Intel 10nm is kill

semiaccurate.com/2018/10/22/intel-kills-off-the-10nm-process/

What now, bros? 14nm+++++++++++++++++ will destroy Zen 2, r-right?

Attached: 6.png (552x661, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM
youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they're buying global foundries out.

Intel's 10nm is as fast as everyone else's 3nm.

/v/eddit get out

PFOAHAHAHAHAHH what the fuck is intel even doing

Attached: 1539079592707.jpg (1035x1000, 189K)

Intel probably sell their fab, just like past AMD.

“The 10nm Cannon Lake parts aren’t real and never will be viable, financially or technically speaking.” -SemiAccurate May 29, 2018

“Told ya” – Authors Note, Today

OH NO NONONONONONONONO

youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM

Attached: 1536694146733.png (1200x800, 164K)

Remember how intlel shills were in denial? The fabs days are numbered.

>tags
>no we are not kidding
cheeky cunts

Attached: 1470218354412.jpg (413x395, 23K)

INTEL 10NM NEVER EVER

Attached: 1502931831901.png (952x644, 371K)

Is this a full article..?

>Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Is there more? Can anyone screendump it or repost it at pastebin et al.?

I suspect their not-entirely-technical upper management has fired everyone senior in process for failing too many times now and the remaining global talent/recruitment pool of such people is thin to non-existent. People are important.

>**NEW** Bankruptcy doesn't matter!!!!

Attached: 1539084715869.jpg (748x900, 138K)

That subscription costs quite a bit of money, user, and is mostly aimed at people with large financial investments in the industry.

>Intel buy some 7nm wafer node from TSMC instead
>release 7nm 5GHz processors a couple of weeks after AMD

AMDiscount drones BTFO

>one thousand dollars a year
Jesus Christ, you weren't kidding.

this shit isn´t magic, you dumb nigger
not all processes are equal and elements of the chip´s design needs to take the specific process into account

That would mean they go to 7nm

KEK

give me a quick rundown on the engineering side of a processor archtitecture and why you apparently can't effortleslly port it to another node (10nm to 7nm)

Wouldn't 7nm allow higher clocks, especially for Intel?

I really would love to read the paywalled article

I can´t give you that rundown, so obviously it can be done effortlessly

They actually have to port processors to TSMC's 7nm in the first place to be able to do that, and if Intel can get 5GHz on that 7nm process then AMD can too.

Intel's ability to reach 5GHz has little to do with the architecture itself, and everything to do with their 14nm++ process being pretty good. Ryzen is process limited, not architecture limited.

So you tards will be happy if intel is gone?

>hurr durr just copy paste the entire architecture
>hurr durr intel is superior everywhere

Inlels are this stupid.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hinako Note - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_02.23_[2017.06.17_16.23.21]_cr.jpg (569x720, 90K)

sure

watch this and try to defend intel. they can't bribe their way out of this one kek

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

Yes, but when you're investing millions of dollars, the knowledge becomes kind of worth the purchase.

they won't be gone, but they'll have to quickly re-focus on their core business and drop the dumb shit they've been fucking with for years
all things considered, it's a win for everyone involved

Die Intel Die!

Sperm Solder is perfectly acceptable goyim, just don't OC.

14nm++++ forever.

Attached: shintel10nm.webm (1920x1080, 2.53M)

Intel going fabless would be good for them though. Their failing fabs have been a millstone around their neck for years.

Use your welfare for something good you subhuman sc*t and stop ruin Sweden

Uff you spastic
Yes i am subscribed to adoredtv and propbly watch his videos than you do and yes intel is a piece of shit that should pay for what they have done and i waited for that moment since athlon however i don't want them to be gone nor them giving up their fabs and ip to some retarded chinks or whatever who can't do with it

>give me a quick rundown on the engineering side of a processor archtitecture and why you apparently can't effortleslly port it to another node (10nm to 7nm)
You're asking people without the technical expertise to explain exactly why. It is possible to know it's NOT possible based on what people with that expertise are saying, without knowing the exact reasons for it. You can't just copy-paste onto a new process.

I also do not have the technical expertise, but a cursory idea of it is that different processes have different transistor sizes and densities, have different problems with their lithography and often uses different materials (e.g. cobalt on interconnects). This requires significant design overhauls to work around issues with a given process, the process' power delivery, the impedance on contacts and various metal layers etc.

This requires at least a year of tape-outs, validation and testing, design fixes etc. before you have a final product. Experience on a process goes a long way to creating better processors and improving the process, which is why Intel's current 14nm++ is so good. If they suddenly jumped ship to TSMC's 7nm then they'll have to go through this entire porting process and they probably wouldn't be able to match the current frequencies they can hit (5.3GHz on decent cooling) until several iterations of the 7nm process.

AMD already did this for Zen 2. In fact, they did it twice, simultaneously porting to TSMC's and GloFo's competing 7nm processes. We all know now that GloFo dropped out of the race, but AMD has a TSMC 7nm design and several engineering samples of it.

I really hope so i want them to pay for everything they have done but i don't want a throwback of technology because intel still pushes it technology quiet a bit

What's with the walfare meme you mongos push ?

Who cares, where the fuck is zen2?

>**NEW** 10nm doesn't matter!

Nah, 14nm is still going to make them a bank with different shit they are producing. Modems, networking, chipsets and so on.

>Remember, STIM kills!
>It's what turned Superintendent Chalmers into a vegetable.

This kills the Intel monopoly.

Attached: 1514868563365.png (1900x1200, 12K)

>and that's a good thing

Attached: 6541684984949948.png (672x794, 350K)

9th gen are already out of stock everywhere in scandinavia because each retailer only received 18 units and the 9700K was just a paper launch so no one has received it

top kek

To be honest, it makes sense to kill off 10nm. Intel wasn't going to be able to meet the schedule of their roadmap (again), and 10nm wouldn't be as powerful as 14nm++++ at the rate they were gimping the new process to improve yields. It's gonna be great watching AMD fuck them for the next 4-6 years at least.

>10nm dead
>Optane sold off
>14nm supply issues
>Pajeet CEO
>firing 30% of the company
Is this actually how intel goes bankrupt?

It's certainly looking that way.

INTLEL'S ABORTED 10NM IS BETTER THAN TSMC 7NM LOLOL

WHAT THE FUCK BROS IVE BEEN WAITING FOR 10NM SINCE 2015 IVE BURNT OUT THREE AQUARIUM CHILLERS SINCE HOW COULD INTEL LIE TO US LIKE THIS??????

Attached: 1532648469446.jpg (831x1200, 66K)

YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED

Attached: 1532756867725.jpg (988x854, 168K)

That's a big die.

>>firing 30% of the company

[Citation needed]

They can ride this out on their way to a new process node (assuming they don't fuck that one up too). Intel has a lot of contracts and profitable enterprise customers which aren't disappearing over night. Their gross margins will probably take huge hits to even stay in the conversation with AMD 7nm, though. It's less about bankruptcy at this point and more about just how hard AMD will be kneecapping them to take marketshare and eat profits.

>6 hour days and free soda.

Intel sounds pretty comfy desu.

fucking this fake news AMDogshitters

Attached: 1539800994662.gif (600x600, 127K)

B
E
E

T
E
E

E
F
F

O
H
H

is this fake or not article looks dodgy as fuck with all the desclamers and not being able to update it because some random chink is on holiday and needing a subscription.

SemiAccurate is probably the most trustworthy insider scoop website out there. They have been world first on many many things

>doesn't know SA
Spot the /v/tard.

>mfw AdoredTV's 47 minute video about this in 2 days

Gonna buy some Ferrero Rocher luxury chocolate for that video desu

>this much damage control

Attached: 1492781790889.png (480x480, 25K)

AMD will take the high quality CPU spot

VIA and CISC ISA manufacturers will take amds old spot

Incel is done for

kek

>no no it's not true bros!!!1

INTLEL GPOO SUPERPOWER BY 2020

JUST
WAIT

What if Apple buys Intel IMAGINE THE ANAL DEVASTATION

why are you niggers so fucking dumb?

Why are you so mad

?

because dumbfaggotry and niggers are two of my least favorite things, brainiac

Considering they have more money in cash stashes outseas than intel's market cap, it's quite possible. But why the fuck they would do that if they're getting away from intel?

It's less than the cost of a high end processor that you upgrade every year. It's the enthusiast tax.

>>Optane sold off
I do wonder if this was done to get a direct cash flow to work on the next node since 10nm was such a insane money sink.

>he still cares about CPUs

Attached: OP.png (655x480, 579K)

>Optane sold off
Link?

***NEW*** CPUs don't matter!

Holy fucking kek they actually scraped it the absolute madmen. What the fuck are they going to do when Zen2 rapes them next year? EPYC is going to murder them.

>Intel's new i7s will be on TSMC
Kek AMD BTFO

No more node advantage and if Intel could minmax the shit out of 14nm+++++++++++++ imagine what they can do with a 7nm/7nm+ wafer

kek
I love that guy, just about the tech channel I can stomach.

>Wouldn't 7nm allow higher clocks, especially for Intel?
Intel's process is already optimized for high clocks(compared to AMD using process nodes mostly made for mobile, low-power chips), so I doubt TSMC's 7nm is all that much better in that regard.

You're the nth Incel retard to loudly proclaim Intel can just toss their arch on a completely different process node and hit the same or higher clock speeds instantly.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Yuru Camp - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.41_[2018.01.19_09.32.12].png (1280x720, 505K)

>I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'll post it anyway

Please intel bros tell me there is hope

Attached: 1525346498302.jpg (638x599, 123K)

Who the fuck cares? Both G4600 and 200GE are 14nm or something, and they're fucking BEASTS. They just have NO competitors.

14 nm = 7 nm x 2
What this means is Intel's 14 nm cpus actually have 4 times as many transistors as 7 nm chips. This is a clear disruptive advantage.

All you had to do was to believe in her

Attached: 1539391622864.jpg (757x627, 87K)

Attached: su.png (1400x1000, 986K)

>PLS TSMC DON'T SELL YOUR STUFF TO INTEL
>PLS NO

>AMDored TV talking shit about Intel

She SEX

Seething intelpooftas

it will take a year or two for intel to adopt their designs on another node

they'll have nothing to release when ryzen 3 shows up next year but if they went tsmc for 7nm+ or 5nm we should hear about it already

Attached: file.png (1384x725, 138K)

young Su wasn't as THICC as current one

Attached: suh.jpg (580x590, 117K)

They probably would get EUV like the rest and do competitive chips while it's still possible.

for you

Attached: Tom-Hardy-Bane.jpg (1810x1749, 336K)

NOOO DELID DIS NOW STUPID GOY

Attached: 76d.jpg (1196x676, 673K)

>packaging engineer

ITS OVER INTEL IS FINISHED

But glofo also cancelled their new node