Is stock thermal paste any good?

I got a 2700X, and I also happen to have Artic Silver 5 at hand. I plan to use the stock cooler (equivalent to an Evo 212, and... much better than the Intel stock cooling solution, kek) for the time being. Should I even bother replacing the stock thermal paste for Artic Silver 5? Considering how good of a stock cooler the Wraith Prism is, I can't imagine they'd cheap out on the preapplied thermal paste.

Should I swap the stock thermal paste?

Attached: wraith prism.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

It's stock thermal paste. If you're only using the wraith for a short time, who cares? A blob of as5 isn't going to break the bank in any case.

the paste doesn't matter much and it especially won't matter on your 2700x because you won't even be able to overclock it high enough to go anywhere near t junction

Attached: h.png (590x1299, 62K)

fuck, sorry, this pic is better

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9YL0ovNjk4NDU1L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA0LnBuZw==.png (712x1973, 412K)

No enties like "toothpaste", "peanut butter" and "chocolate".

Thanks. It seems comparing some thermal pastes to toothpaste isn't that far off.
Does overclocking the RAM make Ryzen hotter? I'm going to use 4x8GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL14 on a Crosshair VII Hero.

>No enties like "toothpaste", "peanut butter" and "chocolate".
Here (One entry is a joke).

Attached: thermal paste.png (464x928, 39K)

It depends. The short answer is that your thermal paste should reflect your cooler and your cpu.
If your CPU weak sauce or your cooler isn't amazing then your thermal paste wont change any big thermal bottlenecks.
Budget cpu, budget cooler, budget paste.
Pemium CPU OC, premium cooler, premium paste.

Wrong.

>Wrong.
I guess you mean because people using liquid metal on laptops?

retard
enjoy your stock cooler going 90% all time

>instead of getting a better cooler I rather dump my money into paste
>I rather get small gains, over huge gains in terms of temperature/noise
Yeah fuck off retards.

>syringe of high quality paste is 10 bucks
>has 10 applications inside it
>can't spend 1 buck on proper paste
>rather buys a cooler he doesn't need
Thank God people like you exist, the ones who can't think for themselves will always fall for the advertising and marketing jews, giving easy work for those who actually can think.

>thermal paste will make the difference, not an actually decent heatsink
>e-enjoy your stock cooler going 90% all time
>s-should have bought the paste and reduced your temps by 2-5 deg instead of getting a better cooler and reducing it by 10-30 deg

>dump my money into paste
Jeez man a tube of Conductonaut is less than $14.88. Meanwhile even the budget coolers like a 212 Evo are over twice as much

>g-guys d-don't buy a decent cooler, buy our paste instead!
>intel stock cooler is good enough, you just need some liquid metal common!
fuck off retard/shill.

I used an example of the most expensive, usually overkill thermal paste. Thankfully there isn't RTX thermal paste yet, they're all just a minor part of the budget.
>intel stock cooler is good enough
Do they even bother to ship a heatsink these days? Does it come with a fan too?

Attached: intel stock cooler.jpg (1280x720, 224K)

God you literally have no idea about pastes, how much temp they actually drop and how much a better cooler drops temps. Jesus fucking chirst.
>use premium paste with your stock cooler
>n-no you don't actually have to use premium paste, just buy something new, the stock paste SURELY is not good enough for a stock cooler
Go read a book nigger, study some fucking thermal dynamics or something you clearly are nigger tier IQ.

You were talking specifically about budget CPUs and the coolers they come with. Ryzen 3 for examples, comes with a more than enough cooler for 65W but absolute dogshit paste.
Please, go hang yourself or retain for posting if you're actually unable to carry on conversations and/or have no idea about the topics in hand.

yup, it will just make things worse

>how much temp they actually drop and how much a better cooler drops temps.
Nigger a paste just drops a few degrees for a few dollars. Once you reach the sweet spot of "good air cooler", improving the cooler can mean a big investment, as there isn't much to gain from even the cheap AIOs. So you can drop 6 degrees with $15 of thermal paste rather than a lot more with stuff like custom loops.

Attached: more-bang-for-your-buck.jpg (400x400, 39K)

Good paste can drop a few degrees but costs 1 USD per application.
A stock cooler these days (i.e. Ryzen ones) is more than enough, but usually comes with cheap paste.
A new cooler on the other hand that does a better job, is 40-60 USD at least.

Attached: MwTxszR.jpg (2419x3226, 925K)

>So you can drop 6 degrees with $15 of thermal paste
Quit acting like they are using coolers without any paste at all.

>but absolute dogshit paste.
Even mayonase would do a decent job, the only issue is that it dries up fast.

>but usually comes with cheap paste.
It's good enough, the money on a new paste is better spent on anything else, such as a cooler or an extra fan.

>thermal dynamics
this is b8

>Quit acting like they are using coolers without any paste at all.
No, that's excellent thermal paste vs good thermal paste.