*INHALES*

*INHALES*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Previous thread

Attached: 1511712036528.png (586x963, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/products/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NPCs will buy it anyway.

They always do.

Attached: 1517466173229.jpg (1100x779, 504K)

>someone copy pasted all these npc faces over every single person there
that's actually so funny

Attached: 1478685839779.jpg (1200x654, 89K)

Look closer, anyone not using apple computers has their face exposed.

Takes like a minute with Control+V in GIMP or Paint.

Attached: 1514402470026.gif (438x255, 1.78M)

Honestly i'll still take apples fuckery over microsofts any day

>MacOS and Windows are my only choices
>MacOS only runs on Macs

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 4.33.34 PM.png (1366x768, 499K)

He actually missed some

i need functional audio drivers for work, so yes, those are my only choices.

Audio on all of my hackintoshes works, both through the speakers and the headphone jacks, so do my microphones. Where is your fruity god now?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 4.40.39 PM.png (1305x539, 88K)

awful trackpad support

My trackpad works exactly the same as it did under Linux or Windows. If you want a nice trackpad then buy a laptop with a better trackpad, retard.

thats cool. how's the latency?

>dumb tech illiterate soccer mom needs her macbook fixed
>too poor to go to a genuine shop so she goes to Pajeets Mac Repair
>does a shoddy job and stops working (look how many shitty repair shops Louis has had to unfix fixes from on his channel)
>"ugh apple products are so bad I'm never buying one again"

Gee I wonder why apple doesn't let people use third party repair services.

I don't work with audio stuff so I have no idea. Audio works the same as it did under Linux or Windows.

The solution is to make people take an IQ test. Anyone who scores less than 80 gets shot or enslaved. This would solve 90% of the world's problems.

>under Linux or Windows
there's a big difference between how these work with audio. linux is completely out of the picture with all those subsystems. latency is horrid. windows can be pretty good if you have a soundcard with asio, but windows itself is something i want to leave behind.

apples fuckery seems, to me, to come down to "this shit's expensive" which i can live with.

Well, if you're dropping $2000 on Macshit there's no reason why you can't drop $200 on a ThinkPad and spend a Saturday installing MacOS to test it out.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Missouri needs that many journos?

>it's a mactoddler NPC thinks his fruit babby OS will ever belong on Jow Forums episode

Admit it, those two stacies in the center probably have macs too.

Wait MacOS can work on thinkpads? Also the reason that audio has lower latency is probably due to Apple's software optimizations, probably wouldn't work.

>t. NPC

already got a few. you're saying it's around a day to install? if so, i just might, i'm curious about how the default user experience is like, and how unix-y it is.

however i'm defenitely buying it for the "just werks" aspect. i just want this workstation that does what it should and if it does not, it somebody elses fault. i have other computers to fuck around with, i dont want that to interfere here.

>Wait MacOS can work on thinkpads?
Yes. I'm using it on an X230 right now.

>the reason that audio has lower latency is probably due to Apple's software optimizations
I doubt it. Do you know of any software I could use to test it? I don't have any specialized hardware, so keep that in mind.

>stop soldering every fucking part, incl cpu/ram/ssd to the board
>design PCBs properly
>BGA underfill, conformal coating
>liquid diversion channels
>proper thermal design

Boom, 99% of product failures avoided

Attached: 1451797737627.jpg (600x800, 72K)

Imagine being a subhuman appletoddler.

Attached: 1534813032371.png (489x474, 238K)

>you're saying it's around a day to install?
On a common model with good guides? Yeah, around a day if you spend a few hours reading, preparing, and tinkering. I got everything on my X230 working in a day with High Sierra except for WiFi (stock card is just incompatible). I bought a $10 TP-Link adapter that works fine though, and if I need to download a really large file I'll just tether my phone over USB or hook up to Ethernet.

Small updates always work fine. I just went from 10.13.4 to 10.13.6 without a hiccup. It's the major version upgrades you need to worry about, which only come once a year. Wait a couple months and just watch the forums to see what issues people have. So far I've seen people with X230s using Mojave so I might attempt an upgrade in the coming weeks. Make a backup before every update like this.

>i'm curious about how the default user experience is like, and how unix-y it is
It's like Linux with a different desktop environment and graphical toolkit. You can run most of the same tools and it's mostly POSIX compliant.

>however i'm defenitely buying it for the "just werks" aspect
Once you get everything together it mostly just works. Some stuff like WiFi will probably require new hardware. Same with Bluetooth. It doesn't work on my machine but I don't use it ever, so I don't care. What this really boils down to is whether or not saving thousands of dollars is worth a few days of your time. I think it is.

No idea, I'm not , never used a mac computer in my life.

MacOS has a lot of the same features you'd find in something like GNUStep on Linux. Having applications bundled into .app files is really nice. A .app file is just a folder that holds other folders and files, executables, etc. Though having them be self contained and in one directory is nice.

I think Linux would do well to start making similar packages and sticking them under /apps or under /bin or something and just making more symlinks for legacy software.

Imagine being a poorfag who could only afford samshit and chinkpad

>self contained and in one directory is nice
This is why no one takes mactard brainlets seriously.
Macos .app folders include an installer, and they shit their installation files all over your drive like any other installer on other OSs. Just because your knowledge of computers is limited to clicking and dragging colorful icons around doesn't mean that's what the computer is actually doing in the background.

>Macos .app folders include an installer
No they don't. They include applications which may add hidden files in your home directory or elsewhere if given permission to do so. Actual installers are .pkg files.

that's actually pretty cool, might actually do this. should be a fun project. i've seen people talking about "homebrew" - is this a package manager for 3rd party software? or a workaround for some apple walled garden stuff?

>What this really boils down to is whether or not saving thousands of dollars is worth a few days of your time. I think it is.
Thing is, what if i accidentally install an update? What if i get new hardware and it doesn't want to interface? What if some desireable software needs a newer macos version? Fixing that would NOT be a fun project.

If anything, you've convinced me to do both.

>i've seen people talking about "homebrew" - is this a package manager for 3rd party software? or a workaround for some apple walled garden stuff?
It's a third party package manager that works a bit like apt or something that'll allow you to install a lot of useful software. My needs are pretty simple though, so the command line software I use just gets into ~/bin and exported to the shell in my bashrc. I've found I don't really need Homebrew, though I have used it before.

>what if i accidentally install an update?
Just turn off automatic updates and this never happens.

>What if i get new hardware and it doesn't want to interface?
I've never had this happen. As long as it has a driver for MacOS it'll work. Just read before buying, just like with anything else.

>What if some desireable software needs a newer macos version?
All MacOS software I've seen supports at least the current version and the one before it. A lot of companies who use MacOS lag behind by a full year with major version updates while they wait for bugs and other issues to be ironed out.

>the ones not having apple laptops are two woman smiling and sitting in a very relaxed pose
rly made think

>npcOS user
Opinion discarded.

>no, you are the NPC!
>you use

Attached: 1539200647835.png (680x834, 270K)

>t. npcOS user

Attached: 1525250772648.jpg (500x376, 17K)

Buy Purism
puri.sm/products/

Attached: l13-v3-turns81.png (960x540, 52K)

>buy rebadged clevos

Attached: 1512707387504.jpg (1000x1243, 315K)

>shadman

Attached: 3048t6c-9wb8f.png (200x210, 41K)

>opinion
>when its a fact
Hurrr

let's be real, windows is just as much of an NPC system as os x, maybe even more so

>those poorly edited iPhones and pixelated apple logo
Andreet seal of quality.

Attached: android_wojak_knowyourmeme_www.9gag.com.jpg (2048x2048, 413K)

Imagine making a strawman arguement.