What does Jow Forums think of void linux

Would this make a good replacement for parabola

Attached: 018039d5f6e93fe9b280c8b0712b6411df399b0a8261ec2324836e4f1c291eca.png (485x400, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/GNU/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, it's not libre.
It's not strictly GNU either (especially the MUSL version).

Parabola and Void are both pretty good imo. Parabola officially support OpenRC I think.

Void does not use systemd so thats what I assume it uses

Its arch except not shit.

Void uses Runit as its init. You literally only have to make symlinks to enable services and use sv to stop/start them.

How is it not shit compared to Arch?

Real talk - Arch is not exactly KISS just because it sucks the systemdong. Void just does its own thing.

harmful.cat-v.org/software/GNU/

I never said GNU is in any way good.
But user asks about Void as a substitute for both GNU and Libre distro. Void is neither of those.

Whats the diffirence between regular and MUSL version

Other user here. musl and glibc refer to the C libraries that software is compiled against. What I personally experienced from using musl Void is frequent kernel panics. glibc is memed as being bloated, but musl might have some ways to go if you are looking for a general use system.

Installed it on a laptop yesterday. Was buggy since the very beginning (whenever I connected to a network through the NMapplet the X server would refuse to open new windows for me). I don't think it's acceptable to firefight a system I just installed and did not touch. For the record, I was using their xfce image.

The c library against which software is compiled.
To the end user it means that all the closed software (and my fucking Panasonic printer) doesn't work.
Never got a single panic like , but a couple programs crashed with memory exceptions.

Cool idea but not ready.

Did you use 'local install'?
ISOs are terribly old by now. Use "void-mklive" instead.
Also, I recommend using "chroot" install described on the web page.

>No, it's not libre.
how come?

it was the unofficial Jow Forums binary distro, until (((they))) killed the creator and performed a hostile take over of the irc and moved the main site to a new domain

Attached: 1539445255796.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

How's using Systemd considered not KISS?

What happened with the creator? It's like he just lost interest and dissapeared from what I could read.

He simply stopped communicating with them

I use it on my laptop and desktop, it's great.

That's probably a NetworkManager issue. wpa_supplicant (+ wpa_gui if you need a graphical interface) is the way to go.

>how come?
Vivaldi and such in repos, non-free repos, non-libre kernel by default and so on.

>wpa_supplicant (+ wpa_gui if you need a graphical interface) is the way to go.
There is also Intel's iwd, but I can't make it work with my eduroam.

Attached: 2018-10-21-13:05:00-screenshot.png (776x167, 26K)

NetworkManager never did that to me on literally any other distro.

did they find the dev?

Attached: 1540094885067.jpg (310x310, 18K)