That's it. I'm buying Topre

That's it. I'm buying Topre.

Attached: fc660c.jpg (1620x1080, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nizkeyboard.com/product/2018-new-arrival-84-bluetooth-usb-ec-keyboard-with-rgbnon-rgb/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>why yes I do spend over 100$ for some sound and muh feels
i don't get it

and then what?

>i don't get it
There's nothing to get. Japanese rubber dome folded a thousand times is the worst meme.

man, when you spend like 15-20 hours a day at a computer you start to appreciate nice things more, even if they cost extra money. if you want a quiet switch that still feels not-garbage topre is literally the only option out there unless you wanna get the keyboard equivalent of a chastity device which is o-rings for cherry mxs or something

i got a realforce 87u a few years ago and i absolutely fuckin love that thing, everything feels just right and i honestly don't care if it's TeChNiCaLlY rubberdome or not since i'm more concerned with how the board actually feels instead of whether or not it'll get me into the sekrit mechboard club. if somebody can find me a normal cheap rubberdome that feels equally as nice then i'll use that, but since nobody has been able to actually do such a thing i have no reason to use anything else

>That's it. I'm wasting money

Attached: 1481962219570.png (220x197, 31K)

Do I go for that or fc660c

that looks beyond retarded

depends on how often you use home/end/pgup/down, i happen to use them extremely often so the fc660c layout doesn't work for me

poorfag, also plenty of cheap topre boards exists these days so even for poorfag standards i don't know what you're on about

pshhht....I have some $5 acer rubber domes that feel exactly like topres. Don't tell anyone though, because it's a secret.

daily reminder that if you hate topre you are literally no different than that stupid faggot kid at school growing up who only ate poptart and complained if you dare preferred toaster strudels even though toaster strudels are objectively better than poptarts, which also justifies the added cost

Attached: toasterstrudel.jpg (500x282, 29K)

ribber shit

Daily reminder that topre rubber domes are audiophile levels of being retarded. I can get that some people really like certain keyboard layouts, but the actual "topre" rubber dome is a bit much. I've had hhkbs, and they just feel like regular rubber domes. I used to pretend that they felt so much better only, because I needed to justify the cost (mostly to other people who asked about it).

hhkbs are weak my guy, those aren't nearly stiff enough. i tried a hhkb once and it felt like garbage compared to my 55g realforce, which also happened to be cheaper

People using anything different than a Logitech K210 should be shot on sight.

Have you tried any 90's rubber dome keyboards? You might really like them, and they are very cheap.

show that theyre cheap

best keyboard right here bros

Attached: MRMH2.jpg (4000x1800, 1.03M)

>show that theyre cheap
ebay

>no function key row
into the trash it goes

Attached: 1537663224653.jpg (613x531, 36K)

Why not get a Model M for some buckling-spring goodness?

>undersized backslash
>no separation between F keys
>retarded extra key between F12 and F13
>chiclet
disgusting

anyone have the name of that buckling spring keyboard with the trackpoint on it? I'd love to have that one

>no alt key
Into le trash it goes.

What's with the extra inch and a half at the front of the keyboard? Never understood that about realforce. Also, are hhkbs really that much worse than realforce?

M13

i actually really like the extra little bit at the top, we all got our preferences. the model m also has something like that but people don't seem to mind it for some reason. but honestly yeah after trying out an hhkb i didn't like the feel of it at all compared to the realforce, i might be biased since i prefer heavier switches in general but the 55g realforce was great. not sure if i can say the same for the 30g/45g realforces as i haven't tried them though, but the hhkb felt way too light to type on. the layout also doesn't personally appeal to me since i'm not a vim user but that's kinda unrelated
>inb4 55g isn't heavy
if this weren't topre i'd agree but the way topre actuates the difference matters a lot more, it's fucky and i'm not sure how to explain but a 55g topre feels like a 65g mx

>non-illuminated keys

>membrane
no thx

Attached: lpp.jpg (2544x4000, 865K)

Welcome to the best club on Jow Forums, please enjoy your stay.

Accurate.

Respectable but short sighted.

I'm not sure what's more pathetic, the gaymer RGB autism or needing to look at your keyboard for functional reasons. Sort yourself out.

Attached: 4B389AE7.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Leopold FC900R vs Ducky One 2?

Attached: 1540004581372.gif (1024x691, 545K)

leopold is nice

Hows ducky nowadays?

i've used topre since 2013. i derive no enjoyment from it unless i am actually thinking about my keyboard from reading a post like OP. 99% of the time it's just "my keyboard" and i'm focused on what i'm doing and not my keyboard.

They're okay keyboards. Definitely better then most of the gaymer brands out there, but not as good as Leopold when it comes to build quality.

Is there a difference between micro usb and c-usb when it comes to a keyboard?

I noticed ducky has c-usb connections on the keyboard but everyone else is still using micro or mini whatever they are.

it's more convenient to plug in and that's really about it

Is there an easy way to find more info or reviews about this keyboards?
Leopold are particularly hard to find in english

Is there any reason for key modifiers other than shift and alt? That gives every key (other than shift and alt) four possible uses. having a fn, ctrl, and "super" key for 16 possible effects for every key seems a bit excessive.

Except it's 10,000 times better then any cherry shit.

Matias/alps switches shit on any cherry switch.

This. I had an old Compaq rubber-dome keyboard at work and it was the best rubber-dome keyboard I ever had. Doesn't quite reach the mechanical ones, but still BTFOs 99% of the market.

No thank you, I've used the same filco for 8 years, I don't need a new keyboard.

i agree but they still aren't quieter than topre with the best feels in the game

This is layout. Not a keyboard. Keyboards' value includes more shit than just how buttons are placed you memer.

If you want quietness and good typing feel, then why not MX clears?

My Topre have been really good for my wrist pain of 15 years, gradually getting better and better.. however I didn't like the variable force board layout and swapped the housing with a 55g version and (all the board internals are the same for the 104 key versions)

Anything is better than cherry, what the fuck is your point?

Yes but where can you buy real blue ALPS KBs nowdays? the clones are garbage in my opinion after owning a never used PS2 keypad, the humble keyboard is one area where there are more choices than ever but they are all shit.

topre is so=so
i don't know why people deny that it's got a unique feel, because it clearly does

thinking it's a good feel is the subjective part

the moment you spend money on topre you've gone full cirlce

they're literally glorified rubber domes

i highly doubt that its any better than the rubber dome keyboard i got for 2$ that im using right now. except for key rollover of course.

Is the Model M meme over? Why doesn't anyone mention buckling spring, which it is?

realforce 55g, 45g or fc660c

Realforce Hi-Pro has the best feeling switch I ever used but I don't like the damn layout and the "sunken" keys, sounds really cool too..

People found out that the model M is actually a membrane keyboard and not mechanical which sucks for programing and gayming. The model F meme however has just begun

you have are rarted

>doesn't come in JIS layout
sad.

>please buy my $500 buy it now auction for a model f, I don't have 200 of them in a warehouse

>tfw there were only 200 model F77s ever made and most of them were destroyed
At least someone had the autism to make new ones.

Attached: cag.gif (500x376, 992K)

fc660c comes with some of the best stock pbt keycaps, its amazing aesthetics wise as well

>Topre
ribber shit

>cheap topre
cheap my balls. if you want cheap you go membrane.

Topre is like driving a Rolls Royce with your hands.

>there are people that buy 100k cars when a 300 one can do the same job

Attached: 1451156314659.jpg (159x183, 13K)

>t. notopre
Topre is like fingering your little sister.

Is Topre for chads?

that's my keyboard....except mine is black

Attached: mechkeyboard.jpg (1012x688, 190K)

Depends on the spring weight.

Only if you don't know how to type.

how do you like it

I like it a lot. Would buy again. Hard to find this exact model though, but thankfully this keyboard is holding up great for the 5 years I've had it.

Dont listen to pathetic noobs who cant afford one, topre is the only read switch, quiet and provides great feedback, shit doesn't break and once you get used to it, there is no going back
Exactly this. Topre is better than pure mechs, pathetic poorfags will try to justify cherrymx, but its just mass produced shit for gamer bois

Okay but which one?
realforce 45g, 55g, hipro, fc660c?
I got mx reds and I wish they were harder. But I also heard 45g Topre is harder than 45g cherrys so maybe 55g would be too much

pus break? Eww.

Attached: pus break.jpg (346x362, 12K)

when you break for some Pus

Attached: __enoshima_junko_danganronpa_and_danganronpa_1_drawn_by_sukja__31cefab913c94e28c070c4e4078244e3.png (700x1000, 801K)

ok, but then you're getting worse quality. i don't mind paying 90% more to get only a 10% better product, because to me that 10% still matters a lot. "good enough" is a stupid mentality to have unless you're actually flat out broke in which case i'm sorry

as a car enthusiast this is just flat out ridiculous. just because a porsche 911 and used geo metro do the same task, doesn't mean they share the same purpose (that and one performs that task objectively better than the other in almost every regard). if you have more than enough money, and also enjoy driving as a hobby, you'd be stupid not to go for the former (unless you hate porsches i guess)

you realize that the way you guys treat topre is the same way normal people treat mechboards as a whole right? "eww why would you spend $100 on a keyboard, this $10 one from walmart works just fine!", it's just that the price gap is higher so people feel more inclined to complain about it

based

are you used to model ms? not the unicomp kind since i've found those feel stiffer, but my realforce 55g feels a lot like my model m in regards to the force needed to type. my problem with the hhkb is that it didn't feel lighter as much as it just felt like the topre "bump" wasn't as hard, if that makes sense. I'd definitely say 55g topre feels slightly harder than 55g cherry, but it's not a mindblowing gap

user seems like an audiophile.

are 7506s considered audiophile or nah, because afaik that's basically the headphone equivalent of a coolermaster mx blue board

Don't get a Leopold, most of the reason to buy topre and realforce is the insane build quality

Topre would be smart to start selling mechs with genuine Alps Electric switches, it's a wonder they don't make any mechs _at all_ given their manufacturing capabilities.

Can't wait to have a completely cable free desktop.

nizkeyboard.com/product/2018-new-arrival-84-bluetooth-usb-ec-keyboard-with-rgbnon-rgb/

Attached: 1_1.jpg (600x600, 46K)

why? thats just stupid and basedboiy teir. wired peripherals are much cheaper anyways and you also dont have to fucking charge them, they also have alot less input lag.

Topre makes membrane switches for medical, and industrial/commercial keyboards/keypads. It's their manufacturing niche, and part of why they are expensive.

> you also dont have to fucking charge them
I've had an old bt keyboard that needed a charge only every few months, hardly a bother.

> they also have alot less input lag
From reviews of past models, the input lag isn't noticeable for most usages. I might wire it up for casual gaming if needed.

> wired peripherals are much cheaper
Time to start putting those computer skills to use