Is it worth switching to an iPhone (from Android) to further escape the botnet?

Is it worth switching to an iPhone (from Android) to further escape the botnet?

No fanboy flamewars, just discussion on the best private option currently.

Attached: 1519160638188.jpg (1200x1600, 191K)

Apple is the only mainstream company that tries to care about user privacy. Outside of meme paranoia like secret NSA backdoor agreements with Apple, they do a fairly reasonable job as promoting themselves as a company that cares about user privacy.

No, you must not use a phone if you care about your privacy.

Also this. There is a reason the POTUS doesn't use mainstream phones.

Actually blackberry is used pretty often by the POTUS so maybe use that.

if you actually cared about your privacy, you wouldn't buy a smartphone

They give your icloud account to governments. What privacy.

>they comply with court orders
lol.

I'm not familiar with apple so forgive me if I'm wrong in assuming you were implying that they have no other option.
Ideally, a company won't be able to access your data stores on their servers. They really don't need to have it. It would be encrypted with a key that's derived from your password to their services, which they also shouldn't know since they only store its hash value.

Try living in a place with kangaroo courts. Apple are happy to give China their source code and data centres. Does that count in your privacy standards?

What about BlackBerry? They're a security company, and make it a thing for their devices — licensed to another manufacturer or their own, as was the case of the PRIV if I remember correctly — to be extremely secure. Despite never getting updated past Android Marshmallow, the PRIV has yet to be rooted. Its bootloader, unlocked. The chain of trust, bypassed.

>Apple are happy to give China their source code and data centres.
Says who?
Apart from you, of course.

A quick search isn't hard to do.
(Reuters) - When Apple Inc begins hosting Chinese users’ iCloud accounts in a new Chinese data center at the end of this month to comply with new laws there, Chinese authorities will have far easier access to text messages, email and other data stored in the cloud.

Attached: Screenshot_20181022-120248_Firefox Focus.jpg (1440x2876, 878K)

how moch monheey you gots, white boy

>iPhone
>escape the botnet
user...

>best private option
Librem 5 then.

>not using android without google.

Ignore my words, didn't saw you mean currently.

Is this Reddit?

>iOS is not a botnet
???

>Is it worth switching to an iPhone (from Android) to further escape the botnet?
Android is botnet. Apple is more bot-nettier.
Get yourself a disposable 10$ cellphone.

poordroids will never know the fullfillment of having Apple products

Attached: profile_picture_by_dabapple-dapsajo.png (300x219, 82K)