>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superceded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: intel bulldozer.jpg (700x767, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zWkAAOSwtgFbdjoB/s-l1600.jpg
reddit.com/r/intel/comments/9q6qs3/anandtech_finds_asrock_boards_overvolting_the/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT
>jayz2cents crying in the corner stroking his 7980XE
Seriously though, I feel sorry for anyone who actually spent their own money on an X299 system.

gay OP

>Which you should I grab then?
What are the prices from physical stores available to you? You'd need to put that in.

>Took the noctua since a colleague recommended them and I'm trying to make it somewhat future proof for when I upgrade
A ~$35 cooler like the Artic 33 is only 15% weaker cooling than a $65 Noctua cooler. It's perfectly fine for the 2700X. It's also extremely quiet.

I don't feel sorry for them. They made a poor purchase without doing research and deserve what they got.

Best mITX case?

Any ideas to improve the following setup? Already have monitor and peripherals. It's been a long long time since I built my own PC so could use some tips/guidance like things to swap for the same-ish price. Wanna play BF5/COD/League and work from home. Below setup comes to € 1448 in Dutch prices.

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
CPU - i5-8600K
Fan - Noctua NH-U12S
Mobo - MSI Z370-A PRO
RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB
SSD - Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2
Case - Fractal Design Define S
PSU - Seasonic M12II Evo 620W

Ik zou zeggen doe een 500gb SSD en 2/4tb harde schijf. Misschien voor de toekomst een 2600x of 2700x aangezien de i5 nu kanker duur is hier. Ook hoef je geen koeler te kopen en het moederbord met AM4 komt wat goedkoper uit.

Attached: Hamsterdam-nw-juist.jpg (958x540, 386K)

>have to replace motherboard to upgrade
>Don't wanna lose all my shit by reinstalling windows 10
Is there no other way besides shoving all of my shit onto a backup?

im not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what is the controller to get for pc gaming ? my xbox one controller just died and not sure what to get

I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, videocard and added an SSD and I didn't lose any files and could just start windows again from my old hdd to access my files again. But I'm not sure this was normal. Back your most important files up, you can't have that many anyway.

Opzich goed advies, maar ik heb een htpc met opslag, dus die 1TB is alleen voor spellen enzo en niet voor films/series/whatever. Ik ga eens kijken naar 2600x/2700x, thanks!

Anyone here who continuously monitors their M.2 temps?

>8600k
>NVMeme for gaming
>not actually listing what the RAM is
beyond help

Phanteks Evolv Shift is pretty nice.

Geen probleem. Ik heb zelf de 2600x genomen uit budget overwegingen en ben er erg tevreden mee moet ik zeggen. Niks over te klagen eerlijk gezegd. En dat verschil van 1fps in je games ga je totaal niet merken en je hebt wel voor de toekomst hyperthreading als optie. Zorg er alleen wel voor dat je ram koopt met minimaal 2933/3000mhz, daar profiteert de Ryzen het meeste van

Attached: msi_x470_gaming_plus_motherboard_1402554.jpg (750x750, 99K)

You're right, I left out the MHz but it was going to be the highest pick the motherboard and CPU supported. Didn't look it up yet. What's that about "NVMeme for gaming"?

Je hebt geen nvme ssd nodig voor betere prestaties, elke SSD zal voldoen aan je eisen eerlijk gezegd en het pakt een stuk goedkoper uit, heb zelf een 860 evo van Samsung en merk het verschil niet tussen m'n vd met een 970 evo en de mijne.

Mijn reden voor die ssd was meer dat het twee kabels minder zou betekenen dus wat schoner in de case. Scheelt ook niet zo heel veel in prijs desu?

Ok, so I've not built a PC since 2002, so I've been out the game a while.

I'm looking at the 8700K, want the possibility to overclock, and want the system to be decently quiet. Am I looking at liquid cooling?

What's a sensible recommendation? (No gaudy LCDs, etc.)

>I left out the MHz but it was going to be the highest pick the motherboard and CPU supported
Please don't be one of those retards who chooses the JEDEC supported speed.

gonna need this i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zWkAAOSwtgFbdjoB/s-l1600.jpg

Noted, what's the best way to figure out how to pick the max? I found some datasheets are kind of vague in their terminology, e.g. unspecified "(OC)"

NVMeme does NOT affect boot times. There is NO point to buy it for gaming. For that amount of money you could get a 256-1024Gb fast SSD plus a 2TB slow SSD like the Micron 1100.
Check the OP. This is already gone over.

Sure. You'd have to look into which pumps are the quietest. Expect cost to be around $4000+ for a good custom loop and 2080Ti.
Don't forget the delid as well. Siliconlottery sells chips already delided.
You might want to look into an external AC so the noise is outside your house and pipe the loop in through the wall. 8700k are hot chips. If you want to OC AND keep it quiet, then even hotter.

B-but I didn't say anything about boot times or being better for gaming? I just like it not having a set of data/power cables... I understand M.2 is a form factor not a performance standard.

A vice? Is this implying that the 8700K is difficult to overclock?

> $4000
Dude, I just want a quiet and powerful system. For under $2000.

Why is intel so shit at everything?

Attached: 1539713816329.png (2560x5040, 2.53M)

the 8400 is also 50% more expensive

Don't listen to the faggot above and get a decent air cooler. If you do get a 8700k it will need to be delidded because Intel got cheap and started shipping CPUs without soldered heat spreaders.

PS. pcpartpicker recommends an 8700K system with this installed:

Fractal Design Celsius S24 Water Cooling

Will this work decently?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-22 at 09.49.16.png (998x414, 156K)

NVMe is, in general, better, but for gaming the gain isn't significant. If you'll regret getting it, it will be because the gain won't have justified the price, not because of supposed disadvantages as opposed to SATA (maybe except temps, but that's nothing that can't be fixed with $5 heatsink).

That doesn't explain why you paying more money for NVMeme instead of just getting a fast SATA SSD m.2 drive
Literally the same performance in real world usage, outside of spending all day transferring files to another NVMe, for more money. You're paying more money for no again at all. You'd have to be retarded and fueled by cope to not regret it.

>quiet and powerful system for under $2000
Get Ryzen.

For a 240mm AIO, it's better than most. But a good 280mm would be better.

Is buying a GPU that was used for mining a good idea

SO whats the actual safe voltage for DDR4, I See people going as low as 1.35V to some claiming 1.5 is fiiiine
Which is it?

My i5-8400 is a fucking BEAST

I am not sure what changed, or when it changed, but somehow i'm getting serious lag and choppiness in my games. PC is custom built, gtx 970, i5, 16gb ram, these games are all fairly old and were running fine on all ultra settings before. (main culprits are Fallout 4 and MGSV)

In FO4 its completely unplayable, and the lag is so bad that its difficult to even exit the game. This does not change no matter what graphical settings its on, ive tried them all.

MGSV is a little more subtle, its mostly the audio cutting out, serious frame drops and hangups, etc. hardly playable though.

i havent tried a lot of other games, but csgo is similarly slightly choppy, and im assuming that will be the case with the rest of them. I have games across 2 different drives, so i dont think it's related to a bad drive.

The only changes ive made to my PC since this has started happening are moving it a few hours when i moved cities but i kept it very safe wrapped up in my car, and recently i installed a new 2TB HDD and an SSD but the problems were already there before i installed them. do you guys know where i should start looking at? GPU drivers are fine and my system is a few years old without having this issue before so i assume it must be some kind of hardware issue.

If you can verify it works perfectly fine, it's no worse than buying any other used GPU.

>i5
>choppy
That's just what happens as you have more programs running in the background and/or play more demanding games. It's not called stutterlake for no reason.
Overclocking RAM would probably help, but it wouldn't hurt to just upgrade if you can afford to.

1.45v is perfectly safe unless your case is a 80C ambient hotbox. Some people go as high as 1.5-1.55v

>1.45v is perfectly safe unless your case is a 80C ambient hotbox. Some people go as high as 1.5-1.55v
Doesn't that shit lower your ram life expectancy? Electron migration isn't just temperature dependant.
It's possible to have a CPU at 1.9V and stock clock at 60~C and brick it, because it's voltage that kills components on a fundamental level.

Installing large games/stuff, using bunch of other programs at the same time and maybe also copying to/from other drives is a real world usage, where non-nvme will limit you more.

But i'm not playing more demanding games, nor do i have any more demanding things running in the background

Even if i did, i'd understand the lag with MGS, but FO4 i get literally 2 fps.

I'd upgrade if i felt i needed to but i just want to play the games i have and my system can definitely handle them.

DDR3 used to be 1.6V normally. 1.45v is nothing for DDR4. But for 1.5-1.55, I would take some precautions.
DDR4 is so low voltage mainly for efficiency's sake in smart phones and servers.
If you want DDR3-esque true latency, you give it DDR3-esque voltage.

>IF YOU'RE LIKE ME AND SPEND 5 HOURS A DAY INSTALLING PROGRAMS EVERY DAY ALL WEEK ALL MONTH THEN THAT EXTRA $140 IS WORTH IT
Sounds like buyers remorse cope to me.

You'd be surprised.
Benchmarks run games in an unrealistic scenario that doesn't represent real world PC usage.
See picture related, where even a 3770 couldn't game at over 30fps steady minimums with an average number of programs running in the background. And on some more demanding games.
With an i5 you're in an even shittier situation where I'm not surprised that FO4 and MGS are a stutterfest.

Next time don't listen to the "no games use over 2 cores" shills who say recording frame graphs and 0.1% minimums is antisemitic.
Picture related is a more realistic test.

Also those games are more demanding than you seem to realize. CSGO, Heroes of the Storm, Dota2, and so on are CPU light games. Not FO4.

Attached: 3770 vs 2600x real world.png (1024x1200, 163K)

Check bios if the ssd/hdd has switched to IDE mode and overall if bios has reset. Win10 repair and/or running display driver uninstaller (the program) and installing gpu drivers again. Practically all i5's are still decent (starting from i5-2400) for gaming even though I don't know if the halfassed spectre patches fuck shit up.

Are you getting 2fps steady, or dips to 2fps?
Also keep in mind that Microsoft pushed a microcode update for your CPU that made it perform worse so you're less likely to become a botnet.

Rollback Nvidia drivers to 39# not 41#

>DDR3 used to be 1.6V normally. 1.45v is nothing for DDR4.
I admit I don't know how much the DDR3 and 4 are different but isn't it silly to use one piece of hardware to define voltage limits for the other?
For example you can't use zen to define the voltage limits of zen+ since based on the reduced size and different manufacturing zen+ can handle less voltage than zen.

>But for 1.5-1.55, I would take some precautions.
Such as?

planning to get b450 tomahawk, 2700x and some gpu. Was aiming for 1080, but they are nowhere to be found in my countrty. How much will I be losing if I decide to go with msi 1070 ti ?

Based OP

Attached: 1539796017419.png (691x750, 33K)

Will receive my parts soon, only thing I'm kinda apprehensive about is the BIOS setup.
Does anyone has a good guide to share?

>Such as?
I already said it.
Make sure your case has good airflow, and low ambient temps. Not a hot box. You'd want some air flowing over your RAM, such as with a down blower, or to liquid cool it.
I think some actually run as high as 1.65v with liquid cooling, though they might not care about it degrading as they can afford to buy a new kit.

Get Vega56 if it's same price as 1070Ti. Vega matches the 1080 with an undervolt and overclock, plus with the benefit of Freesync.
But if 1070Ti is cheaper, MSI models like the Gaming and Titanium are great.

>You'd want some air flowing over your RAM, such as with a down blower,
Planned to have a fan blowing over it. How do I know if it's sufficiently cooled though?

what about 2070? they are the same price $40 more than 1070 ti, and 40$ less than unavailable 1080

ITT

Attached: 1519378191135.png (563x303, 12K)

Is there somewhere that aggregates motherboards into an easily query able and configurable list? I'm looking for a motherboard with some specifics such as:
USB 3.1 Gen 2, preferably type A (teal connectors)
2 display outports, preferably DVI & VGA
Mini or micro ATX
Ethernet
Preferably Intel
Preferably ASUS
MUST be still being manufactured and will continue to be manufactured for some time (so relatively new)

Everything else is pretty much irrelevant, preferably is important but not necessary. Anybody have suggestions?

The Asus B360M was perfect but it's not being manufactured anymore.

How do I go back to pcpartpicker view? This new one fucking sucks

Attached: 1514606978690.png (1014x534, 32K)

Curious: given these two (same-price) setups, which would have your favor and why? The second is the same as I posted earlier in this thread but S-ATA instead of NVM(eme) and chosen the 3200MHz variant for memory.

>Asus ROG Strix RX VEGA56 OC edition 8GB
>AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Wraith Boxed
>MSI X470 Gaming Plus
>Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
>Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 S-ATA
>Fractal Design Define S
>Seasonic M12II Evo 620W

>MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
>i5-8600K
>Noctua NH-U12S
>MSI Z370-A PRO
>Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
>Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 S-ATA
>Fractal Design Define S
>Seasonic M12II Evo 620W

>intel in OP

Attached: inteli9hardboiledeggmaker.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

AMD fanatics really are a zealous bunch eh. Keep supporting the underdog, maybe someday...

Swap the 1070 ti into the ryzen build and you'll have a solid PC. Avoid vega it's terrible.

What's a decent board to overclock a 2600 on? Im looking to get it to around 3.9-4ghz, with 3200MHz memory. Don't care about whether it does or doesn't have RGB, just want a decent board that could handle that

maybe someday intel will make a cpu that doesn't crash from a 100 mhz overclock again

Attached: 9900k has worse overclocking than ryzen.png (1327x1222, 69K)

B-but
> muh undervolt
> muh overclock
> muh flashbios

Sell me on 2700X

>How do I know if it's sufficiently cooled though?
measure the temp.
Why not just do 1.45v and see if you're satisfied with the results before figuring out how to push it higher?

2070 is about 5-10% above Vega56 OC.
If that plus the hundreds of dollars extra cost of Gsync is worth the additional money for you, then sure.

The first but with an MX500 or 860 Evo/pro instead of the NVMeme

You don't even need to flash BIOS for the AIB 56 models, generally.
Flashing BIOS was more a thing for the reference blower cards.

>Why not just do 1.45v and see if you're satisfied with the results before figuring out how to push it higher?
Cause I will probably be satisfied with just XMP 3200 CL14.
How ever I have a huge urge to optimize things, thus finding that perfect balance of using up potential but not sacrificing component life span is a big thing for me.

Anandtech redid their test of the 9900K and the high temperatures were caused by motherboards BIOS and Windows 10. Guess we have to wait two weeks for real results, the absolute state.

Attached: untitled-28.png (711x668, 25K)

>The first but with an MX500 or 860 Evo/pro instead of the NVMeme
Oops, that's what I meant to do, but mispasted the product apparently. It's the 860 EVO M.2 S-ATA one I meant.

I paid 215 dollars for a gtx 1070 used, was this a good deal?

Fuck off shill. No one buys Novideo, literally anyone is buying Vega because it's cheaper and better

What should I do bros? Should I just end it? Tell me what to replace first. Anything from the previous generation preferably. I don't want to pay a premium for a marginal performance difference.

Attached: Specs.png (454x282, 16K)

Buy a 2700X and Vega 56 if you aren't a shill

>i-its not a h-housefire
>t-t-the bios
>e-everyone is wrong

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

The fuck do you mean, "If I'm not a shill". What the fuck would I be shilling?

Everyone here who says "yeah I'm totally not a shill and buy Intel and Nvidia" is a fucking poo shill. Nobody buys Nvidia or Intel, everyone buys AMD.

I've had compatibility issues with AMD running certain games like a turd. Obviously it's because Intel paid the developers to only consider their shit but it's still a pain in the ass getting crashes and shit on certain games.

>ayyymd

When do people think we'll see AMD's new GPU lineup? I don't plan on getting a new GPU for a year or two but it would be cool if that lined up with a good guess on the release date of aftermarket versions of AMDs new cards.

reddit.com/r/intel/comments/9q6qs3/anandtech_finds_asrock_boards_overvolting_the/
Just read it
>Inb4 reddit
All of you are browsing r/amd and r/ayymd so stop larping, same for "muh gaymen" when you hang all day on either Jow Forums or /v/.

I am playing vidya quite competitively and I'd like to upgrade my monitor. I am between Dell Alienware AW2518HF and Samsung C24FG73. I was going for Viewsonic XG2402 but it's out of stock everywhere. My budget is around 300€. What would you suggest Jow Forums?

Sure thing Pajeet. There aren't any problems with AMD but that's true, Niggervidia and Incel pay everyone in the industry so they run better when in reality AMD would beat both of them with Ryzen and Vega.
t. Rasheed Goldstein

>reddit
maybe you should go back there

Hardware unboxed used a MSI board and got shit temps and crashing still, stop lying

> we
> reddit
You're doing it all wrong.

>r/intel
>30.000
>r/amd
>150.000
You should or just read the article

Attached: 1536525938504.png (500x654, 64K)

Yes read further. It also says that Windows 10 fucks up the MT. The only way to know if the 9900K is as shit as it is now is to wait 2 weeks until they update Windows and all BIOS. The Godlike also has 18 VRM phases but I don't think it will be able to run with air cooling even after the updates, at least not past 5 Ghz

>he goes to reddit and is german
I have no idea how big subreddits are because im not a crossposting faggot like you

>ITS NOT INTELS FAULT ITS X'S FAULT

>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
The fuck? 200GE + RX 570 4GB FTW
Check the fucking tests, m8

Pls reply

>I-I'm not using reddit I swear and I can't just look at the numbers on top!111
So not only lying but also low IQ, sad.
Yeah whatever, we will see how the 9900K fares in two weeks after not being pumped with 1.5 volts

Attached: untitled-22.png (711x668, 25K)

>Redditor calling someone a mental midget
fucking pottery

Attached: 1513384344432.jpg (476x476, 21K)

>you have low IQ, you just cant understand how intel is better, mental pygmy

Attached: 5eb.jpg (600x750, 26K)

>>>/reddit/

>review clearly says MSI mobo and 1.35 volts
Stop lying on the internet you asperg shill

Attached: jewcuck.jpg (679x758, 55K)

2070 is the same price as Vega56 in here

Looking for a good atx budget case
Any suggs? :DDDD

Probably.

>This post is extremely low quality

Why aren't these issues more wide spread?
Literally millions of people have Ryzen and aren't experiencing your issue.
It's just x86-64. Outside of microcode issues, one x86-64 CPU over another shouldn't cause crashes.

What is the newest am4 chip

All this post tells me is that Intel rushed out the launch before their board partners were ready because they're desperately trying to get the last sales they can before Zen2 shoves their shit in.

There aren't many good ATX cases which are cheap. Better to look at mATX for that.
Thermaltake G3 isn't that cheap but isn't that expensive. idk.

2000 series.

thoughts on aerocool cyclone?

Is a 650w power supply too small for high end AMD cards?

What's your budget?