Adaway on Android - hosts sources?

I just got my hands on this app, and holy shit it really does make a difference. How the fuck can people browse the internet on Android without an app like this?
I made this thread in order to ask you if some anons had some cool hosts sources for a more efficient tracker and adblocking.

Attached: icon.png (192x192, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/blu/formats/hosts
raw.githubusercontent.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds/master/Hosts/GoodbyeAds.txt
blokada.org/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Someonewhocares.org

raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/blu/formats/hosts

And raw.githubusercontent.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds/master/Hosts/GoodbyeAds.txt

Thanks for the contribution, my man

Attached: 1520931244370.jpg (841x569, 61K)

I just use Firefox with uBlock. Why the fuck would you want the ads to still waste space?

Also, the thing that you browse is the web.

If not rooted use NetGuard from the F-droid store. I have to wait 72h to unlock my bootloader install adaway and asked myself the same question.

FF with uBlock is great for web browsing. Adaway however, does block in-app ads for me, as well as removing the space they took up.

>NetGuard
Is it better than blokada?

The only app on my phone that wont detect root and I can't find out why, it used to work fine.

Attached: adaway.png (1388x1618, 149K)

I have it and it seems like it blocks sporadically. I dont know if its the lists or what but I still see ads lots of places.

If not rooted, use Blokada blokada.org/index.html
Only one that works properly on my blackberry keyone (they're security fanatics so they won't allow you to root)

pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20181021-153849.png (1080x1620, 169K)

I have yet to find a host which blocks YouTube app ads. Think I came across something about it being impossible to block, even though I have root.

Just use NewPipe (it's not on the play store), it never shows youtube ads

Either use newpipe or youtube vanced

Guess I'll just use the YouTube app to browse recommend and open them in newpipe.

Skytube.

Mah nigga
It's crazy how much analytics and whatnot there are. My phone tries connecting to domains for everything I do.

Attached: Screenshot_20181021-085019_Blokada.jpg (1080x2158, 207K)

updated to 470k host files too now

>the absolute state