What is the Thinkpad of eReaders, Jow Forums?

What is the Thinkpad of eReaders, Jow Forums?

I'm looking for a device that is:

>cheap
>running a modified version of Linux or Android with no botnet
>easily reparable

I had a Kobo Glo HD, and it was nice. You could open it easily and upgrade its memory, and it ran what was literally a custom Kobo app on top of the Linux kernel. But it had a non-removable battery (ugh) that was literally glued to the device.

Attached: random_eReader.jpg (980x600, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kobolabs/Kobo-Reader
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are e-readers with removable batteries?

Sony digital paper

Attached: file.png (730x1298, 1.08M)

B&N nook HD

ever since B&N went under the price of these things dropped a ton. i have cyanogen on mine and it works great for watching/reading jap shit

Attached: 03d3f79c-2f66-440a-b046-274d8b260a8b_1.369e67a8176254fc185a4b7020ae9682.jpg (1200x1200, 93K)

For me, it is the Amazon Kindle.

It isn't cheap, and it's botnet.

based Aqua lover

love the one where shes gangbanged

actual paper
fuck off ebook faggots

seems kinda unwieldy. the best wank device would be something like the kindle oasis or kobo forma, so you can hold and turn the pages with one hand, and twist the sausage with the other. touch screens are a no-go, they'd just get sticky

>Implying you can't get a Kindle fire HD for $40 and flash a custom ROM

github.com/kobolabs/Kobo-Reader
It's Kobo

Attached: kobo-touch-tetris.jpg (847x523, 64K)

I almost got a DPT/RP1 but it runs Android that locks you out of installing apps. Shit has Wi-Fi but not even a browser. I wish this one worked out, the bezels are a lot smaller than the ereader I went with, but at least mine works as a monitor too.

Went under, you're thinking of Borders and Kobo

you can fuck it open nowadays user
only reason i don't have one is i'm a poorfag and $700 for an ereader would be irresponsible

That's a tablet user. Was one of the best tablets under $200 many moons ago, probably still is because no one cares about tablets anymore
I like my Kobo Aura. It's pretty barebones but comes with an sd card slot and no Amazon botnet.

kobo aura one

a paper book.

Kindle Paperwhite 3

at that price, you can print 50,000 B/W pages, which is more than you will ever read on that ereader

what a waste of money

Attached: 1402776015228.jpg (1800x1200, 217K)

You need to factor in the cost of a heavy duty stapler that can staple more than 30 pages, plus staples. You also forgot to account for ink or toner.

what crazy bastard would blow 500€ on copying paper

I bought a Kindle 4 for 7 dollars.
Still works fine..