Not use VFIO

>not use VFIO
Are u retarded?

Attached: yeah.png (640x360, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

looking-glass.hostfission.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God said 640x480, not 640x360, you fucking CIA nigger.

what the fuck, you can play portal on linux natively.

I think the point was just to demonstrate GPU passthrough to a VM

oh ok.

No. Just poor as fuck.

>both 16x/8x slots in the same iommu group
life is suffering.

There's a kernel patch that fixes it.

Great post

My mATX mobo, case, and a 2.1 slot RX480 weren't designed for this

Attached: dick.jpg (2000x1500, 826K)

Yep

I had my vfio working great until I got my new rtx2080.
Tried reconfiguring but can't be assed as I keep getting errors

Anyone doing anything interesting here, or are you just passing through GPUs for fun and games?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 20.24.39.png (3840x2400, 1.43M)

just use wine or steam's proton. why fuck with vms

CM3D2+Sybaris don't run no matter what

so much effort just to run games at subpar performance...

No, this is just a consumer general.

yeah................................ just use
windows..

How do you get GPU passthrough to run in a window?

So, pointless basically?

When I want to do interesting things with my GPU I un-passthrough it and use it natively in Linux. The passthrough to Windows is for gaming.

this..............................................................................................................................................................................but unironically

>subpar
Well, in my experience not really, stuff like BeamNG.drive work absolutetly flawlessly. I did struggle with getting CSGO to feel "right", but that can be down to my other stuff wierd stuff like zen kernel (can't play on linux since panorama is hopelessly broken). Don't really play any AAA games.
>effort
Just copypaste archwiki.

Absolutetly no. Never again.

vrchat doesn't work

I meant with VFIO and kernel hacking in general, not necessarily with GPUs. My pic is related.

He didn't, that's Windows running full screen. But looking glass is a thing though, you should check it out.

looking-glass.hostfission.com/

>He didn't
I see Portal in a window inside a Linux window that contains a Windows desktop. Either he's using looking glass or he's playing Portal with a software-virtual GPU.

>I see Portal in a window inside a Linux window that contains a Windows desktop.
You're right, my brain just blocked that out for some weird reason.

Yeah, most likely looking glass or paravirtualized GPU (mdev).

I managed to set it up, but there's stutter in sound and in some games, so I'm forced to dual-boot most of the time.

What cards does this work with? They make some mention of a DXGI requirement and "professional cards" on the site.

None, I've got this to work on a RX480 and a R7 370. Just avoid nvidia.

I haven't looked too much into it (yet), so I'm not the person to ask.

What are you using for showing the second screen on a linux window? I tried looking glass but for some reason it runs like shit, clearly below 60FPS.

>glorified restricted Gmod
It's nothing

Attached: 1539413372821.jpg (610x768, 93K)

But, why?

Don't you need two GPUs for this? (one for the VM, another one for linux)

You can use integrated graphics to run the host OS I think.

I got it working with my i5-4690, and got slight but noticeable stuttering in most games
>tfw corelet
When I upgrade to a 2600x I'll probably revisit it because it's a pain in the ass to have two PCs

No, you don't. But it's certainly easier and more convenient to just use the iGPU and launch the VM from a graphical program. You can also do it from QEmu through the command line and just tell the VM which display to show up on.

gmod isn't in vr and I can't get laid
also, I run a business in vrchat

See

I don't want to use windows.

>i5-4440S
>slight but noticeable stuttering
fuck, I hope it'll work when I get Ryzen.

why not just have two functional computers
just because you can do something in a vm doesn't mean you should

But I am using VFIO.
It's great.
Did all the performance tunings: CPU pinning, 1GB hugepages, VirtIO disk controller with writeback cache (backend is 4-disk RAID10far), renice and ionice, performance CPU governor on host, etc.
Running on the venerable FX-8370, but boy, does it run well when properly tuned.