Why the fuck is everything a web app now

Why the fuck is everything a web app now

What happened to desktop software?

Attached: 1524959205360.jpg (970x545, 75K)

normies migrated to mobile

Cheaper to make

web works on every normie device.

Write once, run anywhere.

how else can the NSA and advertisers collect your data if you're not connected to the internet on app written in a shitty scripting language with incomprehensible and easily exploitable behavior?
Also that actor is a faggot and that movie was homoerotic, kys.

Attached: 1529795154564.jpg (600x600, 28K)

^this
Desktop is like, 4th class at this point.

I'll defend the web app meme. Browsers are so fucking powerful now that theres less of a need. Plus pajeet can get a web app up in running and distributed to the masses in like a month

It became obsolete. Get over it, virgin.

>blade runner
>the movie with all the slutbots and virtual gfs
>homoerotic

Son, I think you might be projecting.

yeah, the new zoomer saturated """cyber-punk""" cliche-fest bladerunner with the pop culture faggot lead who can't act—it's fucking gay, and it's obvious you like dick.

> Write once, run anywhere.
Bullshit, you still have to port it for IE, WebKit, Firefox, Chrome...
It's the same amount of work, than porting a desktop app.

>Bullshit, you still have to port it for IE, WebKit, Firefox, Chrome...
Is this 2009?

>Portability
>Easier to scale
>A lot easier to maintain
Not everything is going to move to a web app, but a good number of things will.

Oh yeah, because desktop applications are soooo secure.

IE/Edge is the cancer of my working life

Fucking ages behind every other browser in terms of CSS and JS functionality

You seem to have dicks on your mind often.

Attached: 1528733304937.jpg (480x360, 22K)

higher level frameworks/libraries/tooling deal with that bs for you. it's still a pain but it's less of a pain than it was, and html/js/css is easily portable across platforms/operating systems, easy to package, and still the easiest and most flexible way of writing gooies.

You can do this in most languages

lol no

Is it a problem? How shit is your desktop that it can't run a web app?

Anyone here uses i3? How do I rice this? It's not following my Arc-dark theme.

Attached: 2018-10-22-052257_531x153_scrot.png (531x153, 14K)

>parallax scrolling
>adaptive and responsive UI
>artistic color schemes made by actual designers instead of dinosaurs
>API support
>lots of frameworks
>caching
>just werks anywhere including mobile (important)

gee I wonder why

Because most mass-consumer facing product don't need to be *that* optimized to need a more comprehensive tool suite than javascript and web rendering utilities.

Enterprise & back-end software is where you get to sperg out over language choice.

yeah, they fucking are if you're not connected to the internet. And desktop apps (should) not have to be to operate, whereas web apps MUST, you dumbfuck tranny

>actual designers
oh boy, I'm so glad all my apps can now look like SHINY CANDY because some fat fuck green-haired dipshit with an """art school degree""" can copy someone else's meme css files

Theoretically runs on anything with a modern web browser. Update the server end and everyone's running the current application. And as long as you're not doing crazy client end processing, even faggots with decade old Thinkpads can use it.

That's the problem, though. Most web devs use top end latest gen 15" MBPs for development. They never bother testing their apps on older/cheaper machines, so they run like dogshit on anything but the latest and greatest.

Word has it that Apple forced the iOS dev team to use iPhones 3-5 generations back during the development of iOS 12 in order to ensure that performance issues got taken care of. These web devs should have to do something similar and be given 3 year old Chromebooks and 7 year old Walmart Dells to do their development on for one week of each month.

>homoerotic
dude what

>Cheaper to make
This, no other reason.

>some fat fuck green-haired dipshit with an """art school degree""" can copy someone else's meme css files
Right, and where did those meme css files come from again? Not having to write the same bullshit UI handling eleventy billion times is exactly why it got popular.

apparently, you don't have a job, and do work

had a reality shock recently, i had to visit a doctor after many years without needing it, he checked my throat and to do that he used the flash from his smartphone instead of just some tool in his room, that instantly raised my eyebrows like what the fuck

could barely take him seriously after that, and i really shouldn't because he misdiagnosed me lel

lel'd