I never understood why android never feels snappy

I never understood why android never feels snappy.
Over the years i had android phones from low tier to high end
How come a 8 core, 3gb Ram, stock android one phone doesnt feel as snappy as a iphone who is 5 years old.
No amount of ram or processing power seems to keep up to needs with android.
>hurr durr thia 1000$ android runs ok lol /thread
Is android 's software quality that bad?

Attached: IMG-20181019-WA0043.jpg (1280x1015, 44K)

My $150 xiaomi as snappy as iphone 7. I've tested it

because you're a fucking cuck using the shitty stock rom

try a Pixel

I have a A1 user, dunno how you get it so snappy
A good OS should be usable even if you aren't willing to crack open the root system

Attached: IMG-20181020-WA0125.jpg (720x403, 27K)

my s6 is snappy

Attached: s6.webm (720x1280, 2.88M)

>A good OS should be usable even if you aren't willing to crack open the root system
Not really, it's the same shit when you get a PC and the first thing you do is a clean Linux/Windows install.
The shit that comes by default is always garbage.

>Is android 's software quality that bad?
It's not bad per say, but it does run everything in the Android Virtual Machine as opposed to bare metal.

Think of an OS like a sandwich. Android is a more thiccer sandwich than iOS. As a result it uses more and more resources enable to do what it can do while keeping the security sandbox.

I just find strange that android needs 2 gb of ram for tasks that an iPhone can do with 1gb or less
Should be usable, of course i can disable stuff i don't use on windows to make it faster
But if the average user needs to install a 3rd party rom just to be usable, thats a problem

Who fucking cares it's 2018. The only program or (((APP))) you stare at is the browser.

>thats a problem
Indeed it is, but sadly that's the only way to squeeze the most performance out of your device.

>remote controller app has ads in it

Because you leave animations on.
Of course it won't feel snappy when it is animating things.

You're full of shit.
Note8 and iPad Pro 10.5 owner.

iOS feels more sluggish and suffers from more app reloads due to little RAM.

>lagPhone

Attached: 1518298231453.webm (640x360, 2.65M)

What phone is that on the right?

runs fine on my machine

>blue screen

/thread

>you have to fuck with the OS to get android phones into a useable state

Attached: 1524874389059.jpg (471x388, 94K)

Optimization does wonders user. in a perfect world all programs would be optimized so we dont need as much ram and high spec components as we do right now

>lagPhones will never be in a usable state

Attached: 1537951829425.png (661x892, 116K)

Fuck peel

>5year old iPhone is snappy
Yeah... You're full of shit, fucking shill

Neither will android.

Because you haven't been using Android.

Imagine 100s of Pajeets making a mobile operating system with millions of Pajeets making apps. There's your answer.

I have it too and it runs great and smooth at nearly aways 60fps + I don't install things like toolbars ,special wallpaper apps and shit. BTW, did anything bigger happend in the October update?

Now imagine that abomination being faster than iOS. What a time to be alive.

My $210 Nokia 6.1 plus is much snappier than my old iPhone 5s.

You've clearly never used an iphone that is 5 years old.
> t. bought a 5s for some dumbass reason, and realised how shit iOS runs on it.

I wouldn't say it's bad, bit Apple has 100% control over both hardware and software.

The Google Android devices have seemed better than non-google Android devices with equal specs, likely for the same reason.

I also suspect that Android in general has more crapware bundled with it than iOS, which doesn't help either.

My note 8 is fine, but only after liberal use of pm uninstall. Considering picking up an iPhone 8 plus for some testing work.

If the notch comes to all the new devices I'll go back to Windows phones. I have several 950xls and elite X3s in a cabinet at home.

Fuck the notch.

>street shitting ipoojeet makes up lie on the spot
>24 baited morons reply seriously instead of reporting
>rinse and repeat daily x20

Attached: 1516504430499.gif (250x250, 31K)

But iphones were never snappy. They've been using long-ass animations to appear smoother. Android doesn't so everything appears snappy but it stutters more often. Pixel phones focus on smoothness, even the first pixel stutters less than any other current year phone, Oneplus focus on snappiness by reworking animations to not just be faster, but to LOOK like they finish faster. Other manufacturers are just bloating up their phones for no fucking reason. Android one phones are somewhere in between pixel and oneplus.

It's a camera OS with a desktop kernel that got ported tho phones in a rush and then poor Google had to slap more shit into it. If anything, it runs really well considering what kind of clusterfuck it is.

Note 3 running Lineage 15 doesn't feel sluggish at all

>Android one phones are somewhere in between pixel and oneplus.
I've been using an Android GO phone for a few months and while it is faster than my old S2 I do wish it was a bit less cullhappy on the memory

Would you say that if the conclusion of the video is the iPhone is faster?
kek.

Try adjusting low memory killer values, also there's a build.prop value for hard limit of maximum number of running processes.

It doesn't seem that way since the soiPhone takes longer in everything. Maybe it wins in some useless benchmark app. I don't really care even if it would be faster, I just object these ad threads.

soiPhone, cute word play rakesh. But you are correct its faster in every possible way when you don't consider its animations opening applications.

But keep enjoying your cherry picked webm circle jerk.

>I don't care what the data and results say this 4 second snippet says otherwise

>I can't understand basic english
>but I call others rakesh
You're not fooling anyone. I said I don't care even if it would be faster. I'm not buying your product mr. brown person. Just let this shill thread die already.