running a cpu at 90-100C. That's just asinine

The funny part is the new chips are soldered. They couldn't get there target clocks without it.

Attached: 96682986d6106941a55989a09240e5697616be3b_hq.jpg (500x509, 25K)

I will convert to islam if ISIS bombs intel out of existence.

that's risk production (probably bitcoin asics). 5nm cpus 2022 earliest

TSMC is starting production of 7nm EUV parts, they'll be releasing some ARM SoCs on the process next year.
They'll have 5nm parts on the market in 2020.

Samsung will be keeping a similar schedule, though their 7nm EUV lines are mass production ready right now. EUV is debugged and they're going hard on it. All the nay sayers were wrong. Immersion is bullshit. Intel is far behind the industry now.

>no date
Fake news

practical euv pellicles aren't even ready, it's not going to happen that fast

t. intel

>soldered
and they STILL fucked it up by making the layers too thick and using a cheap as shit STIM process.

intel's problem is that because of how quickly it gets hot and just how extreme the heat it generates is, it needed a thick as all hell layer of solder to prevent solder cracking due to the rapid rises in temperature. in this case, they really just should've switched to more efficient non-soldered TIM than the cheap STIM that they went with.

quoting from Brooklyn Nine-Nine: "The thin blue line just got thick as hell"

So what? Intel is still better at gaming than AMD right now. Doubt that will change when AMD goes to 7nm.

Attached: 1528822098142.png (565x541, 157K)

>Coffee-Lake warmed over for a second time
>Intel: Freshen your cup, hon?

>It's funny how Intel is now becoming the new Fermi and I've always been a fan of them.
I know, my NH-D14 has been a fan of them for years now too.

Attached: Noctua%u2019s-NH-D14.jpg (740x546, 68K)

Apple is definitely going to get first pick then. A13 is going to be a monster. And I bet the phone will be even more expensive than the previous one.

You can do it without pellicles but your yield will be shit with the amount of contamination that will go on without them.

Brainlet here, from my understanding they are staying on the same 14nm process for yet another two years right? Won't this be bad for them if AMD delivers 7nm next year? You can only push a process so much before you eventually are forced to go smaller right?

Intel still enjoys an IPC and frequency advantage so, at best, Zen 2 will bring them to per core performance parity with Intel. The next thing to remember is they still enjoy up until now better margins that AMD, so they make take a price cut on the 10th Gen refresh parts next year if this roadmap is correct depending on how the Ryzen 3000 series performs. Their desktop/mobile business will be fine, it's their prized server marketshare that will really be taking the brunt of this if it unfolds in the way things are currently looking.

The funniest part is compared to delidded it's still hotter by 14 degrees celcius

So? With liquid metal and delidding it runs at decent temperatures.

They went with crappy solder so they would have somewhere to go for their next CPUs, what with 10nm being delayed again. Think about it:
6700k + voltage/clock speed = 7700k
7700k + moar coars = 8700k
8700k + (crappy) solder + even more power consumption = 9700k
9700k + (not crappy) solder = whatever they call the next thing
If they went with good solder or TIM now, where do they go from there? Delid + liquid metal out of the box? They have almost 2 years until 10nm, gotta pace themselves.

AKA the 9900K. So it will be a refresh of a refresh of a 14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++ part.

But they do. It's called value.

>Delid + liquid metal out of the box?
please make this happen

Based intel, more pluses is better. How many pluses does AMD have? They're getting blown the fuck out.

There CPUs are so heat dense they couldn't use better solder because it would crack over time from the extreme temp swings.
the 9700k is an i5 even if Intel says it isn't. They just used tim because they couldn't reach there target clocks without it. i9 is just marketing BS.

How the heck does intel get away selling vulnerable CPUs?

Marketing, fanboyism, blatant lying, paying off third parties and consumer ignorance. Pretty much like every large corporation out there really.

The free market would solve these issues, but intel is just bogged down by regulation.

>the new Macbooks will only have a Kaby Lake refresh
Why even live.

It isn't.

AMD is going to take the crown next year. Ryzen 3000 is going to be the goto processor for all gamers.

You'll find that intels' history is a long history of market dominance through free market efforts alone, such as anti-competitive practices, bribing OEMs, paying off retailer workers to promote your products, providing reviewers with non-representative samples, etc etc. None of this is government. The only time a government intervened was to fine intel for anti-competitive practices.

It's all a cover anyway. Corporations own government so own you. You are a commodity.

Those "anti-competitive" practices are just regulation. Communist fucks want to take control of these companies by stifling a free and unregulated economy.

When did manchildren become relevant?

t. false-flaging communist cuck "pretending" to be retarded

I am just going to keep my Skylake CPU until it explodes. I doubt there will be any meaningful progress in the CPU sector for the next decade.

Funpart is that 14nm refresh will still beat amds overhyped "7nm"

Attached: 1536959341507.jpg (633x758, 156K)

All of these new CPUs are Skylake anyways, you're not missing anything.

While this is correct, removing government just removes the middle man, not the effect. Government is an organised entity with enough power to resist large organisations such as kingdoms, other nations, and corporations. Removing it is like removing all the doors from your house because you lost the keys.

Corporations will move to controlling you directly. The reason the government has intervened so much during the last century is because corporations were controlling people directly, and the people-operated government stepped in to protect people. While the government has the greatest power to oppress, it also has the greatest power to resist oppression. It's a weapon and if you're holding the wrong end because you gave the handle away to corporations, it's not the sword that is at fault.

OHH NO NO NO NO

Attached: Screenshot_20181020-073801_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 535K)

The price tripled in 6 months, what do you expect? In the meantime, intel stock price continues to plummet

>500w 10900k
inb4 95TDP

At least with Intel you don't have to pay extra for heating your home.

>He does not understand how stock prices work

>intel has had nothing but major set backs, underwhelming releases and nothing good planned for 2 years
>stocks are ~20% down for yearly peak

>AMD has done nothing but exceed expectations, have an incredibly strong product at a price that intel can't compete at, and are ready to launch their 7nm CPUs next year with no delays
>Have dropped almost 30% over yearly peak
What the fuck

>What the fuck
intel is about to layoff 30,000 people, expect a 10% rise in stock

WHY DO AMD ALWAYS LOSE?? ITS UNFAIR

Attached: 1534577800034.png (623x808, 418K)

You would think layoffs would reduce price or at least stabilize it, because the company is showing that it can't support itself

Intel has contracts with manufacturers who actually sell things. AMD only gets gaymer bucks, most of these from shitty Sony and MS contracts.

If AMD even wants a remote chance, they need to get some laptop maker on board and it's not going to happen. X86 is a dying meme either way and both companies won't be relevant in a decade.

the price reduction already happened, it goes up because the company is treating the cause of the decline

Threadripper is huge though. I know at my company we're switching from Xeons

>my company
Proofs

I can see it on a small scale but doubt someone like Amazon would be in a rush to switch.

Attached: bigstock_Proof_stamp_59862578__42856.1393885970.jpg (1280x1280, 471K)

>they need to get some laptop maker on board and it's not going to happen
Correct, Intel is paying OEMs a lot of money to specifically not give design wins to AMD. Well I say pay but they were caught doing direct bribery so they pull a pharma industry and intel employees basically become friends of the guys in charge of deciding designs for new laptops, showering them with intel-mugs, fancy gifts, expensive meals, etc, all in the name of 'promoting intel products' as a marketing rep.
AMD doesn't do these things.

Isn't there a laptop with a full sized 1700 in it?

>contracts are bribery now
literally brainlet amdrone

instead of paying for shills like you maybe amd should hire business people instead

Nothing I said is false. Intel puts lots of money into making sure their products go into laptops, and AMD doesn't. Sure AMD have their efforts; but they go through proper business channels most of the time and so rarely get wins.

Maybe there is but how would it matter for most consumers?

A Core M from two years ago would have more power than 90% of laptop buyers will ever need and AMD can't offer that power without raping the battery and cooling.

Intel bribed Dell for years.

it's coffee lake-r refresh.
that's coffee lake refresh refresh.

case king is selling them.

Doesn't matter if OEMs or server businesses don't take them sadly.

>coffee lake refresh refresh
>kaby lake refresh refresh refresh
>skylake refresh refresh refresh refresh

RELEASE SKYLAKE AGAIN

Attached: 1496703339166.png (723x481, 153K)

Like the 8th year straight of:
"AMD's new product next year will dominate"
But then they remain at sub 20% share, maybe lower

amd fanboys actually believe their 3700x will be a monster

last year they were hyping the 2700x to be the intel killer yet in reality it was just a 10% improvement over the 1700x, literally amd pulling a kaby lake

Why does apple even bother? Phones don't have the applications or ergonomics to even provide a chance to utilise this kind of hardware. And people will buy their shit regardless of how expensive it is because they buy it for status and the biggest strain the cpu faces is having multiple tabs of safari open. And it's not like ARM can even compete with x86 performance wise when they allegedly manage to match an ancient processor's power when silicon's potential is quite close to being fully exploited.

>ignoring that the largest oppressors and genocides have been the governments

I'd buy G4600+
My G4600 is objectively the best CPU of all time

Arm macbooks in 2020-2021. No way in hell they're going to use 14nm+++++ furnace9 in 2020.

that fan placement triggers me. why would you put it near the i/o when most cases have a fan slot right next to the i.o shield?

>j-just wait for the next gen

Dude AMD drones have been using this shitty meme for at least 5 years and it still is not funny.

High chance they will start using ARM in laptops, starting with the MacBook range then moving to MacBook Pro after a year. They are already preparing the goyim with changes to app store/safari this year, the next release of macOS will have even more restrictive changes in place.

iPhones utilize thier power more than any other phone. What different and intensive things do you do on your 12GB RAM Samshit, emulate Nintensoi games?

Meanwhile iPhones obliterate Android in AR/VR. Wait, Android hasn't even begun in that yet because logistically it can't, ever. It would probably take the S9 5 seconds to verify Face ID. The S9 could never do pic related.

The iPhone XS was giving detailed analysis of basketball shots without a single fucking worn sensor or place-marker on the field. Google can only dream of delivering such a thing. You're not even aware of any of this because all you think about is probably video game emulation.

Attached: 4968[1].jpg (700x467, 30K)

tfw they're wasting state of the art processes by producing arm cores

>detailed analysis of basketball shots
we made our phone draw a 3d parabolla. now buy it goyim

I think there's an ASUS ROG 17 inch desktop replacement with a R7.

>analysis of player and ball in real-time
>dEY jus droW line on skrien

Android users are walking examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect. You have no idea what's happening. Your small mind cannot comprehend.

Attached: 1509377839069[1].png (467x443, 34K)

>Google paper
static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/es//pubs/archive/42237.pdf

Everyone on the planet is switching to Zen. Xeons are a disaster.

NO, for fucks sake. Stop lying that BS from Bloomberg.

but ryzen 2xxx series is just a refresh, it wasn't anything new
3xxx series is going to be way faster obviously because it actually is something else
don't be a fanboy cuck, if amd delivers a nice cpu the intel cpus are going to get price cuts

>can read niggers
>considers this a feature
I suppose it helps to monitor when your wife's boyfriend is about to nut

Wow that's a great study! So where's Google's superior product?

>dur its shit i dont want it
>dur its dum
>niggers
>mumble shuffle

Are you consciously aware that you think about everything in terms of black dicks and wives? It appears you are a cuckold.

Pixel Core visual processor

>He mocks me by calling me a cuck
>He must be a cuck himself!
nice logic and nice reddit spacing. go back

You're a cuck because your first response is to think about women cheating with black men, out of nowhere you mention this. Black dicks dominate your mind. You mentioned them not me. You are a cuckold.

Double spacing on Jow Forums has been around longer than Reddit's existence. Many posts are written in the small quick reply box. You must be a 2016 migrant xoomer cuck.

Intel I am disappoint.

Attached: 1505048778620.gif (280x210, 1.11M)