Vertical Mice

Are vertical mice a meme?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 8.22.23 AM.png (1298x1286, 923K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just look at the picture. The model is obviously straining their wrist more with the vertical mouse, arrows be damned.

>using a mouse

what do you use, a trackpad?
inb4 keyboard autist

I tried a vertical Anker mouse but it felt like I was squeezing it harder just to move the cursor accurately. No good resting position. Felt like I was doing more work.

did you use it for more than an hour?

thinkpad nub

a week or two, then I returned it

That doesn't seen legit. How many people do you know who use a standard style mouse? How many of them complain of wrist pain and discomfort?

yes, trackball and touchscreen for life.

we need a solution first for my wrist resting on the corner of my table

if you want that thing just use mousepad with a cushion

mate I play 28 hours per day of csgo and I never get pain and discomfort using a mouse

>we need a solution first for my wrist resting on the corner of my table
>he doesn't have 1337 wrist

Attached: computer hacker.jpg (600x800, 98K)

I actually kind of do
its uncomfortable though

if you just put up with it long enough, you will grow thicker skin there, callus, and it wont matter

Only thing that ever fucked up my wrist something proper was using my fagbook pro trackpad when I first got it. Had to switch to a Bluetooth mouse after 6 months as I had the worst wrist pain, went away and had no problem since

Everybody that uses it for hours everyday for years. Literally everybody gets fucked up tendons.

>How many people do you know who use a standard style mouse?
All of them
>How many of them complain of wrist pain and discomfort?
All of them

As a manual wheelchair user of 20 years I'm significantly more at risk of developing arthritis. I have no joint pains or any discomfort whatsoever while using a mouse.

I'd suggest your acquaintances to man the fuck up.

what fucking retard keeps his entire fucking arm on the desk?

>using a pointing device

But is it good for gaming?

Attached: weww_0.jpg (637x637, 133K)

a vertical mouse is like a horizontal vagina

3M one is great, Carpel Tunnel affected faggot here. If I don't use that, I fucking die on a regular one.

For all we know from jav, we can't rule out this option.

i started using one of those recently, it does seem to help as i was having sharp pains with a normal mouse and haven't had any noticeable pain with the vertical one once you adjust, though i've got bad posture and am in my late 30s, so take that for what it's worth.

it's pretty bulky, for anything fast like an fps i could see it being troublesome, but general gaming it's alright (wow/lol)

wireless mouse are a meme, wireless peripherals, and typing on laptop keyboard are the biggest causes of rsi

>I fucking die
Like it's something bad?
God, I wish I'd die.

Nice.

Attached: 1531601410156.jpg (400x400, 33K)

wtf are those arrows supposed to represent?

It's a meme as someone who tried one.
Get any of the right-handed mouse with a gentle curve instead of full retard vertical. .e.g. Logitech G502, MX Master.

this

It's ok but get's some time getting used to, won't do shit with gamer mark but don't squish your carpal tunnel

I'm sure they're ergonomically sound. They're shit for accuracy though.

Most of the vertical mice I've seen don't go far enough, they are more like diagonal.

But vertical mice are obviously superior. Just take your hand and observe movement between horizontal and vertical positions. You have more degrees of freedom when vertical.

bought one for me dad with arthritis and it helped him alot, he still uses it everyday.

reminder that if you have the shitter mark you're doing something wrong, i've played my entire life and i've never gotten that mark

>wtf are those arrows supposed to represent?
the median nerve and probaly other shit that makes your hand work

>mouse
>not trackball
Enjoy your wrists falling off.

We need to go more extreme.

Attached: 1520427193960.png (700x525, 321K)

I think it's caused by people rapidly going nolife mode or something

I transitioned into nolife in elementary and middle school while playing runescape and I never developed a sore or a bump there. I do have a long, wide area of callus that you wouldn't even notice unless you looked for it

personally I tried a vertical mouse; it was a little weird as your wrist rests on its side, and precise movement is done by an up-and-down movement of your wrist rather than side-to-side, and more of a tendency to move the cursor when clicking
but a normal mouse was uncomfortable at times after long usage
I then tried this microsoft sculpt mouse, it has a slight cant (maybe 35°) and it is perfect
probably helps that the shape allows it to fit even huge gorilla hands

Attached: mouse.jpg (855x480, 35K)

A trackball

That titty squeeze grip, vertical mouse confirmed for Chad mouse.

Eye tracking

bump

No, they're pretty nice. I used to have wrist issues but I haven't had any problems since getting one. I only use it at work, use a nornal one at home.

Ive used a vertical mouse for about a year and its good, but takes like a week to get used to. The only problem I have with them is that its a niche mouse so your options are limited, I use the wired anker vertical mouse

Attached: mx-ergo-wireless-trackball.png (800x687, 275K)

>logitech

Attached: throw up.jpg (399x388, 24K)

Neet cuckold detected.
Stay based and warm in your dads basement.

the left can't meme

I've used the JTD endurance for nearly 5 years and really rate it. Seriously reduced the shoulder pain I'd been experiencing before. I found the Ankers too narrow and it felt like I had to hold my wrist in a weird position.

that's some pretty good wordplay, user

I worked on PC maintenance at a big university and the professional art/design department had all vertical mice. I found them uncomfortable to be honest.
A regular mouse of the right size for your hand is way better.

>JTD endurance
Which one of these? I didn't like the Anker so I'll give it a shot.

Attached: jtd endurance.png (1402x950, 279K)

Id say the top most one, Ive heard that the hand rest for vertical mice are amazing

Top one.

Attached: 1528559184349.jpg (475x357, 17K)

I find this whole vertical mouse thing very weird, especially since I've been using standard mice since around, oh, 1985 with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Attached: cold_mesh_by_metafrost-dc3r5ip.png (1600x1067, 1.84M)

agreed

Nobody ever thought, when mice were first designed, it makes perfect sense for the wrist to be relaxed with the palm facing the desk for both comfort and health? No, I imagine they never thought of that. At all.

logitech just added a first i think vertical mouse to their collection,
$99, maybe ...

I used some for a good period of time. the biggest problem was that I was looking for a mousing replacement instead of a supplement. for heavy use like gaming, they will eventually wear you down and piss you off. however, if you use them for everyday desktop tasks, you'll notice a definite reduction in hand strain. I ended up reverting back to a trackball, personally

What options do I have f for my phone? I fucking work 8-8 on my computer at work with the latest state of the art expensive mouse, seat, desk equipment and my hands, wrists, finger joints still hurt in like 25too so panicking.

Hurts to use phone when home, think it's nmaking it worse even though I use the slide swipe. Help?

what chair, bro?
and just use your phone less...

Link or name?

So which of the hands actually does the pointing?
>two hands wrestling each other for pointer control

Probably a button for it. Also looks a bit boring now.

Attached: 1519606468056.png (1024x1024, 698K)

This is only useful if you wanna pilot a starship

Attached: woohoo.png (680x510, 589K)

Make it so.

Just use a fucking wristpad, it raises your wrist and suddenly those arrows are straight again.
faggot.

Why in the fuck are you resting your wrist on the table and not your soft plushy oversized mousepad?

hang your mousepad over the table??? We've been doing it for decades

I have slow progressive joint deterioration and have to use this at a negative angle.

Same with the keyboard. I put my forearms on the table near the elbows, so my wrists are above the keyboard. If I can be close to the edge of the table it's more comfortable, as I can make angles more negative, for the mouse at least,

Attached: 71SUe9nkS5L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1334, 162K)

I'll say this, I use a vertical mouse for work and my wrists feel much better.

I need a normal mouse to game though.

Just get a real mousepad dumb fucks.

Attached: jibril 3d.jpg (640x640, 155K)

Or if you prefer the ass.

These are all ~$10.

>im embarassed
Go kill your wrist.

Attached: yami.jpg (800x800, 164K)

check mate

Attached: jokes on you.png (447x293, 3K)

why dont they make the panties a separate piece of fabric?. i'd be willing to pay 50+ dollars for a mousepad like this with a high level of quality and attention to detail

You mean mices in general??
Yeah, yeah they are.

if you look closely (not even really) at the pic the guy's arm is angled the exact same way, the arrows are just drawn differently.

>mices

>mooses

I got a vertical anker on sale for $15 and it completely fixed my wrist pain in 2 months

I'm a NEET and I can spend 14 hours a day online shitposting or jacking off it was well worth it

it broke after 2 years, left button stopped clicking so I remapped the scroll wheel as left click because I have to wait till Christmas to ask for a new one because my mom won't give me any money

Attached: 1537544321479.png (624x951, 891K)

THIS IS IT! No more wrist problems ever again. Buy one today!

Attached: 1536722573153.jpg (842x1191, 133K)

That looks super heavy.

I use hand gestures with my Kinect

>you will never lick a QT's foot-mouse

Attached: 1480628489278.png (960x948, 443K)

how old are you user?

OP I direct you to this infomercial.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA