What is a good cheap LAMP stack host that will allow me to SSH remotely?

What is a good cheap LAMP stack host that will allow me to SSH remotely?

Attached: LAMP-stack.jpg (700x300, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/install-LAMP.html
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#LAMP
httpd.apache.org/
apache.org/index.html#projects-list
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Still using LAMP in 2018
>developing remotely in production by SSH
>asking for a web hotel
This is the most boomer thread all day.

>web hotel
kek

what do you suggest zoomie?

i cant run a web server on my home network because my inaccessible modem assigns my router a private ip different from my public ip

Probably something with javascript

An AWS or Azure web instance where you can set up whatever you want.

I think there's a setting for that. Pass-through or something.

Port forwarding, you clueless knobs.

I made an AWS Lightsail account last month. It's basically EC2 for small-timers. So far it's alright, but AWS uses their own flavor of Linux called Amazon AMI, which I think is basically Red Hat, but it doesn't really say anywhere.

docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/install-LAMP.html

Why not just use Linode or Digital Ocean?

>using Apache in current year
>using MySQL in current year
Install nginx and postgres

that would work if my router had a public ip

if i could access the modem and enable bridging i could make it work but as i said the modem is inaccessible

Your router has a public IP, you stupid shit. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to post that retarded post in this thread.

You probably mean static IP, but there are solutions for that (see DynDNS).

no, my modem has a public ip, my router has a private ip assigned by the modem. the modem is working as a router therefor putting me behind 2 routers one of which i can't forward any ports or enable bridging.

Do know anything about networking?

see

then offer me a solution?

No, bridge mode is not what you're looking for. You're looking for port forwarding.

Also, your modem isn't inaccessible, you're just running a firewall on it which is half of the process of port forwarding (the other half is fixing a port in your router's NAT table).

Your ignorance of networking is really starting to annoy me.

>no, my modem has a public ip, my router has a private ip assigned by the modem.
PORT FORWARDING

>the modem is working as a router therefor putting me behind 2 routers one of which i can't forward any ports or enable bridging.
Set your router in bridge mode, and set up port forwarding on the modem. You're NATing twice.

i can't set up port forwarding on the modem, it's inaccessible, i don't have the password for it. it's literally locked with a padlock in a box outside of my house.

if i could access the modem and set up port forwarding do you think i would make this thread? you sound like a britbong austist that probably cross dresses and watches too much anime by how much you assume you know everything

>i can't set up port forwarding on the modem, it's inaccessible
Call your ISP and complain.

>i don't have the password for it. it's literally locked with a padlock in a box outside of my house.
Change ISP.

Also, I don't actually believe you. I seriously doubt that your ISP would set up a forced DHCP server and forced firewall.

You're probably so stupid that you can't tell the difference.

Yeah, cause that isn’t $80/mo. At least suggest digital ocean.

At least use docker containers just for reproduceability.

>$80/month
Are you poor or something? How is this a lot?

i only have the choice between 2 isps

the old isp (charter) i had no issues hosting servers, but i had constant outages and slow speeds.

new isp is a local business providing fiber with almost 0% outages and great speeds but i don't have total control over my network

Look up JAMSTACK. You can host for free on gitlab / github.

>but i don't have total control over my network
Completely unacceptable regardless of whatever "speeds" you are getting.

Also, I still don't believe you.

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#LAMP

Jesus christ. Use some shit like Heroku if you just want to prototype something

It’s not, but it’s a waste, especially when I can get the same thing on DO for 75% less.

nginx

i don't even know that i have a modem desu, idk how my isp does it, i just know i have a cable coming from the wall that goes out to a locked box on the side of my house where the tv cable used to be.

anyway if i bypass the router , my ipv4 and default gateway are in the same subnet and trying to go to the default gateway in a browser gives me no modem page.

also both ips start with 100

you don't need a lamp stack to ssh into a machine

>web hotel

Attached: 1437945970262.jpg (255x250, 22K)

Google for a cheap vps. I think there's a site called lowendbox or something that lists really cheap vpses. Still have one that costs me 1€ per month.

apache?? i thought most of their shit was written in java? why would you use that with php???

Is this b8? Plebs use Apache with PHP because mod_php makes it easy as fuck.

apache is the name of an open source foundation. are you just referring to apache http server as "apache"? fuckin skiddies on this board man.

Ramnode has cheap vps's.

Although I use Digital Ocean.

>cheap
>good

pick one.

Good goy

Depends on your needs but a raspberry pi on your own network may be a good choice.
No ongoing cost.

Attached: raspberry_pi_3d_logo_by_davidhansson-d9nqewt.png (787x819, 92K)

if you find one that is consistantly good, you've found some sort of gem, because I have tried to find cheap ones and every time it starts out great, then a couple months goes by and you realize they've oversold and you can barely ssh into it without major lag, and hosting a simple static website becomes slow as fuck. so, yeah, ive tried and failed to find a cheap one.

However, the difference between a good one, and a cheap one, is only about $2/month, so i'd suggest you pay a tad more for quality.

ssdnodes is excellent, i have an openvz vps from them, but they are out of stock and only selling the more expensive KVMs now.

httpd.apache.org/

what are you trying to say here?

apache.org/index.html#projects-list

>What is a good cheap LAMP stack host that will allow me to SSH remotely?
The one I work for

Just get a OVH VPS, it's like $3 a month for a 10GB SSD machine with unlimited bandwidth

Ramnode is pretty cheap

what i'm trying to say is that if you referred to apache web server as just "http server" nobody would know what you're talking about. in context of this thread and conversations of web development referring to that project as "apache" is good enough because most people know what you're talking about. even you did.
it's kinda the same as gnu/linux meme.

Attached: Untitled.png (770x265, 16K)

OP didn't specify his performance needs. The free tier of EC2 instances could be sufficient for him.

As long as he's smart enough tosetup billing alerts in case something goes awry.

In my area it's just called apache httpd or apache webserver.

“LAMP” stands for “Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP”—a common combination of software to use on a web server, except that “Linux” in this context really refers to the GNU/Linux system. So instead of “LAMP” it should be “GLAMP”: “GNU, Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.”

Attached: 1472745097911.png (241x234, 91K)

based stallmanposter

>microsoft

Fuck off

Linux
Nginx
Postgres
Python

Unless you're using Alpine for the server, like you should be.

hetzner or ovh vps

what do you suggest Rajesh? Windows server hosted on Azure, written in Rust and ran from hardware in your cuckshed?

boomers these days baka

Attached: 1540071852076.jpg (600x383, 155K)

GGGG master race
GNU nGinx postGres Guile

Its called MEAN stack my boomer friend.

See

You mean MERN right?

>[L]inux [A]pache [M]ongoDB [P]ajeetware
wow so I guess you're still using a lamp stack

BCHS

Windows
IIS
MS SQL
ASP