>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Today's question: What are you looking forward to? Personally, I took the plunge for a Realforce 108UH, and have some sample sets of those BKE Redux domes to mess around with.

Attached: 1540181255.png (1258x1150, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pckeyboard.com/page/product/SK720C
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what are you trying to do user? its to late, lets go sleep and let this thread die

Attached: IMG_20171219_171811_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 2.26M)

how much is a leopold FC980M with kalih box blacks with a color scheme similar to the IBM model M worth?

I bought a code wasd 104 with mx clears my body is ready

Slightly less than a new 980M, probably.

do you think if i kept it until these keyboards arent made anymore that it will be worth more? ive barely used the keyboard at all so far either.

Doubtful. Only very rarely do keyboards increase in value.

Go in one of those mech keyboard classified subforums and solicit offers.

Are you me, user? I was just checking wasd keyboards last night!
I'm ready to switch my CM Storm QuickFire XT soon, but I still have too many doubts on my future keyboard.
For example: would mx green be good to me if I usually bottom out mx blues when I'm typing? Or should I consider linear switches?
Second question: should I get a keyboard having PBT keycaps instead of regular/standard keycaps? What's the difference between these two kinds of keycaps?

comfy af

>Model F AT shows up on Aussie eBay
>Place bid at $30
>Two dickheads immediately get into a bidding war and jack the price up to $200

idk i'm new to mechanical keyboards, I bought one of those test benches and the mx clears were the type I liked the most

Clears resist harder after the tactile event than greens, as some say, “as if they're trying to actively stop you from bottoming out”. The jump in that regard from browns to clears is more pronounced than from blues to greens. Honestly, you should try being mindful about your typing force and see if you can't manage a more relaxed style, and/or explore [not cherry].

lmao i thought that spacebar was covered in shit

can someone redpill me on the 30% meme?

Attached: wbi4of0igrmy.jpg (2592x1936, 333K)

It's just retarded.

how many fucking modifier keys and "layers" does one need to make a meme% board useful?

Attached: meme keyboard.jpg (5072x3036, 1.25M)

ceiling(110/nkeys)

imagine spending $340 and ending up with this piece of shit

Is this the one? Haha, get wrecked.

Attached: 2018-10-22-152420_768x576_scrot.png (768x576, 80K)

you know there's absolutely nothing stopping you from creating a throwaway ebay acct and bidding 9999999 to derail any auction

i fixed my keyboard today, i'm happy.

Attached: $RA0VZHQ.gif (400x291, 1.73M)

>test benches
Can I ask where you got it from? There aren't physical shops in my area, but I know that Cooler Master sells those benches online

>clear resist harder
Oh, I thought that greens were the most resistant ones!

>more relaxed style
Do you have any tips on how to be more relaxed? I tend to bottom out very often, especially when I'm typing fast.
As for keycaps, what's the difference in feel between PBT and ABS? Are ABS keycaps the standard ones? I don't know what keycaps are mounted on my CM Storm, so I can't compare.

Hello guys, my first post here, so let's hope this goes well. The Logitech K120 is the best keyboard I have ever tried. It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today. It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products. The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design. It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2018, people. I could be here all day, but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering. I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

Attached: 67CA34C4-F372-4D27-BC6E-C878BC7A7919.png (800x687, 331K)

what a friendly post

Look up the force curves; the difference is pretty significant.
As far as typing style goes, autism mode engage:
Honestly, it depends on your switch, if there's a tactile event, you're naturally going to accelerate straight to the bottom, but remember: the whole thing about partial actuation (the point of a “mechanical”, although that term is ill-defined) isn't necessarily avoiding bottoming out, it's knowing you don't *have* to. This is especially true for Alps-pattern switches, as well as, I hear, Topre. What I mean is, on a bog-standard rubber dome, you need to be absolutely sure you mash into the membrane at the bottom. On mechs, this means even if you find yourself bottoming out sometimes, you can bottom out much more gently, knowing that it's not necessary for actuation.
Really though, get a feel for just how lightly you can type and still reliably actuate every switch, and then consciously practice typing fast like that. Your practice will pay off in comfort down the line. If you really find that you're just naturally heavier-handed, look into making “ghetto greens”.

I can't comment on the difference in keyfeel *per se* from ABS to PBT because all the boards I own with ABS have one sort of switch on them, and all the boards with PBT caps have a different set of switches. ABS is softer and will eventually lose its texture and shine up, though. PBT holds on to its texture better, and the texture does seem more pronounced, but, like I said, I don't really have a control group where I can test *just* material differences. In terms of overall feeling of quality though, thickness of the plastic matters a lot more than the material, as well as the effect on sound. By the way, I nearly guarantee any stock caps on a modern gaming keyboard or whatever are ABS, because it's cheap and everyone except the chinks selling cheap shit for cheap are just pulling a Razer. That goes for Corsair, Cooler Master, or really anybody who qualifies as “big brand on Newegg”.

Nothing wrong with some good domes. More power to you, big guy.

Does anybody have that large flowchart guide for choosing a switch. I had it at one point but i can't seem to find it

pretty much a meme. if you can handle all the tap keys and losing a row, it's incredibly cheap and portable. I know I can't

base layer, raise, lower. more if you care/want

This? :^)

Attached: 1522864776480.jpg (2499x2609, 891K)

I want this as the next OP image. No discussion, just make it happen.

i actually just tried the kalih box black switches on my own, i think they are pretty good.

>clears “exceptionally tactile”
>buckling springs overrated
This is a pretty funny image.

Attached: image.jpg (1657x2048, 885K)

>bidding on Ebay
That's not how Ebay works. You snipe, and snipe only.

Needs to have autism tier: x slider in y housing

>Kailh Box
>Memes

Everything else in on spot, but I'm happy with the royals and to a less extent the navies tbqh

The rebbit hybrid switches meme is just tiresome to be honest. The fuck is the point in putting a halo slider in a cherry MX housing for example? Why not just keep it in the stock housing? Other than "muh sound" which is probably too autistic even for this board.

pckeyboard.com/page/product/SK720C
just choose this. they are cheap as fuck and are also pretty decent keyboards. they even have metal plates in them

BASED

snipeposter

Attached: $RF1R8K1.jpg (900x602, 187K)

Is the spacebar on my Leopold FC750R PD secretly made out of ABS?

Have you had it for more than a month or two? Is it noticeably shining up in one spot? Unless the answer is yes to both then it's PBT.

>Made a massdrop acount to see what the fuss is all about
>Only one keycap set literally like OP, a kitsch tai hao and like 4 in-house keyboards

Am I missing something? I thought MD was like THE hub for mechanical keyboard shit. I'm not even memeing, I just don't get the point right now.

Attached: 1494176251836.jpg (960x955, 177K)

>I thought MD was like THE hub for mechanical keyboard shit.
it was for like a year, but that was like three years ago

There are occasionally good keycap sets (like the MT3 caps), switches, or boards on assdrop. There's a lot of meme shit like cables or artisans though.

No wonder it died down, with this abysmal selection and ridiculous shipping dates I'd rather just order from AliExpress. Where do the cool kids hang out now? Anywhere in particular?

Thx, yeah I'll just wait and see if it gets shiny. Tbh if they can do doubleshot pbt keycaps on this keyboard, then making a straight spacebar out of pbt shouldn't be that hard for whoever made these keys.

can i have a 12-key board with a single base modifier key that unlocks a modifier layer with 11 (eleven) different modifier keys to access the 10 remaining keys for up to 11 base keys + 11*10 layered keys total
like a layer within a layer

Mass drop literally sells kbdfans shit as it's own brand, and buys keycaps from them, or taobao, etc chink reselling.

Those Dell membrane keyboards are better, they're built like tanks, have a USB hub and volume wheel. Got mine for £5.

Attached: Dell SK-8135 .jpg (1600x737, 300K)

hello friends lubed yellows feel great

that added part on the bottom row looks absolutely justed

Thank you very much for your accurate reply.

>thickness of the plastic matters a lot more than the material
I know that Leopold keyboards use Double Shot PBT: does it mean that they're thicker?

Thickness is a meme double shot mean that it is two plastics, so you keycap will die before font dies.

Thinking of getting Topre. Do I go for fc660c, Realforce 105U 45g or Realforce 87UW 55g?
Also where to get it in Europe? Keyboardco?
Been using corsair k70 with mx reds want to upgrade.

ebay is retarted

More than a new one actually, assuming you bought it from mk.com. go to ebay and enable sold items as well as searching r/mechmarket to get an idea.
No idea why you would sell it though. 980pd+ box blacks is a high tier board.

>No idea why you would sell it though.
well im not using it. ive actually barely used it at all. right now im just using a cheap rubber dome keyboard but its alot better than the average one for this price.

basically the keyboard that i was using previously broke so i just decided to desoulder all the kalih box black switches that i put in it and then put them in the leopold one. though i dont want to destroy another >100$ keyboard so im just using something cheap right now.

Excuse me, best budget mech coming through

Attached: ahhla8wivsd11.jpg (4096x3072, 588K)

Contact leaf is different

The MantisTek GK2 is a cheap RGB mechanical keyboard from China that costs half as much (or less) as the mechanical keyboards from better known companies. Multiple gadgets that come from China seem to have either poor security or privacy issues caused by collecting user data without consumers' explicit permission. The MantisTek GK2 seems to be one of those products.

The main issue seems to be caused by the keyboard’s “Cloud Driver,” which sends information to IP addresses tied to Alibaba servers. Alibaba sells cloud services, so the data isn’t necessarily being sent to Alibaba, the company, but to someone else using an Alibaba server.

Attached: OyV9NVV_YMw.jpg (1035x1380, 157K)

god damn lol the future truly has been amazing

my chinese made keyboard is stealing my keystrokes and identifying information for international espionage was not a thought i had entertained would be real 10 years ago

you mean this?

Attached: flow chart.png (1560x963, 220K)

But user thats an Anne Pro

Ah, came up as that other board on an image search, still waiting for an Anne pro ISO after they said soon tm years ago.
interesting keycaps.

>ISO

Attached: dsag.png (457x380, 262K)

Yes, the much superior layout.

>originally the ANSI enter
>scientifically proven to be the worst enter key
>subsequently ditched by ANSI
>superior layout
I've always had my suspicions that ISO users were cucks, but now I have my conformation.

Is this a good or bad keyboard? $42 with nice knock off switches, no need for bundled software for lights. My only concern is that it plugs in through a usb-c cable. Is there anything in that cable that could collect my keystroke data?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-22-09-01-47.png (1080x1920, 690K)

Return key on ISO is a beauty of a size.
Have fun with your slightly larger shift key and extra big forward slash key? LMAO what the fuck.

It is possible, but who cares. It's not like the chinese will use it to blackmail you once you become successful since it will never happen.

What car is it?

Attached: 7C7UOXCsqog.jpg (1251x1920, 457K)

You're a cuck so your opinion is literally worthless. I stand by the scientific data that ISO is worse then ANSI.

That is the Mobile Data International MDT developed in 1979 and was the very first MDT. In 1988 they were purchased by Motorola for $105 million.

Attached: MDI_MDT.jpg (648x480, 45K)

>Americans and their bringing up cuck fantasies
Forward slash needs a big key instead of return, yeah alright kidda. LMAO

>40% keyboard
Sorry, no can do bud

you thumbs would be floating outside of the keyboard making them useless being those fingerinos the responsible for the space bar will make it very wired for you

rate mine ty

Attached: IMG_20180828_001818.jpg (1184x583, 142K)

As the average 4chin poster, I come here to ask for a 66% kb after a brief search on the net.

Go to mk.com and get a Leopold 660m PD with blacks, clears, silent reds, or blues. Nothing else even comes remotely close, its a $100 board that comes with $135 keycaps. If you can't get one any of the varmilo 66% will work.

What about tada68? Or is it a memeboard?

>scientifically proven to be the worst enter key
its not really scientific at all, its basically just a survey some people did on some people who type alot.

Cat/10

Wrong

Is it Reddit keycap day?

I'm using a dz60 with gmk laser caps and a cool ass red laser themed braided cable. It's a 60% board and I don't know if I can train myself to like it. I'm honestly thinking about just getting a k95.

I'm sure ill be laughed out of the thread but this is my first /mk/ and I dunno its a good starter model lads

Attached: P8100407b.jpg (1360x760, 242K)

If you buy the kit so you can lube your switches and use good stabs then no 100% nota meme. If you buy it prebuilt over a similarly priced 660m PD its a meme because it'll have stock switches, worse keycaps, no sound dampening, and shit stabs.

Convince me that this is shit and that I should get a Leopold

Attached: IMG_20181022_1810389.jpg (4056x2704, 2.15M)

looks great, what model is that?

That list is going to be way too long bud.

I am just going to put in the ad for Leopold for now.

>Applied the highest grade PBT double shot key cap of 1.5mm thickness / DYE Sublimation Editon
>There are 4 DIP switches on the back of the keyboard. The user can set the desired environment through the DIP switch setting.
>Sound Absorbing Pad for silencing
>High-end FR-4 Dual Layer PCB
>Stepsculpture 2 / USB & PS2 Support

What keycaps are those?

So any way to sniff out chink trackers? Or will they always be there, reading on my fetishes and secrets.

I can't understand what the last 4 points do

Honest question: what would you do in 2018

1. Get a spare IBM Model M keyboard (working, many keys missing, no cable) for 45€ shipped, use the working cable and all the caps you have from the other IBM M you murdered in a freak "one in a million" accident
2. Use the money to buy a dsa set like pic and replace the shitty gayman high caps that come with generic outemu blue shit?

Attached: HTB1gwVXeWLN8KJjSZFmq6AQ6XXaf.jpg (790x527, 65K)

Neither and use the money to get a model f xt

Model M's are just for retro nerds who like (pretend) mechanicals and electronics archeology. Any sane person would make they own keeb and then customise it with their own switches and caps to their liking.

kek
Not sure m8, I did an image search for the anons keyboard one of the first results was that one. I'd say any chink keyboard without software dependencies would be fine. I'd hardly worry about ones that needed software either.
Just keep an eye on new services and network activity maybe.

yours looks good
i got this one for 40 bucks, for some reason some of the keys feel dusty out of the box, the keyboard itself doesnt look used but its just the feel.
should i try warranty just in case?

Attached: 20150701153223_big.png (1000x1000, 147K)