/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1540100050725.jpg (1155x1633, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2iXC9T3igT4
youtube.com/watch?v=aVevvbFNKiY
youtu.be/2WY4WL5t-HM
youtu.be/I36tGmo-zKU
youtube.com/watch?v=8JNDi04ZGmw
youtube.com/watch?v=WKAOu37oMkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to lick her feet.

Z for Zeos

Attached: 2B2EEFE2-2DBB-41E6-A914-A99B618FA802.jpg (531x597, 41K)

Idol trash here. What's user setup like, your?

Attached: 1510166298839.png (936x526, 13K)

Attached: sa.jpg (850x961, 104K)

Thank you based Pastah for the face reveal. May your feets be comfy and your butt be plump.

Attached: 16629719_p0.jpg (600x800, 256K)

Hi, I need something light & portable, it'll be mostly used for listening music outside/playing battery any recommendation ?

Attached: 1539262236247.jpg (750x712, 25K)

>be Akane, the creator and covert leader of her world
>she creates humans and Kaijus. Kaijus are a natural part of the landscape, something inherent to her world.
>She periodically disciplines the population by teaching (rebuilding) them basic manners with Kaijus.
>human right activist Gridman interferes and threatens her with sanctions to open up her market and welcome more customers
>she retaliates with self-thinking artificial intelligence (Anti), which steals Gridman tech and copies whatever Gridman does
>Gridman mobilizes a coalition and engages in a proxy war through Yuta
>Akane tries to convince Yuta not to listen to Gridman propaganda through glasses dude
>Yuta drinks the Gridman cool aid and decides that kaijus aren't humans
>A war commences and the city is destroyed, more causalities are caused by Gridman than all the Kaijus combined.

Akane is just a cute little girl playing with her dolls, why does Gridman have to be so mean?
Gridman is the true invader from Akane's POV, she's just defending her turf.

In the OP, the first line "Open your eyes our world is being invaded by something." Literally ends on a shot of Gridman.

In the ED, Akane sees a Rikka about to commit suicide by jumping off the railings and she convinces her not to and becomes her friend. She later creates a bunch of friends for her and erases her memory of the incident.

Attached: Memes.jpg (2037x1282, 1.44M)

How do you guys even function without a proper guide in the OP? I came in here at least expecting some sort of recommended brands at least?

I have a dac and amp, what's a good bassy, open and comfortable headphone that feels ok with glasses and that's easy to clean up?
I'll pay whatever is needed especially if it fits all this. Bonus if it's lighter (but I don't want something so light it feels cheap)
I had a DT990 for years, I like how it sounds but the bass could have been better (I think the bass quality and power broke down at some point, weird) and it's a nightmare to clean up.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] SSSS.Gridman - 02 [1080p].mkv_20181016_233824.692.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

Holy fuck those feet make me rock hard.

>recommended brands
stax
>clean up
what did he mean by this

Attached: guide.png (1536x2800, 1.58M)

Is SSSS worth watching? Only other anime I've got this season is Goblin Slayer.

Get some planars. Fostex T60RP if you can find some, otherwise the lesser models can be modded to be close. The wood and black leather on the 60s is fucking hot.

Attached: lehwzdxmggs11.jpg (858x1200, 611K)

if money is not an issue try to get the hifiman ananda, not sure if they work with glasses, maybe a k7xx/712 be more to your liking but they do feel kind of cheap

what headphone assaults my ears without being overly bassy or bright thanks

etymotics literally rape your ears while being dead neutral, enjoy

great cinematography and direction, still to early to say if the plot is going to be good or not but it'll be a wild ride for sure

also pic related

Attached: 1539648045297.jpg (1302x1100, 354K)

AKG Q701

>SSSS worth watching?
yes

Is Hugo 2 worth it?

Attached: 1A8E7FD1-4A09-402D-9D73-9427AB6F5FDB.jpg (900x900, 44K)

could you guys please explain to me the appeal of watching an anime while it's airing? i prefer to wait until a season is over, check reviews to find the best shows of that season, and binge-watch those.

doesn't waiting a week between episodes really kill the immersion for you?

>Is SSSS worth watching?
like any other trigger anime ever, no, it's not because it's fucking terrible.

Thanks, I'll start checking these out
>what did he mean by this
Don't tell me you guys never clean them up or something.

Attached: 969.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

your brain needs time to attach to the characters, binging it in two days doesn't have the same emotional impact

I just wipe them down, there's not much to clean. You jizzing in your phones or something?

You probably didn't even make that but heres my worthless opinion
High treason:
No CAL.
No HD58X.
COP over A990Z, MSR7, MDR 1A, NAD VISO HP50, etc. Can't really do the $200 closed back tier without a list of headphones and their sound signatures IMO.
Lesser offenses because plenty of people like them despite the flaws: DT1990 aka metal DT990, treble ear rape that qualifies as far more than moderately bright.
Suggesting built like shit hyper uncomfortable L300 over a pile of other good open backs in the price range.
Could probably use a mention of used out of production/over priced stuff. That's where a bunch of the best values are. Older stax can be cheap, HE500, LCD2 is like $500 used, that koss estat is cheap, etc
Should also integrate an "amp needed/maybe needed/not needed" marker with an ASR approved low and high power amp and one budget one expensive dac.

Waiting a week is part of the experience for me. Especially when it's an original and no one know what's gonna happens next. That create great discussions (and shitposting,
Also hording fanarts, and I create some myself.

>over 2000 kilodollar dacamp with no other special features than remote and crossfeed
Why would anyone buy that instead of RME ADI-2 DAC?

Interesting, thanks. I find it works the other way around for me personally, where I lose connection with all the characters after a week. A 13 episode series lasts a little over 4 hours, and I prefer to watch the whole thing in 3 or 4 sittings

>discussions
That's a good point that I hadn't thought of earlier. I've never participated in airing anime discussions before, is it fun?

>tfw /hpg/ has become such a shithole that it's now just a circlejerk for reddit NPC tier weebs withy the more entry and casual taste ever

with the most*

Sad, isn't it?

The only shows worth watching this season are Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san and Uchi no Maid. If you disagree you need to fuck off back to r*ddit.

the only series borderline worth watching this season is bunny girl because it's like a shitty oregairu knockoff

Hi /v/

>>tfw /hpg/ has become such a shithole
implying it wasn't always one

Attached: 1472411289825.png (594x594, 379K)

My hairs stick to the insides and it's literally impossible to remove them all. And then the spongy pad on the DT990 take in my hairs' oil so I had to remove the pad (incredibly annoying process) to wash them regularly, you can't just wipe them.
Never again

>Uchi no Maid
t. reddit tier umaru fan

the bickering between sennshills and akg shills was far better than discussing entry tier garbage anime

Depends greatly about the show

>Toku is casual now
Ok.

you could swap the pads on the dt990 with the ateur suede pads, it really turn them into warm basscannon

I bet you watch shonengarbage.

What you listening too anons?

youtube.com/watch?v=2iXC9T3igT4

>now

>babbies first moeshit
umaru is fucking cancerous garbage that only npc melonpan followers think is any good. accusing me of watching shounenshit as a defense mechanism just proves you're a casual

t. accused me of watching Umaru first
Basically, you're a fucking retard and it's hilarious.

Let us see what you're watching instead. I'm sure you have the least NPC tastes ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=aVevvbFNKiY

youtu.be/2WY4WL5t-HM

If you like this look up these guys as well:

youtu.be/I36tGmo-zKU

Attached: images (8).jpg (259x194, 7K)

you literally listed moeshit "i love lolis xDD" anime that only umarufags would watch.

new dogakobo is garbage

literally nothing this season so i rewatched turn a and aria s1

youtube.com/watch?v=8JNDi04ZGmw

holy shit he's actually mad
you're an NPC

back to plebbit you go to discuss your excitement over the new madokrap anime announced

t. watches aria
nigger you think you can police anyone's taste when yours is literal 12 year old plebbit fortnight zoomer tier
lmfao@ur ass

aria was popular on /a/ but you probably wouldn't realize since you started lurking neo-/a/ a month ago and /a/ died when TTGL aired

aria is literally babby's first healing show that's so milquetoast that nobody really cares about it, try to fit in more you fucking zoomer

My DT is basically destroyed anyway, this guide says the 880 is well built but it's not true at all, I've never owned such a JUST piece of hardware, the chassis couldn't handle the weight at all and broke down, the bass lacked power in about a year, the upper pad could leak the black pain (???) etc
Fuck beyerdynamic

babby's first iyashikei is non non biyori you fucking newfag

>best season in 2 years
>literally nothing
Enjoy watching aria forever you bot.

Stop trying so hard to fit in.

>sao
>index
>jojo
>another terrible trigger series
>a subpar mappa series
>more cookie cutter moeshit
easily the worst season in the last 2 years

>hes one of those fucktards who judges a season by what's popular
lmao we get it your an edgy kid 'every season is shiiit maaaan born in le wrong generation'

>>more cookie cutter moeshit
And you exposed yourself just like that.

hello npc sorry i hurt your feelings because you only watch whats popular on those reddit lists. back to goblin slayer you go

youtube.com/watch?v=WKAOu37oMkM

Agreed, my Sennheiser hd598 on the other has been sturdy as fuck and never even once broke or experienced anything like my beyerdynamic had.

You're the most likely to watch goblin slayer /v/ child

pretending moeshit is anything but moeshit won't help you fit in newfag. good stuff like azumanga doesn't exist anymore

Dude this LARP is so fucking autistic dude just shut the fuck up

>Not watching Goblin Slayer and Tensura

Attached: 1513770798613.png (548x666, 361K)

>"no u"
well done reddit you got me good

Ok this has this to be bait.

>cable on my dt770 is dying
help what do I do

Nice subbass @ bot right.
*sips*

Attached: 1526780963578.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

you literally did the same thing like ten times you fucking autistic LARPer

>LARP
just exposing how new you are holy shit this board is dead
here's your (You)
new

>actually use the term moeshit
>not new
Ironing etc

Wow look at the fucking recoiling, just leave if you're so unhappy le epic 30 year old man with EPIC taste in chinktoons

moeshit predates you by a longshot

Been using the HD 58X Jubilee from massdrop. Shit's good for the price. I haven't modded yet, but with the minimal difference in sound, I don't see the need to at this point.

>being this much of a zoomer
"yikes" as the hip sjws on twitter would say

Of course it does, that's why anime was so good for so long, normalfagcore.

Shut the fuck up you autistic virgin

you wouldn't know because you've seen less than 50 series

>projecting
cute

Ironing

>"no u"
well done reddit you got me good

i don't think you know what irony means

Threadly reminder the HD800S is a shit headphone that chips and Benchmark is a delusional snake oil company that sells overpriced garbage to morons.

Attached: 1507481253675.jpg (1280x720, 200K)

>benchmark
>snake oil
the absolute state of neo-/hpg/

Did they pull that dac out of 1993 or something?

>spending $2000 on a DAC that is audibly indistinguishable from an ODAC
the absolute state of neo-/hpg/

If you buy headphones made out of plastic you are mentally retarded.

Attached: 1503009240504.jpg (747x756, 137K)

>buying an ODAC
go back

you're mistaken this isn't reddit, i'm a

oh it isn't reddit? you sure had me convinced you fucking reddit cancer crossposter

yeah is that why you told me to go back to /hpg/ sorry to burst your bubble but you're the one out of place here

That's weird, my DT880 is about 5 years old and all i had to do so far was getting new pads around the forth since the originals were so worn out.

The irony is that you pretend to be an anime expert or something but you're in fact very obviously an elitist basedboy newfag who prefer "manime" or wholesome sols, you're triggered by moe, your tastes check all the boxes of a /v/tard normalfag, you wouldn't even be able to post or /a/ or even the /a/ from 10 years ago (not that anything really changed) and I'm sure glad no more anime is made for buttmad neckbeards like you.

i've seen more moe and anything else than you have, i'm definitely qualified to call the newfag shit that airs these days that you consider 'moe' moeshit

Especially if they're overpriced shitty sennheiser treble rape phones

there's a lot of fake ones floating around