HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tasnimnews.com/en/news/2018/10/21/1858041/windows-10-october-update-may-lead-to-data-loss-again

Attached: 1540004288062.png (720x1000, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.zorinaq.com/i-contribute-to-the-windows-kernel-we-are-slower-than-other-oper/
github.com/maharmstone/btrfs
geekwire.com/2018/microsofts-record-year-helps-ceo-satya-nadella-bring-home-25m-2018-compensation/
forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-how-to-merge-folder-contents-not-replace.274241/
superuser.com/questions/117621/how-to-merge-and-not-replace-folders-when-copying-on-the-mac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You've got to be kidding me

>According to Reddit users, and in my own testing, when extracting files from a Zip archive using the Windows 10 File Explorer, the operating system will fail to extract files with the same name which already exist in that location. Not overwriting files is, of course, a good default option, but the issue is that File Explorer does not notify the user of this action (using the default dialogue above), or give the user a choice, instead giving the impression that the files have been appropriately copied, MSPoweruser reported.

It's fucking nothing.

WIDF has arrived already

Windows users will never know what it feels like to have all your data perfectly preserved and notified of damage.

Attached: Screenshot_20181021_195243.png (538x779, 54K)

Fuck off shill.

Only happens if...
>You extract using windows file explorer
>Don't realise not all files have been extracted
>Delete the archive

If you fail all three checks you're legit sub 50 IQ

>You extract using windows file explorer
You can?

>Oh god, the NTFS code is a purple opium-fueled Victorian horror novel that uses global recursive locks and SEH for flow control. Let's write ReFs instead. (And hey, let's start by copying and pasting the NTFS source code and removing half the features! Then let's add checksums, because checksums are cool, right, and now with checksums we're just as good as ZFS? Right? And who needs quotas anyway?)
>blog.zorinaq.com/i-contribute-to-the-windows-kernel-we-are-slower-than-other-oper/

Attached: 1536299609130.gif (322x300, 953K)

>not using 7zip

>"when extracting files from a Zip archive using the Windows 10 File Explorer"
>"also not present when using 3rd party Zip applications"

Apparently so.

>this stalled pasta from 2011

>out of tree FS

You might as well install the BTRFS driver in windows then

github.com/maharmstone/btrfs

windows 10 is malware

And not one thing has changed

Attached: 1537977148334.png (576x700, 350K)

install gentoo

> -again

windows has kernel?

This happened to me... on a single months old insider build. Is that the one they pushed to the stablecucks?

It's pretty roundabout in comparison to the previous issue.
Still not as bad as the OSX copying directories issue.

Meanwhile at Microsoft HQ:

geekwire.com/2018/microsofts-record-year-helps-ceo-satya-nadella-bring-home-25m-2018-compensation/

*microsharts your data*
>heh
>nothing personal

the random freeze hangs are back aswell. Fun stuff... It was fixed in 1803 after being introduced in 1703 but now it's back again

>Still not as bad as the OSX copying directories issue.
Tell us all about it.
With references outside your febrile imagination, of course.

Attached: cuck.png (245x320, 129K)

forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-how-to-merge-folder-contents-not-replace.274241/

And before
>2007
superuser.com/questions/117621/how-to-merge-and-not-replace-folders-when-copying-on-the-mac

As always. This pic is proven right.

Attached: 1511461412855.jpg (1024x331, 40K)

i see no reason to chose win 8/8.1 over 7 or 10.
no reason at all, it has all the ugliness of 10and the lack of dx12 and newer feature like 7

Should've said Windows Tech Support - Calcutta has arrived